Chai

where the clouds dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Seungri opened the door to his room he was met with three different voices all talking at him at once.

 

“Seungri!”

 

“Where were you? Are you okay?”

 

“What happened? Where did you go?”

 

By the looks of it, Dara and Bom had been sitting on his bed while Daesung sat at his desk. Now they were crowded around him with expectant looks on their faces.

 

“Guys, I’m fine,” he said, raising his hands up to show them that he really was okay. Then he grinned. “Actually, I’m more than okay.”

 

Dara eyed him suspiciously and Bom cocked her head to the side.

 

“What do you mean?” Daesung asked. “What happened?”

 

Seungri went to go sit down on his bed and the three of them followed, sitting around him waiting for an answer.

 

“Okay, so when the vampire started running towards us I ran and didn’t really think about where everyone else was going, or even where I was going for that matter,” Seungri said, frowning. “I ended up at some cafe but when I left it was dark and I had no idea where I was.”

 

“And then what?” Dara asked, looking concerned. She scooted closer to him on his bed.

 

The dark-haired trainee paused, grinning widely, “And then I met this guy.”

 

Dara froze but Daesung sighed and shook his head, “Of course you did.”

 

“A guy?” Bom asked, not yet putting the pieces together. “What kind of guy?”

 

Seungri’s gaze fell on the corner of their room, not really staring at anything in particular because his mind was somewhere else. His mind was imagining Kwon Jiyong.

 

“A really cute guy,” he replied, slightly dazed.

 

The red head’s mouth turned into an O shape as the connection was made. Dara, on the other hand, looked more impatient.

 

“So, you met this guy and…?” She asked, making a rolling motion with her hand, asking Seungri to elaborate.

 

Seungri looked back at her, still smiling, “And he walked me all the way home. And I’m seeing him tomorrow.”

 

Daesung covered his face with his hands in disbelief, “Only you, Seungri. Only you could manage to almost get attacked by a vampire and still wind up with a date for the next day.”

 

His dark-haired roommate looked away, a small frown teased at the corners of his lips, “I don’t really think it’s a date…”

 

“Then what is it?” Bom asked, the initial surprise of her epiphany had worn off.

 

“He’s really cute, like really cute and we were almost here and we were talking about what we do and he said he was a barista and so to keep him talking I asked him if he could make chai lattes,” Seungri said.

 

Daesung laughed, but not in a “haha what a funny joke way” but more in a “oh my god he’s such an idiot” way. Seungri felt his cheeks get warmer, he knew it had been a dumb idea.

 

“And I really wanted to see him again so when he said he could make them, I asked him if he could make me one sometime and he said yes,” Seungri finished. “So, it’s not really a date, you know?”

 

This time, Dara joined Daesung in the facepalming.

 

“Seungri, if he wasn’t at least a little bit into you, he wouldn’t have fallen for that terrible excuse to see him again,” Dara tried to explain.

 

The dark-haired trainee jutted out his lip in an offended pout, “Hey, if I didn’t ask then I wouldn’t be seeing him tomorrow, don’t make fun of me!”

 

Bom, who sat next to him, nudged him with her shoulder, “So what does he look like?”

 

She never failed to cheer him up, it was like it was in her nature, “Okay so, he has half and half colored hair. One half is white and the other is black and he apparently has 21 tattoos. I only really got to see the angel wings on the back of his neck really well, but I saw some in between his fingers and on his forearms. And he was wearing this leather jacket that was big on him but somehow it fit him so well? I dunno, but it was a good choice.”

 

Dara lifted one of her eyebrows, “Wow, Seungri. I didn’t take you to be into a guy like that.”

 

Seungri carded his hand through his black hair with a sly smile, “Trust me, I didn’t either but I swear his jawline is a gift from the gods.”

 

“21 tattoos, though? That’s kind of a bit much, don’t you think?” Daesung added in.

 

His roommate just shrugged, “They didn’t seem to be overwhelming. From what I could see they were all kind of small. It’s not like he was covered head to toe.”

 

“So, besides having 21 tattoos and being able to make a chai tea lattes, what else do you know about him?” Dara inquired.

 

Ever since Seungri joined the Academy, she had always been like an older sister to him, constantly looking out for him. Seungri couldn’t count the amount of times she had come to his room with coffee the night before exams or when she would take time out of her day to help him with training and getting certain combat moves down. It was only natural that she was cautious with this too.

 

Seungri squirmed a bit, he wasn’t sure how his friends would react. He had been purposefully avoiding the subject, but maybe Jiyong wasn’t even into him and this could all be meaningless.

 

“Not much else, really,” He tried, attempting to escape further questions.

 

He could tell that Dara wasn’t buying it so he faked a yawn and stretched, “Wow, I’m kind of tired, I should probably go to sleep.”

 

Instead of helping avoid the situation this only made things worse as now Daesung and Bom were also looking at him suspiciously.

 

“Nothing else?” Daesung asked arms crossed in front of him.

 

Seungri smiled weakly, “He uh, may or may not be a vampire?”

 

The reactions he got were mixed. Bom seemed to think that was cool as her face changed into one of awe as she mumbled, “whoa.”

 

Daesung just smiled as if he was expecting this and Dara’s left eye started twitching.

 

“A vampire? Really, Seungri?” She asked in disbelief. “After what happened today of all days?”

 

“He’s really hot Dara, you would understand if you saw him,” Seungri rebuttled. “And he seemed totally normal, definitely wasn’t on X or anything.”

 

“Wait, what’s his name?” Bom asked, completely unphased by Dara’s disapproving looks.

 

“Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong,” Seungri said proudly.

 

“So, when are you seeing him tomorrow?” Daesung asked, smiling warmly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter