Chapter 4

It's Not Over

When Luhan told him about his unrequited case with Minseok, Yixing agrees that the surgery goes against his moral ethics because technically it rips people away from their rights of being in love, regardless of the fact that the disease is slowly killing them.

Being in love is a wonderful feeling, Yixing figures. That explains the reason why Yixing strongly refused the offer to undergo a surgery because who knows when’s the next time he’s going to feel that way again?

Being in love is hard, Yixing knows. Because the fact that your body can’t control what it’s doing to you demands you to be more aware of your feelings and gain more power in order to not let it drive you out of your senses.

Being in love is addicting. Because even though it hurts sometimes, and makes you cough flowers out of your infected lungs, the thrill of it is indescribably exhillirating it makes you crave for more.

So Yixing was dejected, indeed, when he woke up that day to find his feeling for Baekhyun has vanished. The hollow sensation in his heart was impossible to ignore and Yixing wanted to scream, to gawk at the surgeon to give his feelings back but he just chose to cry his sadness to sleep. When he left the hospital with Jongdae though, he knows he’ll be alright.

Yixing smiles at the thought of Jongdae.

He’s truly thankful to have Jongdae by his side to help him out (because let’s face it, sweeping thousands of flower petals is really a task when you’re alone), to hear his silent cry of help when nobody notices, and to make Yixing actually feels worthy of love. The aftermath of the surgery feels less burdening when Jongdae is there to cheer him on and although Yixing hates to rely on the younger too much, he must admit he’s grown a habit of seeking for Jongdae in any kind of situations he has.

And he’s really not one who is fond of favoritism, but Jongdae has earned a special spot in his heart.

“Hyung, really?”

Yixing looks up to find Jongdae before him, hands perching on his hips and Yixing smiles in embarrassment. The younger crouches down to collect bits of porcelain and flower petals with him.

“This is the third time you broke the flower vase,” Jongdae retorts in what sounds like irritation and amusement. He snatches a plastic bag and hands it to Yixing.

“I’m not covering your this time, have fun being scolded by Joonmyun-hyung,” the younger says before leaving to his room.

Yixing’s eyes follow Jongdae as he runs into Minseok at the hallway and he bites the insides of his cheeks when he sees them sharing a kiss.

Feeling intruding, he focuses back on shoving the broken vase and the now ruined forget-me-nots into the plastic bag. His throat still itches a bit but he’s gotten used to it by now.

He brings his hand over his mouth to cover as he coughs, ignoring the little blue flowers that he spits into his palm.