01 Childhood

Close Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Minho and I met when I was about 5 years old. My family moved to Incheon as my dad had some work to settle there as a navy personnel serving for our country. Our house was at a corner and his’ was just in front of mine.

 

Every morning after waking up at 6 am, Mom helped me to get ready and go to his house as Minho’s mom was a babysitter. At that time he was just a regular 7 years old boy. We played together a lot and he also made me cry a lot too. We grew up together and went to school together. We practically became close like siblings.

 

At school, there would be two boys who are always ready to taunt me every single day. Every time they did that, Minho would stop them by saying,

 

“Stop messing with my sister!” and made a very serious look on his face.

 

Soon after, no one even dared to bother me ever again. I couldn’t even communicate with anyone at school and it made me very difficult to study in that kind of situation but the second reason I couldn’t communicate also was because of my mother tongue. I couldn’t speak hangul fluently.

 

Every time the last bell rang, he would show up in front of my face with that childish smile. To me it was very bothersome. Mom reminded me to let him accompany me back home as I was just a little girl and to her it seems very dangerous for me to walk home alone. At first I was okay with it but after an incident happened, I didn’t even want to look at him anymore.

 

I had a crush with a boy in my class. He was my love at first sight. He was such a gentleman. I fell for him the first time our eyes met. I woke up late on the first day of high school.

 

It was already 7:30 am and the only reason I woke up was because of Minho’s screaming and yelling my name in front of my house. If it wasn’t for him, I would still be sleeping until evening.

 

I was really sleepy and hurriedly rushed to my class. Just as I was about to enter my class I tripped and fell face first. Then, a hand appeared out of nowhere and a sweet voice came out,

 

“Are you okay?” as soon as I heard that voice, I immediately stare into his eyes and fell at that very moment.

 

Everyone looked at me with laughter.

 

“Gomawoyo” is all that I can say.

 

After that humiliating stumble, I went back to my seat next to the window and the teacher introduced to us a new student. Park Syaoran was his name. He was a transfer student from Japan. His family moved here because his father worked for a great company in Korea. Just by looking at his clothes and school bag everyone knew how rich he was.

 

The teacher asked if there were any empty seats and suddenly I froze. I realized that there was an empty seat behind me but I don’t know why I didn’t respond to the teacher. Sulli, my best friend since 1st grade told the teacher about the empty seat behind me.

 

When Syaoran sat down, I let out a sigh because I froze earlier. Sulli asked me to what happened earlier but I shook my head convincing her that it wasn't a big deal.

 

When it was recess time, Syaoran asked me where the canteen was and Sulli quickly said to follow us. When we walked out of class, I saw Minho standing by the door with a Tupperware in his hand.

 

“Come on, let’s eat at the school field” he said with that childish smile on his face.

 

“Um... Minho. Today Aeri, Syaoran and I are gonna go to the canteen and eat together.” Sulli spoke and there was a bit of silence.

 

“Can I join?” that was a question which I’ve expected from him as he was like my loving brother who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter