chapter 6

One of us

 

Minho reached his hand to rest on Taemin's waist but the boy wasn’t there, he was alone in bed. Stretching he got up and got out of the room, he could hear Eunji mumbling while Taemin's voice urge her to open and eat, smiling to himself he went to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth when he came out he saw the baby sitting on the counter and a shaky hands Taemin looking at her desperately. 
"Good morning" he mumbled and got closer to the boy trying to wrap himself around him with a loving hug "you got up too early, don’t you-" his words had been cut when Taemin shrugged his hands off of him, the fork fell from his hand with a thump. 
Surprised, Minho looked at him as he took the fork in his hand and tried to feed Eunji almost too roughly with scrambled egg. 
The baby turned her head and kicked her small feet angrily as he tried to hold her so she won't fall from the counter, the egg fell on the floor and that made him angrier. 
"Taemin…" Minho tried to hug him again and got the same reaction "what's wrong?!" 
The boy let go of the fork and took Eunji in his arms, he walked into her room and tried to dress her, the baby wasn’t cooperating today. 
"Taemin" Minho said firmly this time as he followed him "talk to me" last night he was a little gloomy, today he looked angry and he had no idea why.  
Eunji must have been felt the stress and started to cry, she screamed and squirmed while Taemin tried to put her arm through the sleeves of her shirt. 
Shampoo who heard the noise stepped into the room and started to bark at the boy angrily like he was hurting his Eunji. 
"Aren’t you going to talk to me?" Minho asked over the noise. 
Taemin shook, tears spilled from his eyes as pulled Eunji's shorts over her tush and took her in his arms again, the baby struggled but he kept holding her, when Minho's hand reached to wipe his eyes he smacked him angrily and shouted at him " off Minho!" 
Shampoo barked louder to the scene and followed as the two went out of the room. 
"What the is wrong?!" Minho lost his patience. 
"I'll take her to the daycare, we'll meet at the lawyer's office" was all Taemin said before he walked out the door and shut it behind him. 
Suddenly everything became quiet, Shampoo stopped barking and howled at Minho like asking 'ok, what now?', he the dog's fur and took a deep shaky breath, realizing that the boy act like he did out of fear for what the day would bring.

 

 

 

 

After getting dressed quickly Minho went out of the apartment, he hasn’t seen Taemin's car at the parking lot and guessed he already drove to the lawyer's office. 
He got on his motorcycle and woke the engine to life with a loud roar before he drove away, moments later he parked at the lawyer's office and saw Taemin's car, he was hugging the wheel, crying and staring sadly at the building. 
Minho locked his motorcycle and made his way the boy's car, knocking on his window he drew his attention and made him wipe his eyes embarrassedly, he waited for him to open the door and get out of the car before he wrapped one arm around his waist and pulled him closer to his body, his free hand cupped his cheek lovingly and pulled his lips to his mouth with long slow kiss that melted his bones. 
Soft moan echoed in Taemin's throat when Minho's tongue invaded his mouth and him, him, tasted and played with him, he placed his hands on his chest desperately and pulled his collar like asking of him to stop, even though he wanted to be kissed by him forever. 
They both panted for air when their lips separated, Taemin gave Minho a sad look, like begging him with his eyes to make this day bearable as possible, one of them was going to get hurt and he had a feeling it would be him. 
Without saying a word he got free from his grip and made his way to the lawyer's office. 

 

 

 

 
"Hello Mr. Lee" the receptionist welcomed Taemin as he walked in, she welcomed Minho seconds later. 
They both sat silently like they did at the first time they met, none of them talked until they have been called into Mr. Nam's office. 
"Good morning gentlemen" the lawyer said as they took a seat by his desk. 
Both mumbled a small greeting.
Nam took out an envelope from his drawer "after we'll clarified who the father is, you could chose by raising Eunji or give up your paternity" 
Taemin panted, Minho could hear his harsh breaths, he looked at the envelope miserably and waited till Mr. Nam would open it. 
However, the lawyer gave Minho the envelope before he excused himself out of the office so they could have a little moment of privacy. 
When the door shut behind him Minho looked at Taemin before he ripped it into small pieces.
The boy's eyes bulged and he jumped in his seat "Minho-?" 
"We don’t need it" 
"But, Eunji-" he choked on his words and tried to collect the pieces of paper that fell on Minho's lap, like he could glue them together "I can't let her get into foster families or orphanage…she can't have the life me and Irene had, if you're the father and you'll give up your paternity, I'll adopt her, I promise, just-" 
Minho grabbed his shaky hands in his and stopped him from doing so, he looked deeply into teary eyes and said quietly "she won't get into foster family or orphanage" confused eyes looked at him as he continued "she belong with the two of us, you and me, we don’t need to know who the father is, we proved we can raise her well together"
"Minho-"
"Don’t you get it? I want you and Eunji in my life" 
The boy shook his head and tears rolled down his cheeks. 
"Why not?"  
"It's hard to raise a child, emotional and financial" 
"Therefore you can't do it all by yourself…" 
"Would you be able to change your lifestyle, to be fit into Eunji's needs? What if you won't? would you leave us and-" 
"Taemin, I'm not leaving" Minho cut him off and reached his hand to wipe his tears "I want the two of you in my life, if I wanted to run away, I wouldn’t have shown in first place, sure my intentions weren't pure at first but I had many times to leave but I stayed" 
"I'm afraid" the boy admitted. 
"Me too…everything changed and I know it won't be easy, but hey, we're together in it" 
A small knock on the door sounded before it opened, Mr. Nam came in and surprised written on his face when he saw the ripped envelope. 
"Mr. Choi, Mr. Lee…?" 
"We don’t need to know who's the father" Minho said turning at the lawyer, he was still holding Taemin's hands, squeezing it lovingly as he said "Eunji have two fathers" 

 

 


 

So, basically, this is the end of my story, but I'm sure you guys are curious about the father's identity...
so, do you wanna know if it's Minho or Taemin? 
who do you think would be the father and why, share your answer at the comments. 
my next update would tell Irene's secret ^^