give me wings

Fly
Please log in to read the full chapter

First and foremost:

I'm sorry for all the stuff in the forewords. haha

 

“Soo, how's it going with you guys?”

 

The weather was good today, so a lot of people are out and about at the park. Hoseok ended up meeting Namjoon again, a first time after a long while. He was with Yoongi, which was pretty expected. Sometimes Hoseok wishes that he could be in Yoongi’s place, just so he could be with Namjoon for a while, but the way he is lying face down in the ground kinda made him re-think.

 

“Oh, hey Hoseok, it's been pretty good”, Namjoon says pleasantly.

 

Yoongi groaned from his spot in the ground, and the two of them share a chuckle.

 

“Yoongi doesn't  seem to think so”, Hoseok says, still a little jealous, but at the same time, quite amused.

 

“Yeah, well, Yoongi is a lazy bum who doesn't care much about his work”, Namjoon says, bravely aiming a kick at Yoongi's arm.

 

Yoongi, as tired as he looks, puts an effort to turn his head specifically so he could fix his best glare at them.

 

“Oh wow, has Jimin turned him mute now?”, Hoseok asks, curiously poking Yoongi.

 

The Yoongi he has seen a couple of times now during the times he bumps into Namjoon has a very colourful vocabulary, and he is not afraid to share them. Yet, he hasn't said a word since Hoseok saw the two.

 

Yoongi inhales with great effort, “ everything”, he says weakly.

 

“Ah! There's the Yoongi that we all know and love!”, Namjoon yells, he seems to be enjoying Yoongi in this state.

 

Hoseok could only laugh.

 

“What has he done now anyway?”

 

“Oh no, don't get him started on th-”

 

“you wanna know what THAT BOY HAS DONE NOW?!?!?!!!??”, Yoongi sits up violently.

 

“Oh boy, you're in for it”, Namjoon pats his back and wanders off to his own charge.

 

Traitor.

 

“THIS MORNING THE USELESS LUMP OF A BOY DECIDED TO TAKE A ING WALK AT 3 AM IN THE ING MORNING BECAUSE THE WEATHER FOR TODAY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT, SO OF-FLIPPIN-COURSE IT ALSO APPLIES TO 3 AM. DO YOU KNOW WHAT LURKS IN THE STREETS AT THREE??”, at this point, Yoongi has grabbed Hoseok and is shaking him so thoroughly that he could feel his non-existent bones rattle, “THERE WERE ING BAD THINGS OF ALL SORTS, SOMEONE WAS GONNA GUN HIM, HE WAS GOING TO DIE FROM A DRUNK DRIVER, A DAMN PIPE WAS GOING TO BURST RIGHT AT HIS FUCING FACE, AND A RABID BIRD WANTS TO POKE HIS EYES THERE WERE EVEN SOME DAMN MONSTER, READY TO YANK HIM INTO ANOTHER IN WORLD AND I HAD TO-”

 

“Oi Yoongi, I don't think climbing the tree is a good idea for Jimin”, Namjoon calls out from his spot near Taehyung, his charge.

 

Hoseok flops down into the grass as soon as Yoongi releases him as if he was a boneless jellyfish. For someone who is supposedly out of energy, Yoongi gets up to run towards the tree for his charge pretty quickly.

 

“PARK GODDAMNED JIMIN, YOU GET DOWN FROM THE TREE BEFORE YOU STEP ON SOME BIRD AND SLIP YOU STUPID CARPET”, he yells as he got to the tree which Jimin has climbed up.

 

Hoseok would have laughed with Namjoon because it's still funny how Yoongi never stops yelling at his charge, or attempt to throw his shoe at him on the occasional good days, even when he knows he can't hear them or physically feel them, but Namjoon has betrayed him, and his non-physical body is still recovering from the trauma of Yoongi's tiny hands. Who knew he had it in him?

 

Hoseok still thinks he was secretly a psychopath when he was alive.

 

He allowed himself to giggle a little when Yoongi has safely left Jimin hanging on the tree by his Jacket, waiting to be rescued by his friend Taehyung. Yoongi's face has gone completely red for all his yelling, and he was blowing a raspberry right in Jimin's face, in hopes that he could feel it. He won't.



 

“You really can't keep having all these accidents Jimin, I told you I can't just lose you like this, who's going to make sure I eat all my fruit loops in the morning if you do??”, Taehyung says with a tremor in his voice as he nearly chokes Jimin with his hug.

 

“I swear I wasn't trying to have all these accidents Tae, but seriously, it's so much easier to see the fruit loops if you eat them with plain milk like most people”, Jimin tries to reassure him as best as he can with the limited air supply. Jimin really at comforting people, so it's good that he has this bright smile that blinds people from the things he says.

 

It would still be a somewhat heartwarming scene and all if this wasn't the third time this week, and Yoongi wasn't there yelling bloody murder, and trying to rip his own non-physical hair out.

 

“YOU’VE SAID THAT A THOUSAND TIMES YOU LOUSY MAMMOTH, YOU NEED TO START MAKING COME TRUE WITHOUT MY HELP”, Yoongi says, throwing his shoe for emphasis.

 

Hoseok and Namjoon chortles as it sails over their bodies and lands where Hoseok's charge is, about ten metres away.

 

“Great, now I'm half shoeless too. Somebody, kill me now”, Yoongi says, dropping back to the ground into his original position.

 

“You're already dead”, Namjoon says helpfully.

 

“SHUT THE HELL UP, TAEHYUNG ISN'T HALF THE PINHEAD JIMIN IS, NOW GO GET MY DAMN SHOE”

 

“Naah, I’m kinda comfortable”, Namjoon is already lowering his cap as he stretches against a tree and basking in the sun.

 

So, of course Hoseok has to steal his shoe and throw it even further. It went through several people's heads. Including his charge who has been stealing glances at the commotion Jimin made.

 

“AHAHAHA, hey Yoongi, I kinda get why you do this now, it's kinda fun”

 

“It most definitely would be if you USE YOUR OWN DANG SHOE, but you know what? I'm not even that mad cuz duude, that combo!”

 

Hoseok has to laugh, even if he had to leave right after because his charge was leaving. He’ll probably see Namjoon and Yoongi again soon anyway.





 

Hoseok wasn't completely right. His time with Jeon Jungkook, his charge, expires before he gets to meet Yoongi and Namjoon again. Fortunately, Taehyung's time has also run out around the same time, so he gets to go off with Namjoon. They have a lot to catch up. As for Yoongi….


 

“Ouch…”, Jimin gets up rubbing his head with a groan. He opens his eyes to blinding light and a view he has never seen before, yet is strangely familiar. It has a feeling like home.

 

“Where… Am-”, He gasps as he remembers, “TAE!! TAE WHERE ARE-”

 

He sees a familiar figure nearby, and runs frantically to his best friend.

 

“... Tae?”, he says in a small voice, hand hovering over his head, afraid that he wouldn't be able to touch becaus

Please log in to read the full chapter