Alive or Not (Season 2)-Chapter 6:Sacrifice

Twice Movies/Dramas Project (feat. other girl group)

Daehyuk entered the house and smiled when he heard Chaeyoung was talking to their baby daughter. He slowly sneaked into the living room while covering his mouth with his hand.

"Aigoo, is our Yoojungie missing daddy?" Chaeyeoung asked in her own baby voice. Yoojung just shrieked and clapped her hand.

"I'm home!" Daehyuk shouted right beside Chaeyoung's ear, surprising the girl which nearly caused her to drop Yoojung.

"YAH! What if I drop Yoojungie?!" Chaeyoung scolded Daehyuk and slapped Daehyuk arm while carrying Yoojung on her other arm.

"I-i-i'm s-s-sorry. I d-d-didn't know you will have such huge reaction." Daehyuk said. Chaeyoung just sighed and gave one last slap on Daehyuk's arm. She couldn't believe that her husband would pulled such a prank on her. 

"You are lucky that my reflex is fast." Chaeyoung glared at Daehyuk who just lifted both off his hands.

"But Yoojungie is enjoying. Look, she is even laughing and clapping her hands." Daehyuk pointed to the happy baby with his mouth and he was right, Yoojung wasn't scare at all and in fact she was just laughing but Chaeyoung continued to glare at Daehyuk.

"You are not going to get it for three months, Kim Daehyuk!" Chaeyoung said as Daehyuk widened his eyes and he suddenly gulped while remembering something important that he needed to tell Chaeyoung.

(A/N Daehyuk POV)

I guess I should told her in case I forgot about it later, wouldn't want the incident of going to mission at the border of South Korea without informing wife happened again.She was dead furious last time and I really didn't want to repeat that punishment again. I glanced at her who was playing with Yoojung.

"Oh, Chaeyoung-ah, I am going to be send to Syria tomorrow." I said and I took a deep breath as I saw she frowned.

"Let's just talk bout this after Yoojungie is asleep." Chaeyoung passed Yoojung to me and stood up, walked to the kitchen. After that, we had our dinner in silent which was abnormal since we talked about a lot of things during our meal time. I guessed Chaeyoung was really angry at me but that was my job. I just glanced at her who was cutting the meat as if she was cutting her enemy, and don't make me mention about her occasionally glaring toward me. She fed Yoojung after that and sent Yoojung to bed while I was sitting in the study room, reading newspaper while sweating like there was a waterfall in my body. My body tensed up when I heard the door was unlocked and I saw Chaeyoung entered the room, locked the door and walked toward me. 

"How long?" She asked and sat right opposite me qith my study table in between us.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean by you don't know?"

"I, well, I mean, General Ji just told me bout this mission involving the States. It can be a few days, a few months, and maybe a few years. I just don't know but I know that the faster I complete the mission, the faster I get to come back." I said and reached out to hold her hand.

"Why you?"

"Because they want the Team Alpha to go." 

"So others will follow you?"

"Yeah."

"But why you? Why Team Alpha? Why not other team?" Chaeyoung looked at me and her eyes were filled with tears, making her eyes so mesmerizing to me. 

"I don't know, Chaeng."

"So are you going?"

"It's an order, and you know how important an order is to me."

"Is it that important until you can just walk away from us?" Chaeyoung just stared at me with tears flowed out from her eyes. I just sighed and tightened my hold on her hand.

"Tell me! Is it that important?! Why every single time, all because of orders from upper level?! Why you must obey them?! Are the upper levels and their order more important than us, your family?!" Chaeyoung retreated her hand and stood up, starting to raise her voice. 

"The States need us." I whispered.

"I need you too, Yoojung need you too." Chaeyoung looked so broken this time and I really wanted to stay but I needed to be cruel for the one last time.

"But for now, I need to do my job as a soldier, Chaeyoung." I said it as gentle as possible. 

"How about your duty as a husband? As a father too? If you are going to be away for ten years, what will happen if Yoojung forget about you? I don't want my child to grow up in a family that is not complete."

"I am not going away for long, Chaeng. I am still going to come back to visit you and Yoojung. But for now, I need to carry out my duty as the country's protector even if it's not my own country."

"Daehyuk, just don't go." Chaeyoung whispered, lowered her head and her hands were trembling.

"I must go, Chaeyoung-ah. You and Yoojung have other soldiers to protect you two but the childrens in Syria need us to protect them. The innocents family need me." I stood up and walked toward the door.

"And I need to do my job. I am a soldier and I need to save the country."

"Who is going to be the one who save me when I am down in the future and you are not around?" Chaeyoung said and I walked away. 

(A/N: Chaeyoung POV)

He just walked away, not even glancing at me for one last time. I wiped my tears as harsh as possible, as if my eyes would been wiped away too. I stood up and walked to his study desk, sitting on his chair. I heard the front door was being opened and our car was being . I had expected that, Daehyuk drove to his friend's house to calm down and also for me to calm down. This happened everytime we fought and it was kinda good for me because it gave us some space and time to think about what went wrong. I leaned back against the chair and sighed, taking a few deep breathe and sat straight back. 

I reached out to touch the family photo of three of us just a few days ago, when Yoojung was one month old. Beside that photo was a photo of three of us when Yoojung was just being born, and there was the photo when I was nine months pregnant and the list went on. He had each and every photo that being taken during the important days of our life. I just slowly touched it and stared at his cheerful face in each of the photos. Maybe I was being too selfish for getting mad and sad at this kind of things. He was just doing his own job and me, was being a brat; which might be due to my fear of him not being able to participate in Yoojung's growth. I was scared that he would miss every single things by being away for too long. But still, I was the one at fault here by not being considerate enough. He was still coming back during break, visit me and Yoojung. 

I tried to convince myself like that, over and over again, thinking that he would come back after a few months, maybe right before Yoojung learned how to walk.I took out my phone and sent an apology message to him, and asked him to be careful since he might be going to report for duty early in the morning. I walked back to our room and lay doww, slowly drifting to sleep while praying hard that he would just went away for a few days or for one month.

(A/N: Daehyuk POV)

I reached the base the earliest along with Yul hyung since I went to his house yesterday night.He was kind enough to let me in and stayed for a night.

"It's not like I have a choice." Yul hyung smirked and being smacked by Yongsun noona. I saw how Yongsun noona stared at him when both of us were leaving the house just now, the longing feeling and the feeling of wanting him to come back safely and I was jealous, to be honest, I was so jealous because that was how I wanted Chaeyoung to see me off this time. I did receive her message and I sent back my own apologies too. I was stupid and inconsiderate for not thinking about the hardship she would had face without me by her side. Yul told me that Yongsun noona was the same as Chaeyoung too, when Yuna was borned and she was even worse than Chaeyoung. Yongsun noona didn't even talk to him after he came back from the mission and it took him one whole month to make Yongsun noona forgave him. Yul hyung told me that as a newborn mother, especially its their first child, mothers tended to be nervous and overthinking but that was all because they wanted the best for their child and I should be considerate about that. I just remained silent and scolding myself in my mind. Chaeyoung suffered a lot when she was pregnant with Yoojung and then she was the one that suffered too when gave birth to Yoojung while I was doing nothing and I kept on thinking that she was not considerate at all when in fact, I was the selfish one in our relationship.

"Hey, not going to give her a call?" Minato hyung appeared beside me and gently nudged me. I looked at my phone and nodded my head.

"I am going to give a call, ask Yul hyung and Amber hyung to make sure everything is set to go." I walked away with Minao waved his hand lazily. I went to dial a certain set of numbers that I had in my mind for a long time.

"Hey, it's me, and I am busy taking care of the little prankster Kim Yoojung so please leave a message then!" As expected, she was asleep and didn't hear her phone rang.

"Yeobo, it's me. I am boarding the plane now and I think I won't be able to call you for a long time so please take care of yourself and our Yoojungie, okay? Of course, I will take care of myself too." I took a deep breathe and smiled.

"I'm sorry for leaving you such a burden and being so selfish. Please forgive me and wait for me to be back. I will be back for you and Yoojungie. Bye. I love you." I ended the call and turned off my phone.

"Cap! Everything is good to go." I turned around and saw Amber hyung was giving me a thumb up and I nodded my head.

"Captain Kim Daehyuk, reporting to duty to Syria, assisting the States." I saluted and looked at Kyungwan hyung who was supposed to be there to send us off since General Ji was busy.

"Major Son Kyungwan giving you permission to go now. Come back safely." He saluted back and I turned around, walked away, boarding the plane. I turned back and glanced at Kyungwan hyung again. Kyungwan hyung just nodded his head and I nodded back, boarding the plane, finding a place to sit and looked out the window, slowly seeing how Kyungwan hyung become smaller and smaller until I couldn't even see him anymore. I was supposed to be use to this parting since I was used to being sent to other country but why, just why I felt like my heart was a tonne of metal right now? My heart was so heavy that I couldn't breathe , especially when I thought of the two in my home. 

"Cap, are you okay?" Tzuwei asked and I nodded my head. I should focused on my mission now. I was going to catch all of them this time, I was determined to do so.

We were undergo training for two months and also being briefed by the people in charge there. I wrote to Chaeyoung and she wrote back too, sending some photos to me at the same time. I did called her when I was free and we talked about a lot of things. How Yoojung spitted on Chaeyoung.and how Yuna noona and Minggi hyung came to play with Yoojung; and I did told Yul hyung that his first unrequitted love was pregnant which he just replied with a shrug. 

"Cap, it's time." Amber hyung entered my tent and I folded my letter and put them in my diary. I put my diary in my locker and followed Amber hyung. We met up with Team Beta, being led by Colonel Kwon Minggi since Captain Seo Yukyoung, the younger brother of Seo Yuna was not able to carry out the mission by himself due to his health condition and also his possesive wife, Kim Chanmi.

"Captain Kim Daehyuk reporting for duty, sir." I saluted at Colonel Kwon as he smiled that perfect eyesmiles of his that could melted millions and millions of heart.

"Just relax, captain. You know that I am here to follow your order, not you following mine." Minggi hyung smiled as I just nodded my head.

"I thought you won't be here, hyung." I said as both of us walked toward the truck.

"I am only being here because of a certain Bridagier General Shin kept on bothering me about this." He sighed.

"Jimin hyung bothered you about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, just because Choa noona kept on bothering him because of Hyukjung kept on bothering Choa noona because of Seolhyun who kept on bothering Hyukjung and Seolhyun was beig bothered by her own sister who was Chanmi. You know how weak Hyukjung is to his own wife." Minggi hyung sighed as I nodded my head.

"Hyung, if you are in an idol group, you can become the rapper." I joked as he sighed again.

"Let's just finish the mission as fast as possible then." I said as he smiled again. 

"Yeah, Yuna is still not getting use to the morning sickness and her mental was weak so I need to be there for her." Both of us got on the truck. Today was the day, where we would attacked the place where we believed that it was the base of the terrorists. I put on my gear and got on a truck and we started to move toward the direction of the base was. 

"After we finish this today, we can go back to our family." I said and stared at the people in front of me. 

"Yeah, who knows that the informant that we have is so cooperative." Minggi hyung said. All of us just talked to each other and even Yul hyung was teaching Minggi hyung some tips of being a supportive husband when wife was pregnant. I turned around and looked outside the window, thinking back the bad times I had been in this place. The ride stopped and Minggi hyung looked at me. 

"Everyone, now is the time. Remember our mission and don't harm any innocent being." I said.

"Unless they have a bomb on themselves or they shoot you. Even if he or she is a child, as long as they work under the terrorists, try to catch them; or kill them if you have to but I hope that it won't come down to this." Minggi hyung said.

"Yes, Colonel Kwon." All of us saluted as I gestured my hand.

"At the count of three. One, two, three!" All ten of us rushed out from the truck, along with the other soldiers from the State. All of us rushed into the abandoned mansion in the middle of the dessert, dodging the bullets being fired from the terrorists. 

"Chipmunk speaking, we might have a situation here, sir." Yul hyung's voice can be heard from my earpiece.

"Wolf speaking, what kind of situation?" I asked.

"Llama speaking, we might need to save some hostage, sir." Amber hyung said.

"White Tiger speaking, should we change our mission?" Minggi hyung asked. 

"Wolf speaking, now getting permission from the States. Yes, we should save the hostage too." I said and we continued to fight through the bullets.We split into two groups, with Team Alpha covering Team Beta as Team Beta went to save the hostages. I was covering Colonel Kwon Minggi and we managed to save one hostage who was a boy with the age of six. The boy kept on pushed us away, talking some language that we didn't understand. Minggi hyung wanted to carry him but the boy just pushed Minggi hyung away and shook his head. 

"Llama speaking, the hostage here refuse to be safe."

"Girrafe speaking, same situation here." Yul hyung and Minato were having the same situation. I glanced toward Minggi hyung who was still persuading the child to follow us and I saw something blinking on the chest of the child.

"Sir, please wait for a moment." I quickly pulled both Minggi hyung and the child to the back of a truck that was closest to us, to act as a barrier. Minggi hyung covered me as I opened the shirt of the boy. I gritted my teeth and tightened my fists.

"Wolf speaking, open the hostage's shirt."

"But sir-"

"Now, lieutenant!" I half shouted and I could heard gasped and curses came from my team. 

"Holy ! What the fcuk!" Minggi hyung turned around and saw what I found out. The terrorists had put a bomb on the hostages who were all young childrens. I tried to calm the child by gesturing to him that I would save him by disarming the bomb. The child just nodded his head and sat down, being still, which was easy for me to disarm the bomb. 

"Wolf speaking, Team Alpha, disarm the bomb. Team Beta, cover Team Alpha." I said and started to find a way to disarm the bomb. After thirty seconds, I finally found the wire to cut and was able to disarm the bomb. I quickly took off the bomb of the child and asked Minggi hyung to carry him while both of us ran back to the helicopter that was being flying in the sky, ready to get us anytime we wanted. As both of us ran, I glanced and saw a terrorist was aiming his gun at the child and he fired his rifle. I quickly ran and pushed Minggi hyung away, causing me being shot in my leg. 

"Urgh." I kneeled down.

"Captain Kim!"

"Run, sir!"

"But you-"

"Don't forget our mission, sir! Save the hostage!" I shouted back and stood back up with all of my force. Minggi hyung just nodded his head with a grim expression and kept on running while I ran and limping all the way but still able to shoot down a few terrorist. I saw the boy's face was still in panic as he was staring at me. He then pointed to the sky and made an explosion gesture. N-n-no way, not that. All of us gathered in one spot, as there were five children in between us. The backup forces were covering us. I kneeled down and took off all the clothes on all five children again.

"Sir!" Tzuwei shouted as I frowned and took out a round button on the underpants of all children.

"Not the missile!" Yul hyung groaned as I nodded my head. I looked at my team and Minggi hyung's team and sighed, saluted and took all those buttons. The helicopter had finally lowered down to a certain height and threw a rope down, my team let the other team got on the helicopter. 

"Faster come up now!" Minggi hyung shouted and I just smiled at him. All five of us just saluted at Minggi hyung and shook our head. All five of us started to run away from the helicopter, of course with Yul hyung and Amber hyung carried me. We got on one truck and Minato started to drive away, after two minutes and we made sure we were far away, Minato stopped the car and we chuckled. We looked at each other and saluted with a huge smile on our face.

"Yah! You all are underestimating me if you all think that I can't outrun a car." All of us turned around and smiled.

"We are sorry, Colonel!"

(A/N: Author POV)

It had been a good one month since the last time Chaeyoung receive letter from Daehyuk and she was just thinking perhaps her husband was busy in training. She was also busy taking care of Yoojung who had become quite active despite being a four month old baby; and Chaeyoung blamed Daehyuk for that. Now she had Yuna, Sana, Yongsun, Jihyo and Krystal gathered at her house, finally able to relax after being so hectic this whole morning. They were talking about a lot of things and suddenly the doorbell rang. Chaeyoung went to get the door and smiled when she saw those familiar faces.

"Oh, Jimin oppa, Hyukjung oppa, Sowoon oppa, Dino, Yuta oppa and  Nakyeon oppa, come in."Chaeyoung gestured them to get in the house and she never noticed the grim expressions on their face. 

"Oh, why are you all here?" Yuna asked as she realized all of them were wearing their soldier uniform. All of them suddenly bowed and reached out their hand at the same time, opened their fists at the same time and there were six dogtags on each of their hand. 

"We are sorry to tell you that, Colonel Kwon Minggi/ First Lieutenant Moon Yul/First Lieutenant Amber Liu/First Sergeant Major Zhou Tzuwei/First Sergeant Myoui Minato/Captain Kim Daehyuk had proudly sacrifice themselves in the recent war." 

 

 

A/N: That's a wrap for this chapter and yes, the next chapter will be the last chaper if you all are familiar with my style of writing and sorry for delaying this chapter for so long because I am having writer block.

So yeah, Kwon Minggi - Kwon Mina

Hyukjung- Hyejeong

Jimin- AOA Jimin

Yukyung- Seo Youkyung

Sowoon - Gfriend Sowon

Nakyeon- IOI Im Nayoung

Yoojung - IOI Yoojung and not the Kim Yoojung ( but I am a fans of her drama)

So hope you guys like this and please do subscribe and comments. Thanks a lot!