minhyuk -- earrings

MONSTA X oneshots (requests are open; currently 7 requests and 10 published oneshots.) LET'S SHOW MONSTA X SOME LOVE JUSEYO

Hyukei had been friends with Minhyuk for a while now. He had informed her about the event that was soon coming up; his band had a fan meeting which would be perfect for her to see him, even if it was from far.

 

Excited about the sudden news, the female started getting ready. As usual, she started by taking a shower. Being done with that simple task, left her long time to be occupied with the hardest task; choosing the ideal clothes.

 

The female ended up choosing a simple white plaid skirt that reached a bit upper than her knees, leaving the exposed to the unusually warmth of the morning. On her upper body, rest a cartoon shirt that Minhyuk claimed to be a pajama he had wanted to buy for long. But it wasn't. It was clearly a shirt to wear casually. Her feet were covered by her favorite vans. She found those comforting to walk with, plus, they were a present from Minhyuk. She wanted to keep them for the longest period of time she could.

 

After taking a look at her phone, she found out she had notifications. Minhyuk notifications to be more specific. Those notifications were no other than messages he had sent her.

 

Through the weirdest texts, she would smile and eventually chuckle at his words. He was indeed a piece; she understood why he owned a special place in her heart. Coming to think of it, she met his band mates before and there was this one that stood out for his looks. He seemed interesting but at the same time, a bit underrated.

 

The female opened up the snapchat application she had recently installed to find yet another message from Minhyuk. Most of her notifications were either from or about him. This time, there was a male standing behind him as if he was curious. The photo had a small description attached to it: "Better keep your eyes on me." Hyungwon was the reason behind this sudden need of attention from the male but in her point of view, he didn't need to any of those. She was nowhere interested in Hyungwon. Sure he had the looks and was super tall but Minhyuk was... Minhyuk. Which was the reason why she liked him so much.

 

The female calmly had lunch in her house but that peaceful environment didn't last for long as she heard her phone ring. There was yet another Minhyuk notification. He was facetiming the female. She set the phone on the table, against the wall as she picked up the call and let the male to the speaking.

"Hyukei-yah, you're coming, right?" he asked, showing his pale face through the screen. She nodded her head as she kept eating. Minhyuk grinned "Great, I have something to show you!" he cheerfully said before he was interrupted by one of his fellow members, Hyungwon. "Oh? Is that Hyukei?" he casually asked, tilting his head slightly to the side to fit the screen. Minhyuk didn't seem to like to share the spotlight, much less with him who was obviously head over heels for his crush. "You're blocking my light. You're too tall!" Minhyuk argued, simply wanting to move the male out of the way.

Hyukei thought it was cute, the way he was jealous and seeking for her attention. He wanted it all to himself since she was the only one in his eyes anyways. Hyukei pushed her hair to the side and leaned in "Minhyuk, I will have to go now but we will talkin a few, okay? I have some stuff to do." she confessed shyly, knowing she would have to bring something for the boys so they would stop teasing her. Minhyuk's pinkish lips pouted but he nodded his head, waving his hand at the female before he ended the call.

 

Once she was done with her food, she lead her dish to the sink and quickly washed it, to save her from having more work to do when she came home. She needed to have time to herself too and washing the dishes when she was tired was just on the bottom of the list of things she needed to do.

 

Since she knew she had time to spend with the boys after the fan meeting, she found out it would be great to actually give them things they would like rather than food and letters. The female picked up a paper and wrote down one by one what she would be getting the boys. She started with the easier one. Wonho. There was no other thing he'd rather have in his life. Ramen was his life basically so he was already ticked out of the list. Next, she thought about Jooheon. A snapback would be nice. Lucky her to have her best friend working on a clothing store. She often had new shoes and snapbacks. With this, Shownu was too ticked out of the list. She needed to come up with the presents for the rest of the group and the hardest for her was Minhyuk as she still had no clue what to get him.

 

After thinking for awhile, she decided to simply get him something special. She had a pair of earrings she treasured with her life. Not because they were expensive but because they were meaningful. She took a look at the piece of jewelry she had in her hands and nodded her head, deciding it was a good gift. The female found out it would be hard to bring them all different gifts so she decided to simply stick with her initial plan; food. Food was great, especially when she was treating them out anyways. She found out the boys would like it anyways.

 

"I'm leaving, dad." the female warned, heading to the door "Alright, be safe. Ask Mr. Kim to take you there and call me if anything happens." the female laughed and nodded her head, shouting a soft "Okay, see you later" before she exited by the front door.

 

In this moment, she stood inside the car, playing with the earrings she had chosen. She felt like this was a bit risky but she was almost sure the feelings were mutual when it came to the both of them. Or at least Minhyuk made her believe that. Her heartbeat increased as they arrived; she didn't notice the time ticking by so quickly as she was busy playing with the object in her hands.  "Thank you, Mr. Kim!" she thanked the old man who drove her here before she exited her father's car. "Miss Ahn, what time should I pick you up?" "It's alright, tell my father I will walk home with my friends." she answered to her chauffeur before waving at him and making her way to the huge crowd.

 

After the two hours of what seemed like a comedy show to the female, the fan meeting was over. They were bidding their goodbyes to the fans and even allowing themselves to demonstrate just how much hey loved the ones who supported them. Hyukei waited patiently until the staff had helped Monsta X off the stage so she could meet them.

 

"Oh, look who came." Jooheon pointed out, grinning as he was ready to tease Minhyuk about it but Wonho was faster "I bet that's why Minhyuk kept saying his fans so much" Jooheon laughed at the way Wonho had put it but Minhyuk wasn't even paying attention, because of the male who was already walking towards the female he had considered to be his. He glared and walked up to Hyukei and Hyungwon, having the rest of the group to follow him.

 

"Oh, hey guys!" she said relieved since she was feeling a bit too awkward with the taller male beside her "I was asking Hyungwon if you guys would like to join me for dinner..." she said as she looked at Minhyuk who didn't look so happy about the situation. "Eh actually we can't.. " "Are you having ramen?" Wonho stopped Jooheon who smacked his friend's head. "Yeah sure.. If you want... " she answered, rubbing her nape at how Minhyuk was looking at her.

 

"We can't... We can't cause we got... Jooheon needs help with the dance and... Right Hyungwon? " it was just too obvious the fact it was an excuse and Hyungwon didn't seem to want to collaborate with his group. "Nope." he calmly denied their alibi, shrugging his shoulders as he turned to the female. Minhyuk glared at him but he didn't bother to even glare back. Instead, he turned to the female to ask her something but he didn't have time to because Minhyuk pulled her away.

 

She sighed "Thank you..." she thanked the male before she was faced with something she had never seen before; Minhyuk was jealous. Usually he would play around with the situation but Hyungwon was getting way too confident. "We should go for dinner." the female suggested having the male still a bit mad over the situation.

 

Hyukei finally got the courage to talk to him. "I'm here with you..." she started, reaching for her bag to take the earrings. Minhyuk relaxed a bit, watching her quietly. His eyes watched how Hyukei held out a simple black earring for him and kept the other that completed the pair to herself. He was confused with the sudden present.

 

"This was my mom's. And they mean just as much to me as you do..." she confessed shyly, waiting for the male to take it away from her hand. He simply stared at her, which lead the female to feel more embarrassed than she should. "Just take it... " she whined, having his hand brushing against her own as he took the earring away.

 

Her lips curved into a soft smile as the male took the earring from her hand. This lead to a very confused Minhyuk "Does this mean... You like me?" he asked, surprised. Hyukei stared at him surprised for this too; she had been showing off her feelings for him every chance she got since she knew he liked her back. "I thought you know..." "I thought you liked Hyungwon though..." he sighed rather relieved with the sudden announcement. Hyukei laughed and shook her head "So... Are you free for dinner?" "Depends..." "Let's say I'd take you on a date, how's that?" this proposal was just what she was waiting to hear.

 

Hyukei smiled and nodded her head, letting the male know she agreed to their date "Great, I'll pick you up at seven." with that, the male shyly and quickly leaned in and pecked her cheek before running away. Hyukei laughed as she watched him join his group; she knew she would get busy as soon as she got home because she had a date to attend to and she wanted to look nice.