You Are My Shooting Star

One Shoot Galery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i.

you set me free

 

 

Myungsoo meets Sungyeol on a Friday. Myungsoo has the night shift at a clothing store in the mall and it’s just his luck, really, when someone dashes in two minutes before he was supposed to close up. “I’m so sorry, I know you’re about to close, but I just need to buy one thing.”

 

The someone blurts out from somewhere behind a clothing rack and Myungsoo blinks, wondering how the hell they got over there that fast.

 

He’s even more confused as a nice white button- up shirt is placed onto the counter and Myungsoo’s eyes travel up mile long legs to see a wide smile. “S-sure.” He clears his throat, finally realizing he was supposed to say something.

 

He doesn’t know why but his face is flushing and this guy is actually really attractive--- Myungsoo quickly shakes his head to clear it and he flashes a smile at the guy as he scans the item. “27,400 won, please.” He murmurs, reaching down to grab a bag and put the shirt in it.

 

A credit card is handed to him and Myungsoo can’t help but glance down at the name. Lee Sungyeol.

 

He swipes the card and slides it back to Sungyeol, who takes it and the bag. “Thank you so much, really.” Sungyeol replies with a wide smile. “I hope you have a great night!” He exclaims as he bounds out of the store, leaving a confused Myungsoo behind, who only knows that he wants to see this Lee

Sungyeol again.

 

 

ii.

you get me

 

 

Three weeks pass until Myungsoo sees Sungyeol again. He has an off day from school and is spending it at the café right around the corner from his apartment, sitting at his normal table with a caramel macchiato in his hands.

 

He has a Literature paper due in five hours with six hundred more words left. Myungsoo takes no notice of the door opening until he hears the name Sungyeol being exclaimed in a loud voice that he knows to be Woohyun’s and he looks up from his laptop screen to see the Lee Sungyeol from those weeks ago standing at the counter, leaning against it with that wide smile on his face.

 

Myungsoo can't help but wonder how they know each other but he shakes his head to clear his thoughts because he needs to finish this damn paper--

 

he’s known about it for a month and had only just started on it the day before yesterday. He thinks getting in his portfolio for Photography is a lot more important than some stupid essay on some English author and book he doesn’t care about.

 

“It’s you!”

 

Myungsoo’s head snaps up to see Sungyeol slide into the booth across from him, setting a cup down as he grins and Myungsoo swallows nervously, “Me?” A dumb response, but he has no idea why Sungyeol is even bothering to sit with him.

 

“From the store a few weeks ago, right? I really am sorry about that, coming in at the last minute, but l had an interview the next morning and all of my clothes were dirty and it--- was just a stupid move on my part.” Sungyeol rambles and Myungsoo’s lips  quirk up in a small smile.

 

It was kinda cute. “It’s fine.” He replies.

 

Sungyeol keeps his smile and extends his hand. “Lee Sungyeol.”

 

Myungsoo takes it, definitely not mentioning that he had already known his name because that would make him seem like a creep. (Which he swearshe isn’t.)

 

“Kim Myungsoo.” He clears histhroat and lets their hands drop. Sungyeol laughs. “I think this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship, Myungsoo- ssi.” He replies, and Myungsoo can only smile. He thinks so too.

 

 

iii.

everywhere

 

 

Myungsoo believes he’s going insane. Ever since meeting Sungyeol at the café, they’ve hung out quite often. Sungyeol comes over to his apartment and Myungsoo goes over to his (his roommate is Woohyun, which explains them knowing each other), and soon enough, Sungyeol is the only thing on Myungsoo’s mind.

 

Finals are coming up and their chances to see each other lessen but even then, all Myungsoo can think about is  Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol’s hair that he likes to run his fingers through sometimes, Sungyeol’s bright, beautiful eyes, Sungyeol’s beautiful hands, Sungyeol’s extremely long legs---

 

Myungsoo knows he’s going insane. Whenever he’s in the same room as Sungyeol, he feels all weird. It’s like butterflies are swarming in his stomach and his hands get sweaty and clammy. He knows what that means but he doesn’t want to admit it.

 

(Myungsoo realizes he’s in love with Sungyeol on a Monday.)

 

 

iv.

sweet misery

 

 

Sungyeol likes to get his hopes up, Myungsoo soon learns. He had blurted out his feelings on a night when they had just finished their exams and he had had a bit too much soju.

 

He expected the worse, of course, but Sungyeol kissed him instead. They aren't official, or at least Myungsoo doesn’t think so, because whenever they’re out in public and Myungsoo tries to grab Sungyeol’s hand, Sungyeol pulls away.

 

Myungsoo tries to hide how it hurts, since maybe Sungyeol’s just nervous. They’re both guys, they aren’t supposed to feel this way, he’ll be more comfortable sooner or later.

 

It’s another drunken night (this time, Myungsoo’s twenty-first birthday) when Sungyeol says that he’s afraid.

 

He loves Myungsoo, he really does, but he’s terrified. “It’s... my parents would flip, I’d be lucky if they ever let me see Daeyeol again.” Sungyeol’s laugh is forced as he drowns another shot and Myungsoo wants to stop him, but he keeps silent, eyes glued onto the floor.

 

“And our friends...” Sungyeol’s voice trails and he looks up. “We’re both guys, Myungsoo-yah. I’m sorry, but it’s... you know people don’t react too kindly to things like this.  When we’re alone we can touch all we want, alright?” He smiles but it’s lopsided and his breath reeks of alcohol.

 

“I’m... I don’t think I’m ready to do skinship in public, okay?” His tone sounds like he’s talking to a child and Myungsoo just nods, not k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter