Taemin: Searching for Answers

The Curse

A/N: Thank you for reading, and subscribing I really appreciate it. Sorry for the very very late update, this chapter took a ton of time to edit I added and took away a lot of things. I also extended and made it a bit longer so I hope you really enjoy this chapter. Please forgive me for any grammar/Spelling mistake I typed this in the early morning with little to no sleep so I may had missed a few...

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Amber are you busy?", Taemin asked her as he stood outside her home office, unsure on whether to go in or not.  Amber looked quite busy and he didn't want to disturb her but at the moment there was no one else who could answer his questions

"I'm never to busy for you.", she answered looking up from her computer,"Are you feeling sick?", she asked him as he walked in and sat across from her.

"No, I'm not feeling sick.", he answered,"I came to talk to you about Ryeowook.".

"I know he can't control his speed when he drives.", she stated,"I keep on tell him to not to step on the accelerator to hard but.".

Taemin interrupted her,"He does need a bit more practice but I didn't came to talk about his driving.".

"Then what do you want to talk about?".

"When I was talking to him he mentioned that he knew my parents, and he seemed very sad when he found out that they weren't alive.", he stated,"I asked him how he knew them but he was very vague about it. He just said that my parents were kind to him but his behavior made me feel like there was something else. I don't know if I'm over thinking all this, I'm just very confused.".  

"If you came looking for answer, I can't help you.", Amber said,"I really don't know much about him.".

"Amber are you sure you don't know anything?", he asked her. Taemin was beginning to get upset if Amber didn't know anything he was going to have to wait until he got a chance to see Key or Onew. He knew that his chances of seeing them was slim since they both weren't feeling well today and he didn't know when he would get the opportunity to come back here again.

"Taemin I really find it hard to believe that Ryeowook knew your parents.".

"Why do you say that?", he asked her,"Do you think he lied to me?".

"I don't know if he lied to you or not, but based on what I know your parents never had any contact with him.", she stated,"Your parents came to live at the Main House one week before you were born and Ryeowook was never around them. Actually he was never around anyone, he was always alone. While we all played together he would just sit under this cherry tree and watch us play.".

"Why didn't you invite him to play? Why did you let him be all alone?", Taemin asked as he imagined a young Ryeowook all alone; for some odd reason it really upset him.

"I thought you wanted to know about your parents connection with him, not about his past.", she commented.

"I want to know everything about him.", Taemin stated.

"What's with the sudden interest in him?", she asked.

"I'm just curious that's all.", he answered,"So aren't you going to tell me why you didn't invite him to play.".

"I don't understand why you want to know this but I'll tell you.", she smiled at him,"He watched us for several days but we never invited him we were always even in numbers. In every game we played I was onew's teammate and Key was always teamed up with Jonghyun. We just never needed another person except this one time when Jonghyun's parents came back from one of their trips, they took him somewhere and we needed another person. So we asked him to play he accepted and with played with him for several hours until Jonghyun came back, and started to play with us again. Ryeowook then went back to sitting under the tree after that day we never played with him or Jonghyun again.".

"Why not? What happened?", Taemin asked as he tried figure out if he could connect anything Amber was saying to what Ryeowook told him.

"I don't know Ryeowook just disappeared we never saw him again until now and as for Jonghyun he moved in with his parents. His parents began to tell Jonghyun what he should and shouldn't do as the god.", Amber stated as she rolled her eyes,"And well you know the rest everyone began to treat those that were curse differently. They no longer saw us as people they just saw us as the animal we represent.". 

"Are you saying everything could have been different if Jonghyun parents never came back?".

"Most likely than not yes. I believe everything would have been completely different.", she answered him.

"Do you think Ryeowook was locked up all this time?",he asked her.

"There's no way he could have been locked up all this time.", she said,"You can say whatever you want about Jonghyun but I don't think he's is that heartless. Ryeowook and his parents probably got kick out of the Main house since he was cursed as the cat and everyone thought he was bad luck.".

"You're probably right.", he agreed with her since everything she was saying made perfect sense to him,"Amber do you know if I had an older brother?".

She laughed,"You were an only child Taemin. When your parents came to the live at the Main house they came alone with no one else.".

"Are you sure Amber? Maybe you don't remember because you were young.".

"I'm positive that you never had any siblings, like I said your parents live completely alone until you were born.", she answered,"Why do you think you had an older brother?".

"I don't know it was just a thought that popped into my head.", he lied to her. Taemin didn't want Amber to know it was Ryeowook who ask him if he had an older brother; he didn't want her to think he was crazy.

"Well you better stop thinking about crazy things and go get Luna. I need to take you two back to the Main house, before Jonghyun gets mad and takes you out of school.". 

"Actually he's already mad. He already said that he was going to take Minho and I out of school.", Taemin informed her.

"Why are you just telling me this right now?", she stood up,"Come on I need to talk to him, we're leaving now.".

"Can we please just go later?", he asked her,"Jonghyun never lets me be here.".

"Fine , you can stay a little while longer.", she smiled at him.

"Thank you.", he smiled as he then stood up and left her office. As he walked towards Minho's bedroom he saw Ryeowook in cat form running inside to the room that was opposite of Minho's. Instead of going inside Minho's bedroom like he was planning to he went inside of Ryeowooks bedroom. Just as he entered the bedroom a poof was heard across the room; the smoke began to clear.

"What are you doing here get out!", Ryeowook yelled as he covered himself.

Taemin didn't exit the room he simply just turned around to give him his privacy. He smiled; slightly blushing a bit. He found Ryeowook reaction cute,"Calm down, you're acting like it's something that I haven't seen before.".

"I know it's just that it's uncomfortable for me.",he said as he began to change,"I've never been in front of anyone.".

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable, it wasn't my intention.", he stated.

"It's fine don't worry about it.", he said as he sat down on his bed,"So what do you need?".

"Nothing, I just wanted to spend some time with you.", he smiled as he turned around to face him. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with Ryeowook, he wanted to figure out what kind of connection he had with his parents.

"Why would you want to spend time with me?".

"I like you, I think you're very nice.", he answered as he scanned Ryeowook's room. His room was practically empty; except for his bed and an old piano in the corner of the room. "I didn't know you played the piano." he commented as he walked up to it.

Ryeowook stood up and walked towards the piano,"I love playing the piano. Do you play?".

"I do,my father taught me how.", he smiled as he touched the keys. 

" I used to sit for hours watching him play .", he said,"I really loved the white grand piano that he had. I remember the day he finally let me use it, it was magical.". 

"My dad let you use his piano?", Taemin asked. He was a bit startled that Ryeowook knew about his father's grand piano, but what surprised him the most was that his father allowed Ryeowook to touch it.

"What songs do you know how to play?".

By the way he was acting and by he quickly changed the subject Taemin knew that Amber was wrong and that Ryeowook definitely had a connection to his parents. How else would he have known about his father's grand piano if he never entered his home. "I haven't memorized any pieces yet, I just play what I read in the notes. Do you have any pieces memorized.".

"I know about fifteen pieces.", he sat down as he then  began to play a song,"Play with me.".

"I can't I don't have any notes.".

"Just what I instruct you to do, you'll be fine.", he smiled as he moved over to make some room for Taemin.

"Okay.", Taemin smiled as he sat beside him; putting his fingers where Ryeowook instructed him to. They played about three songs together, when Ryeowook instructed him to play one of the songs that they just played on his own,"I don't have the notes.".

"You can do it.".

Taemin smiled at him feeling slightly nervous as he began to play; he was only able to play about half the song."I told you I wasn't going to be able to do  it.", he pouted.

Ryeowook put his arm his shoulder; pulling him in for quick hug as he then ruffled his hair,"You memorized half of the song. I'm really impressed I haven't seen anyone do that before.".

Taemin blushed,"You're a really great teacher.".

"Whenever you have some free time I teach you more if you want.".

"I would really love that.", he smiled at him. "Can you teach me more now.".

"I wish I could but I need to go help Luna cook.", he said as he stood up,"I'll teach you next time.".

Taemin started to feel irritated when Ryeowook walked away to be with Luna; he hated the fact that she always got in his way. As he exited Ryeowook bedroom he saw Minho.

"What are you doing coming out of his bedroom?", Minho asked him.

"Nothing I was just playing with the piano.", he answered him as he  then walked into Minho's bedroom.

"You can play the piano at home, why did you have to lock yourself in there?".

"Because I wanted to. I like Ryeowook and I'm going to be his friend whether you like it or not.", Taemin informed him,"I dislike Luna and I haven't told you to stop talking to her. I'm even stuck living with her, so please respect my decision.".

"I don't know why you like that cat, but I'll respect your decision.", Minho sighed,"So why were you and Ryeowook in my garden?".

"Ryeowook wanted to make some soup for Key and Onew, so I took him to your garden.", Taemin confessed,"I'm sorry I know I shouldn't have done that but I was just trying to help.".

 "He should have still asked me first.",Minho stormed out of his room.

"Minho come back.", Taemin said as he then followed him out of the room.

"Why did you touch my garden without my permision?", Minho asked as he walked into the Kitchen.

"It was my fault Minho I took him there and let him.", Taemin said,"I'm really sorry.".

Ryeowook immediately stopped cooking,"I didn't think you would mind since it was for Onew and Key.".

"I don't mind but you still should have ask for permission.", Minho stated.

"If you were going to allow me to take food from your garden why are you here complaining about it?!", he yelled.

"To make sure that next time you take food from my garden, you ask me for permission first you stupid cat.", Minho answered.

"You're nothing more than a spoiled little rat.", Ryeowok said as he got into Minho face.

"Stop it you two please don't fight.", Luna said."Key and Onew aren't feeling well and we should try to make as little nose as possible.".

Minho smiled at Luna,"You're right I'll be in my room.", he said as he then walked away.

"I try and I try but I just can't stand him.", Ryeowook said,"I don't know if I'll ever get along with him.".

"Minho is very nice, I'm sure you two will be friends in no time.", Luna commented as she then went back to cooking.

Ryeowook didn't say a word as just when back to cooking as well.

Taemin watched them cook for a while, he noticed how much Luna blushed when she was near Ryeowook. He quickly got annoyed of the scene in front of him and left the kitchen to go with MInho. But before he even reached his room Amber stop him.

"Jonghyun just called me. You and Luna need to return to the Main House right now.", Amber said.

"Let me just go say bye to Minho.".

"Jonghyun's really angry.", Amber informed him,"Just call Minho once you get home.".

Taemin nodded and followed Amber into the kitchen.

"Luna, we're leaving.", she informed her.

Luna went to  wash her hands,"Thank you for allowing me to cook with you.".

"It was a lot more fun cooking with you then alone.",he commented. 

"I'll remember you said that.", Luna said before she walked away.

As Amber drove them back to the Main House, Taemin put on his headphones to listen to some music. He didn't want to hear Luna tried to guess Amber's zodiac transformation again. Once they entered the Main house gates, he took off his headphones.

"You and Minho will be going back to school don't worry about anything okay.", Amber said as she parked the car.

"Do you want me to go with you to talk to him?", Taemin asked.

"No just go home, is better if I do this alone.",Amber said as she then walked away.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?", Luna asked him as they walked towards Taemin's home.

"I'm not hungry.", he answered,"Luna do you like Ryeowook?".

"I do I think he's very nice.", she smiled.

Taemin was a bit shocked that she just admitted to liking him. He felt happy knowing that she had no feelings for Minho but he still felt a bit uneasy.

"Are you okay Taemin?".

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?", he answered.

"When I admitted to liking him, you just stayed quiet.", she commented,"Don't tell me you judge him because he's the cat.".

"No, I don't care that he's the cat.", he said as he unlocked the house door,"I'm going to go call Minho.", he informed her as he then locked himself up in his bedroom and dialed Minho's number.

                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

A/N: Well that does it for this chapter. I really hope you enjoyed it, please leave a comment I really enjoy reading them. See you all in the next chapter...