Chapter 1

MR UGLY?!

        “Yah Lee Kwangsoo!! Will you wake up now or you’ll be late to school on your first day?”, Mrs Lee shout from the kitchen. 3 minutes pass and still no answer from him. “Aish, this kid! Still can’t wake up on his own. Already 31 years old but act like 4 years old kid”, she said while folding her shirt and walks upstairs. “Yah! Wake up or I will get a buskin of water and throw it to you”, Mr Lee  poking his waist. “Omma! Why? Don’t disturb me!”, Kwangsoo said while push his mom hands away. “Lee Kwangsoo! You will be late. Did you forget or what?” she said again. Finally Kwangsoo realize that today is his first day at the new school. He open his yes and hurriedly stand up, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier. Aaahh I will be late!!!!!!”. He get his towel and run into the bathroom. “Pffttt, I scram like a crazy people from downstair and you said I didn’t tell you earlier? Omo!”, Mrs Lee said and walks out from Kwangsoo bedroom. Kwangsoo and Mrs Lee are the only family member who lives in this house since his father died 3 years ago. Kwangsoo have an older brother but he stayed abroad since he were married. In holidays, his brother will brought his family to visit them in Korea.

                                                            

        After 5 minutes, Kwangsoo already done showering himself and walks out from the bathroom with his towel around his waist.  He choose pink colour of shirt and red tie and starting to wear them, he comb his hair and put some gel on it, then he sprays one of his favourite perfume around his body and he did all this thing only in 5 minutes. After take a look at the mirror, he grabs his bag and run downstair. “Omo!!! Lee Kwangsoo! Are you planning to make your student faint on your first day at school!”, Mrs Lee screams. “Why omma? Am I to good looking?”, Kwangsoo whispered to his mom ear. She hit his chest, “You kidding me? Look at yourself. You don’t wear your pants how come you are very good looking?”, she laugh. He looks at his leg and found himself just wearing the towel. How can he forget to wear his pants. He cup his mouth “Oh o omma, I am sorry” and run upstairs then hurriedly run downstairs with pants. “I have to go now omma or I will be late” Kwangsoo said while kiss his mom check. “Wait, I pack some food for you. Eat it in lunch time”, Mrs Lee give th plastic bag to him. H just look at the bag and hesitate to take the bag “I’m not a child anymore omma. Why I have to eat that when I have my own money now? I can buy lunch by my own money”. “Just take it. Don’t waste your money. Why? You still a child on my eyes”, she take Kwangsoo hands and hand him the bag. He sigh “Okay then, I will be going”. He walks out from his house and enter his car.

 

       When he arrives at the traffic light before he arrive at his new school, the traffic light turn green but there is a girl who walks slowly like she doesn’t care about other person in the car who waiting for her to cross the road. He get annoyed by the girl and roll down his car mirror and poke his head out. “Excuse me, can you walk a little bit faster because I am late right now. You are really wasting my time”, he said. The girl who is wearing a blue black school uniform just stare at him and stop in front of his car. People at the back starting to honking their car. “Does my face show that I am care about you? Just shut up. Who cares you are being late”, she just rolled her eyes and cross the road. Kwangsoo just shake his head “Kid nowadays don’t know how to polite at old people, tsk tsk”, and drive away. On othr hand, Miyong just stare at the car “Tsk, he blame me because he are late? Huh, people nowadays always have so many reasons in their life”. She looks at her watch, uh just 6 more minutes before the school gate close. She run fastly until she arrived at school just on time.

 

     Lee Kwang Soo arrived at the school 3 minutes before the bell ring. Just on time, he feel relief. He take his bag and his lunch bag and walk into the school. The new school who he is not familiar with. He doesn’t know the direction to the principal room either. This school is 3 times bigger than his past school which is mean this school one of the richer school in Korea. Maybe all of student here are from richest family, lucky them. Then, a young lady walk past him, “Excuse me? “. She stop and turn back, “Yes? May I help you?”. “Umm, I am new teacher here so I don’t know where the principal room is”, Kwangsoo said shyly. “New teacher?”, she poke her head. “Oh. You must be Lee Kwangsoo-shi”, she snapped her finger. Kwangsoo shyly nodded his head. She looks at Kwangsoo from head to toe, “How can you be this tall? Omo!”. Kwangsoo shyly reply” Its come from my late father”. She nodded her head, “Okay, you can follow me then”. “Thank you”, he bowed to her. He just follow behind her until she stop, “This is the principal rooms. Just knock the door okay? Btw, I am Choi Sina. Nice to meet you”.  They shake hands together, “Nice to meet you to Saera-shi”. “Okay, I’ve got to go. I have to do some works”, Sina said and walk away. “Thank you again”, he bowed.

 

             After she left, Kwangsoo knock the door right away before someone inside ask him to come in. He open the door and “Kwangsoo-ahhhhh!!!!! Hahaha”, Jongkook spread his arms for hug. “Hyung!!!!!!!!”, Kwangsoo hug him. “Long time no see man. How are you?”, Jongkook ask after they sit on the couch. “Like what you see now. I am just fine”, he can’t hold his smile. Jongkook is originally Kwangsoo cousin. After her aunt pass away, her uncle get married with her new wife and Jongkook born. Kwangsoo and Jongkook know each other since child. They really look like a true bestfriend.  They went into the same high school and they split because Jongkook decided to study abroad. A few years ago, he went back to Korea and build this high school on his own and become the principal. He get the information from another school that Kwangsoo also successfully became a teacher and he get the permission from the school to transferred Kwangsoo into his school.  “Thank you for coming into my school”, Jongkook patted Kwangsoo back. “It is okay hyung. You’re my best hyung ever”, Kwangsoo said while is eyes look around his office. “Whooaaa hyung, you have a nice office dude. You are really working hard don’t you?”, Kwangsoo ask. “Thank you, this all because of my effort. I have a dream to become a principal”, Jongkook just smile. Kwangsoo nodded, “I know it. Urm hyung, can we keep our relationship secret?”. “Why?”, Jongkook asked. “I don’t want they being nice to me just because I am your cousin” he reply. Jongkook nodded, he understand Kwangsoo well. “Okay, but if you have problem or if you need anything, just find me”, Jongkook said.