end

Secrets

It's not a secret that everyone in their dorm, every one, absolutely no exceptions, even the forever lethargic sloth of a demon , Yoongi, has a crush on Kim Seokjin. (They are positive the guy has a crush on himself, too.)

It's easy to see why he deserves the affection, though. He is literally perfect in every ing way imaginable.

The way he gracefully  moves around in the kitchen like there he was born and raised, cooking them the perfect meal to relax themselves after a day of gruesome practice, even if he was also dead tired himself with how his limbs were shaking and his sleepy nods while in the middle of frying were anything to come by. (Namjoon said he needed to rest. Jin just gently brushed him off while saying, "Seeing you guys eat healthily and peacefully is enough for me.")

The way his voice was stern but with a hint of affection when the others have themselves in minor accidents. He will scold them but treat them with so much genuine care, after.

The hiccuped laughters he lets out that sounds like squeaking or wiping on glass. Even if it was because of something like Yoongi making fun of how ugly Rapmon's fashion taste is. (Namjoon doesn't seem to mind)

Oh, and don't get me started with his face.

The way his nose cutely scrunches in disgust with Taehyung and Jimin's antics. How his eyes sparkle at seeing something he loves (most often than not food). The way he creases his eyebrows and puts an unconcious pout on his plump lips whenever he doesn't get the dance right. The way he smirks, lopsided, showing his signature (smug) confident face. Oh, and how everyone loved the wrinkles and softness of his cheeks whenever he grins. He is just so lovely in all the right places, angels must've cried when he was born.

The first time Hoseok saw him smile, he almost cried. The way his perfectly curved lips moved to form the most beautiful treasure known to man and the way his brows creased to show the worry he had when he received their reactions was just so ethereal. (Namjoon choked. Jimin actually sobbed.)

It was also not a secret that a certain alien caught said holiness' affection. Hoseok bites his lip bitterly at the thought. Each one of them glared daggers at Taehyung and thought of the most gruesome ways of torture when the news that they are dating broke out within their group. (Said alien just showed them his sincere and overly endearing rectangular smile. The massive amounts of happiness he radiates when he holds Jin and cuddles with him was just too much.)

It wasn't a secret Jungkook chewed on his lips until it occassionally bleeds, an unconcious habit which manifests whenever he feels weird, or something of a new feeling. (For example, the thick aura of jealousy that surrounded him, it made him very unapproachable for days). Jimin, being the (only) kind hyung who loved the maknae the most, became worried and gave him a 'pack of oreos to chew on'. They didn't really expect Kookie to really chew on the pack itself.

It wasn't a secret Hoseok ignored Taehyung for days, too. Even, Namjoon became a bit snappy and sassed the alien's jokes. Yoongi remained indifferent as always, but you could tell from his microscopic pout that he's upset,too.

--

The thick silence stayed for days.

It was their day off. The television made a noiseless, inanimate tune. Jimin and Namjoon laid down in the sofa, the older one aimlessly changing the channels for some show that will be even a bit interesting. Hoseok joined them after finding nothing that will pique his attention in his room nor the internet. He sat on the floor, leaning into Jimin's thighs for a pillow.

Yoongi just came back from the studio. He looked tired as he took off his shoes and entered the living room. At the same time, Seokjin came from the kitchen and stood beside the couch.

Jin may be the densest element in the whole wide world, but he surprisingly noticed the glum air and sad silence that hung in their dorm.

"Is there something wrong?" he said in a barely audible whisper, as if afraid to shatter the melancholic balance that resided in them for the past days. He sounded scared.

And so sad.

Namjoon gasped and dropped the remote control he had in his hands. Jimin fidgeted in his seat, head hung low. Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. Jin's voice just sent everyone in the room at an edge. Hoseok looked down at his crossed legs, and frowned, feeling the bitter guilt wash over him. He shouldn't have ignored his friend like that. It's not like it was Taehyung's fault he fell for Jin.

He gulps.

And it's not like he deserved Seokjin more than the precious kid. 

He wanted to say sorry, he really did, so he lifted his head to face Jin and his eyes widened and now he regrets doing so very much.

The rest of them looked at the tall man and widened their eyes, too.

Because his hyung looked like he wanted to cry but was trying his best to hold it all back. His face showing his really really false accusation: it was me, wasn't it.

They all stopped breathing and stared at the form that was now trembling and on the verge of tears and oh god no

If there was anything that they will do anything for to not just happen, it was to have Jin cry.

Jimin looked like he wanted to bawl too.

They all made a mental note to say sorry to Taehyung, later.

--

It seemed like Jungkook was the first one who made up with Taehyung, seeing that when they loudly entered the scene with the maknae crying from laughter and the brown-haired with boxy smiles was dying, too.

They both halted when they noticed the weird aura around the room. Seokjin then scurried towards his room, sniffling.

The raven boy tilted his head to the side and glanced at everyone left around the room. Yoongi shrugged.

Taehyung immediately went straight to knock on his lover's door, gently telling, "Hyung, let me in."

The door opened followed by Taehyung entering. Then, there was a click and the door was closed.

"what the ."

"Language, Jungkook."

--

They all pretty much became less distant and were actually getting livelier and livelier around each other. The gloom was slowly dissipating as Hoseok and Jimin jokingly dissed Yoongi's dance performances. Taehyung's deep but loud laughter joined in and now, Seokjin's small chuckles can be heard.

(They all apologized to Taehyung in their own ways. The alien hugged each of them and only showed them his signature box smiles.)

And they all did pretty okay in coping with the couple. They all got over it and promised to not let that kind of sadness grace them over again. They were in a comfortable peace.

Eveything will be okay, Hoseok thinks, I'll be okay.

Until it happened.

--

It was during the filming of End Plate King Episode 6.

When Namjoon opened the container to reveal the text Frozen Flower, Hoseok already has this weird feeling in the pit of his stomach.

When they flipped the cards to show that he was to receive it, the feeling was so strong he wanted to puke.

When Yoongi said that there should be another member, he wanted to faint but he needs to keep it cool for the show.

He wished he really did faint, though, when Jimin counted and revealed Taehyung would be his partner.

Of all people.

Yoongi was so hyper as he was putting on lipstick. He was talkative and really too eager for Hoseok to have hell.

He heard a nervous laugh to his lower right and all of the other members were giggling and jumping.

Why me, he asks himself.

As they face each other, Hoseok noticed that Taehyung was looking at something on his right but then immediately looked away and at his lips. He felt the younger boy's trembling cold hands around his neck, which was an obvious contrast with Yoongi's warmer ones. Why the was the spawn of satan's hands even at his nape in the first place?

He tried laughing a really ridiculous laugh (only a nervous one came out) to at least help the nerves of the man in front of him. It helped a bit, as he started laughing too and faced down to compose himself. Their faces started to get closer towards each other.

Yeah, yeah. I can do this.

Why the hell is Suga hyung having so much fun from this.

He heard another nervous laugh from his right direction and that's when his eyes widened of realization because holy --

He quickly glanced to the source of the chuckle to see his Jin hyung with a smile that looks amused to anyone who doesn't know better but he does and it came out as forced.

He wanted to scream for it to stop but it was already too late as both of their faces went dangerously closer and someone was forcing them together until their lips finally touched.

Everyone screamed and laughed and squealed and Hoseok ran while Taehyung flew kicks in the air. He saw Seokjin's back facing away from the cameras. The elder was trembling and from where he ran into, he could see the gritting of teeth and deep furrowing of his hyung's brows as he breathes to collect himself. Jin finally turned around after a few inhales and faced the others, laughing with them once more.

Yoongi was so dead.

--

The ride home was silent.

When they arrived, Jin ignored them and quietly strode straight to his room and gently closed the door. All of them heard a few stumbling noises and two small curses thrown to nowhere. Taehyung immediately followed after him.

--

Seokjin became so cold after the cameras were put away. The other members only then realized what was wrong.

Taehyung pursed his lips in a thin line when the eldest volunteered to sit at the back of the van, away from his usual seat beside him. He was forced to sit next to Yoongi instead.

The trip home was tense and mute. The maknae surprisingly tried to crack jokes or mention peculiar stories to Jin but said guy only nodded or smiled a small smile that doesn't reach his pretty eyes. Sometimes he would chuckle and ruffle Jungkook's hair but that was it and the younger grew tired of attempting to alleviate the atmosphere.

And now, they all sluggishly entered their rooms. Namjoon patted Hoseok's back symphatetically because they all knew he was the one who will suffer the most.

He gulped his saliva when he sees Seokjin's boyfriend leave the room with a defeated look and a sigh passing through his lips. Yoongi walked towards the boy and he just shook his head.

"He told me to get out."

Whatever things he said back then about forever being filled and source of hope was proven because at that moment, he only felt despair engulfing his heart.

He was distracted from the depressing thoughts when Jimin insistently forced him towards his bedroom. "Rest, hyung. You need it." he gently coaxes and went inside first.

He didn't budge but instead, he ran towards Jin's room.

He closed the door and Seokjin, sitting on his bed, was surprised to see him immediately kneeling in front of him.

"I'm so sorry, hyung."

"I am really so sorry. I was so stupid. I'm just- I just.. I really didn't mean to. I never--" he stopped when the elder cupped his face.

"Shhhh..." he gently thumbed over his cheeks, "It's okay. It's okay. I understand." he coos.

"No, It's not okay. It never was, hyung. Please, just please." he was growing frustrated, either for himself for being a or because his hyung wouldn't get angry at him for it, maybe both.    "Please,"

"Please what?"

"I don't know... get mad? Please get angry at me." he begged.

Seokjin sighs, "I'm trying to be understanding and unselfish here and forget all these, Hoseok. You aren't helping." his voice was laced with something akin to exasparation.

"I don't care about that Jin. Please."

The eldest bit his lip and went still for a moment. Hoseok wanted to rip his hair out and scream.

"Then can I be selfish for once..?"

"Yes, hyung just do--"

His words died when he felt a pair of soft, plump lips against his own, pecking him. Seokjin backed away.

"I'll be taking Taehyung's kiss back, then."

He stared at the handsome man, dumbfounded and at a loss for words.

"You can go now." the elder shoos him and he blankly followed and left the room, gently closing the door.

He stood still, then he dropped to the floor and hugged his knees.

Kim Seokjin, the ever angelic and perfect hyung, the most beautiful human to exist, the one with the most ethereal smile

would only kiss him for the sake of Kim Taehyung's lips.

He slid his hands on his face.

It was his secret, while everyone admitted to have worked on and moved on with their eldest, he still insistently, hopelessly fell even more for him.

And after he saw the small content smile Jin showed after he kissed him,

Hoseok finally cried.