Episode 1

Doctor Stranger (Remake)


"Youngbae-ah c'mon let's go." I heard Seolhyun shout. "Yah, hurry up let's go on our little date." she yelled louder. I was laughing, she was always like this. She would either be a cute cheerful girl or she could be devil's daughter when she is mad. But that is what I liked about her. She was different from all the other girls here. Especially in North Korea where Kim Jung Un ruled eveything. Well I was from South Korea but because my father Yang Hyun Suk a famous heart surgeon came here to do a surgery on the leader of this country, however because of Lee Soo Man the very man who sent my father and I here, wanted us killed. But suprisingly this nations' government did not kill, but make us a part of the country living under the leader. SInce my dad saved their leader, the governent was lenient on me and I did things the others wouldn't dare do. For example, my hair style was never that of a regular man in North Korea. But there was one thing in North Korea that no other country has and that is Kim Seolhyun. She was my everything. I first met her the day my dad did the surgery on the leader. I was amazed by what my dad was doing. I knew he was the best of the best. Even when they had a gun to my head to threaten my dad that if he didn't succeed  then I would die. But that did not faze him. I knew he could do it so I wasn't scared. I think my dad was relieved when he saw me calm and he did what he did best and saved the leader. After watching him, I knew that I wanted to be a doctor when I grew up. So back to how I met Seolhyun, I was outside waiting for my dad and a girl sat beside me, she started talking to me and I started to reply, as we were getting to know eachother my father came outside. We were about to leave when I gave the girl a small gift. I thought we would never see each other again so I left her with a small gift, but like I said South Korea wanted us dead and North Korea decided to let us live. So I started going to a school near my house and she was there, the same girl I talked to that day. Is now my Seolhyun. 

"Yah are we going or what?" She kept shouting. "Youngbae-ah I'm sorry but you need to stay with me today" my father said. "Appa please she really wants to go out" I said. "I'm sorry Youngbae-ah but you know your duty as a doctor is also important." he replied. "Alright fine. Seolhyun-ah I'm sorry but you know I'm a doctor now so I can't go today, I'm really sorry." I told her. I could tell she was upset, but I knew she understood, after all she is also a doctor. She really wanted me to meet her parents today, but I couldn't. I can't lie, I'm a little dissappointed at my dad, but I knew he was right. The lives of others depends in our hands and we need to be there for them. Now me and my dad are riding our bike to our little medical center. I was suprised to see a lot of patients today, its like they planned to ruin my day, but I can't complain. There was one patient that I was looking at that had a disease that needed proper equipments that we didn't have. But my dad would say to work at a medical centre that has no  proper equipments, you must learn to screen for diseases without any equipments. At first I was not sure what he was saying, so he layed the patient down and took my hand and put it on the patient's chest. He told me to close my eyes and said to remember every medical textbooks I read. I did as I was told, I was able to picture the patient's heart and found out what was wrong with him. I told my dad that he had inflammation on the wall layer of his heart and it needed to be out. My father gave a proud look as if I did something correct and passed me the syringe. I felt for the heart again and placed the syringe there and started to the inflammation out. The patient seemed fine after that and I walked him out, as I walked the patient out my father gave me a bouquet saying its never right to keep a women waiting.

"But what about the patients?" I asked. "Don't worry, I can manage them, there isn't much now, but you should get going." My father said. I got the bouquet from my father and rode my bike to Seolhyun's house. I reached her house. I made it to her door. I knocked on the door, but no one opened. I checked if the door was locked, So I turned the knob and the door opened. I walked in and saw everything was on the ground, "SEOLHYUN!!!!" I shouted, I heard no response, so I ran outside looking for her, I kept shouting her name but I never got a response. I came to a dark alley, I walked through the alley and by then it started to rain. I was shouting her name still. This time I felt someone bump into me. I turned around and saw Seolhyun bloodied and scared. "Seolhyun-ah what happened to you?" I asked. "Sorry Youngbae-ah, my father is an outcast now, we are criminals of this country now," She replied. "What does that have to you? Why are they attacking you, c'mon let's leave this country. Just me and you" I pleaded. "No I dont want you to get in to any trouble for me, or your dad" She said. "Hey listen to me, I know my dad can handle himself, so just leave with me, I would rather die with you, then be seperated from you" I said. As I said that she hugged me and kissed me. As she was kissing me, the nation's army came and tried to take her, I tried to fight them, but I couldn't manage to protect her from 10 guys. I knew I would never see her again, but I couldn't manage to live, without her. I knew noone would help me here, because they were afraid of their leader. So in order to get help I need to escape North Korea, That way I can find people somewhere else to help me.

My phone started to ring, I picked it up, "Hello" I replied. "Youngbae-ah I heard about Seolhyun's father, are you alright?"  He asked. "They took her away dad, They took Seolhyun away" I cried. "Youngbae-ah don't cry, listen to me, come home" He said. "No dad, I'm going to escape from North Korea" I said. "Listen to me, I have a plan to help you, so come home" he said. I replied with a ok. and hung up the phone. I rode my bike home in the rain. I made it home and walked in. My dad was on the phone, and he had a pleased look. After he hung up, he turned to me and told me the plan. I looked at him with a concerned look, as if I hope it works. He said it would work. According to the plan all I had to do was, make the army choose me as the doctor who shows, the equipment dealers at the skills of North Korean doctors. It was a success as the army came to my house and told me to go with them. And then, I showed them my skills as a surgeon, and they were impressed. They wanted to me to join them on their travel to other countries to show them my skills. With that I will be able to escape. But there was a twist. The army wanted me to do one more surgery before I leave. They wanted me to switch two kidneys and if I switch it one of them would die. I didn't want that so I refused. I left the building and was walking outside when I saw the strecher was coming I notcied something similar to Seolhyun. It was the small bracelet I gave to her. I ran back and told the army general that I would do the surgery, I did the surgery and saved Seolhyun and her father. The army was please. I was thankful to god for giving Seolhyun back to me. My dad noticed that the girl was Seolhyun and came to me. He told me that the Equipment dealers are willing to bring Seolhyun with them. I was thankful to them too. So I was on the truck with Seolhyun and the dealers. We were able to leave the country but however something we didn't plan was the army following us. The dealers came with a new plan, and we tried to follow, it. By this time, Seolhyun woke up from her sleep. So it made it easier. We both ran from the embacy and were on the bridge where the army shoots me and Seolhyun. and we were hanging on the bridge, but Seolhyun falls down and lands in the water, but I was rescued by the South Korean army. And I made it to South Korea and was thrown in Jail. So the plan for me to escape North Korea was a success but, I still couldn't live with myself seeing Seolhyun falling down from the bridge and being taken by the North Korean army.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Here is the first chapter,  I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please leave a comment, and I will reply and subscribe if you like it.