First sight

In my eyes

"Everyone, thank you for making time out to attend our first script reading. Also, taking this chance to introduce you the actors and actresses of the character assigned to each individual. Some might have read the news on who the leads are but i will let you guys do it yourself here. Shall we?" PD Lee Eung-bok took his first speech to welcome all on board the first ever pre-produced drama in Korea. He had wanted a movie but after discussing with the writers, the story will do better as a series. Every cast they chose had been carefully picked, especially the four leads. News cant be hidden. As long both Song JoongKi and Song HyeKyo's names were put out, all were eager for them to act out in this military romance drama. It was the second lead that required a little more time to select from. No auditions had been announced but there were strings of actors and actresses coming up to him and the other directors for a shot for the 2nd leads.

Writer Kim EunSook had someone in mind for the charater of Yoon MyungJoo, a army surgeon. Given her stand on this production, he could not deflect her choice at all but when he got to know who she had in mind, the actress indeed matches the character. At the back of his head, he wondered who can partner this actress in terms of appearance. Afterall, compatibality is the key success for on-screen chemistry. He then recalled JinGoo coming up to him sincerely asking if there's any suitable roles for him. What he liked about the guy was he was truthful when he asked why he wanted to act im his drama. "Firstly, the story line attracted me. Secondly, there's big stars like Song JoongKi and Song HyeKyo. Thirdly, i heard it will be pre-produced and there's a chance to go Greece." He decided to cast JinGoo when he suggested the actor to the team for approval. "I think they will look good together." was what writer Kim EunSook said. Her words are gold. PD Lee Eung-bok reminises as he took a step back and let the casts lead on.

JinGoo counted himself lucky as he never thought he will be given any opportunity in the upcoming highly raved drama. He did his best to show his interest but at that moment, he was told there was no suitable character for him. That was why he was utterly grateful whe he received a call from the PD himself. The drama team requested a meet up with him and briefly discussed his character. Never did he thought he will be offered the 2nd male lead. He once had a moment of fame when he acted out in the drama "All In" of his entertainmant agency's boss Lee ByungHun. But all those died off and nobody recognise him ever since. It was overtime he matured and realised being a actor, you cannot think of fame. He loves acting. Fame is a bonus. He worked hard over the years but the shining stars never shine on him. He couldnt bother much either. "JingGoo xi, you will not be playing rival against the main lead for love. Infact, its more like bromance between you two. On top of that, you will have your own romance with the 2nd female lead. Writer Kim EunSook had her in mind while coming up with the 2nd lead characters. She is Kim Ji Won. You might not be familiar with her because of the different era you both are born in. Nonetheless, we think you two will turn out fine. We will see you at the first script reading then. Lets work well together." That was relayed to him.

Matter of fact, he does not know who Kim Ji Won was. When he got home, he navered who she is. The instant her picture came out from his search, he slammed his palm on his forehead. "How old is she? Dear lord. Is she at least 18? Romancing such girl? Think about kiss scene! Whats going on with the producers and writers' mind?",he said to the screen as he scrolled down to see more pictures of her tl he had enough. With a sigh, he looked up her biography. Born in the year 1992. She looks way younger than her actual age. JinGoo is born in the year 1980. He is 35 and she is 23. "Fcuk my life. How will there be chemistry between us?",JinGoo continued to sigh. But he is not one to be discourage so easily. In fact, he was kind of surprise she had acted out in a few movies and dramas. There's even one which she was the lead with a big star, So JiSub. The recent dramas she acted in was a huge success internationally too. Perhaps he did not have to worry acting with a underage newbie. No, he was not discriminating young starters but instead was concern of the protraying of the characters' emotions. Experience plays a part in such adult drama. He switched off his laptop and head out for a basketball match to clear his worries.

"JiWon ah.. Why not take up the casting as the 2nd female lead for my latest drama? Have you heard about it? In brief, she is a army surgeon and no, she will not be a spoilt brat. She will have to fight for her love and save lives too. Sound good to you?" It was surprising to get a call from writer Kim EunSook. She was famous in not calling back actors and actresses whom she had worked with before. Apart of that, it was the plot of the story which attracted her. Upon confirming with her agency that her schedule permits her to take on the role, she agreed on the casting. Her young mind was curious who will be her love interest. Her appearance looked younger than her actual age. Though youthful, she gives out a aura which makes people not want to be near her. In short, they were intimidated by her stares when her eyes falls on you. They are big and full of curiousity yet many interpret as the stare of death. Only her good friends know how energetic and lovable she is within. Ater greeting everyone in the script reading room, she took her assigned seat. She was half an hour early and not many of the cast is present. On the table, there's a name sign "Yoon MyungJoo - First Lieutenant (Army Surgeon)" and the Episode1 script.

Whie waiting for the rest to arrive, JiWon flipped the script book and read through the characters on the first page. Her friends had told her who her on-scrren lover was but she had no time to search through the internet. She has decided to meet him today and asked her friends not to send her pictures of him. She wants to have a feel of first impression. 'His name is JinGoo. His character a low ranking sergant, Seo DaeYoung Sangsa. Brave and loyal. Fight to protect his country and love ones. His love with Yoon MyungJoo is bitter sweet. I wonder who he is. Can we make a good couple?' Her thoughts were cut off when the room became filled with people. She lifted her head and saw him taking a seat opposite her. The name sign "Sangsa Seo DaeYoung" and the very next second, their eyes met one another. The timer seems to stop. There were no expression on his face. His eyes are cold. HIs skin is dark and his physic is strong. Kim JiWon is intimidated by JinGoo on the first meeting. "Whats with the piercing look. This little girl is not friendly at all. Where's the hello when our sight meet?", JinGoo was getting irritated by the rude behaviour because JiWon kept staring without a word and worse, not even blinking. But he cooled off when she blinked her eyes and smiled at him with a slight bow.