Turn Over

Inexorable Sentiments

 

8309fc9bcbfeab57a120b2cd9a7156d1.jpg

Lee Taemin / 23 / Head Server / Passionate / Prankster / The Old Man / Photographer






Chapter 1. Turn Over

People trusts. People loves. People care. People come. That is until ... People leave. People hates. People changes. People go. Life is more than just a rollercoaster ride, a movie that lasts for an hour or two, a show with uncertain amount of seasons, a photo conveying a thousand of words, or a song depicting a galaxy of feelings. Life is simply an intricate masterpiece each individuals owns, a color book everyone uses... Life is each and one of us. 

Perhaps, it's the reason why I was scared. Scared of growing up, understanding and living on my own. Yet, I pursued my fear and here I am... clutching this bass on the neck, walking out of the rehearsal room, hearing them call out my name, but not their footsteps. 

People trusts. People loves. People care. People come... 

People leave. People hates. People changes. People go... 

I'm one of those people now... I certainly know the reason I have been scared. 


But the days continues to turn over and over, repeating itself without a care in the world about the crisis I am in. I have lost my identity, yet the days turn over. I look upon everything else beyond my dull bedroom and found all the things I used to love. I look up at the ceiling, and found nothing but my feelings reflected. I close my eyes and imagined the spring blossoms nearby. "Dreams do come true, while some burn to hell." 

It's time to carry on and pursue another dream. 

-----

1 Month Later 

-----

Brian works as server at a retirement home facility. He finally has stabilize himself and is pretty proud of the outcome. From time to time, his old friends would contact him or try to at least visit him, but he refuses to see the people that have hurt him. He cannot bear it. He's been working full-time and chooses to never have a time for anything. He has hidden his musical instrument at a separate room. 

"Morning," Minah greeted him, enthusiastically. Apparently, this young one has a legit crush on him, according to the boys. He's alright with it but not dare to reciprocate it. She's too young. 

"Hey, you got to give her a chance now~" Kai teased while playing with his girlfriend, Krystal's hand. Brian snickers in response. 

"She's only 18 and I'm basically turning 23 sometime this year," Brian added, earning him a laugh from the couple. 

"So? 4 years younger~ She's legal~" Krystal teased too. Brian just shake his head and continue to examine the residences can-and-cannot eat plus their names. He's only been working at the place for a month and he still have quite a long way to serve and memorize the residences name. 

Just then JB slides next to him and peeks through, "So? How we doin with the names?" Brian chuckles and says, "still a bit bad." JB laughs as well and pats his hyung's back, "It's okay. It took me three months to be a server and pretty much know everyone's name." 

"Y'see girls have it easy when it comes to this sort of things because their memories are more developed," Kai adds in. Taemin walks in with a bunch of hamburgers and French fries and they all cheer with the exception of Krystal and Brian. Minah walks in, squealing. "Alright, everyone chill. Y'all have eaten before, let's not act like pigs and go crazier than them," Taemin commented. 

Brian puts the lists down and grabs his own burger and digs in. They start to talk about the random-est things. This group of people sort of reminds him of his old friends. He does miss them a bit but he shouldn't though he cannot help it. These people are as loud as them, goofy as them but he cannot simply compare them to his Little Chicken's weirdness. That boy is out of this world. He laughs at the thought and these people turns their attention to him. 

He stops himself and innocently bites on his hamburger. "Hey, Brian... We don't really know anything about you. So shoot," Taemin demands. 

Brian swallows and says, "What would you like to know?" His heart starts to pound fast and hard. He can feel his heart crack a bit. They all look at each other and then each one of them asks him questions: 

Kai asks, "Do you have a girlfriend?" 

Brian laughs, "No. I certainly don't and never had." They all have their mouth drop open. 

"Okay, okay, okay," Krystal brushes off the topic and asks him question, "What do you do outside of this place?"

Taemin butts in, "Do you dance?" 

JB comes in, "Do you sing?"

Minah chimes in, "Do you play any instruments?"

"Are you artistic? Cuz you seem like you are," Kai finishes. 

Brian simply gapes at them.  In his head he answers them with a YES, YES, YES, AND YES. But he just laughs and shake his head as a no, "I don't really sing well and not so good with instruments either, I can dabble on a guitar for quite a bit. Dancing? Please, the best move I can own is probably a wave. I like to consider my own little finger painting the start of my creative works." They all laugh at him.

It's not like he was lying ... he was basically being humble and modest. Plus, a little indirect. 

"Really? You look like one of us, 'idol look alike' is what they call us from time to time, or ulzzangs but more natural," Minah says with a smile. "Oppa is very handsome," she blushed. Brian slightly smiles at her. 

They all sit in a circle, "so... what do you want to be when you grow up?" 

Brian think about it for a minute. He was everything he wanted to be before... His dream already came true... What went wrong actually? He knew what went wrong and his face obviously drops. All of them starts to pay good attention after the sudden dull expression on his face. He looks at them and simply says, "I .. don't know anymore." They was a bit of silence and Brian notices the drop in the atmosphere so he awkwardly laughs and adds, "I guess I'm going through an identity crisis once again ... in puberty."

His co-workers play along and let the day go by.

----

At the end of the day, Brian checks the renewed schedule for August. He notices a new name underneath the weekends schedule. Taemin, the head server, slides in next to him and gasps, "Oh my god." Taemin and Brian are the only ones left so Brian looks at him quizzically and weirdly too. Taemin glances at Brian and laughs a bit, "Sorry. It has been a month since we've seen Ja Myu. She went on vacation." Brian nods. "Great! We really need her during the weekends because she's the most capable one. And she can help you and Minah get use to serving and whatnot. She's good at teaching." Brian nods again and just listens, writing down his schedule on his small calendar notebook. Taemin laughs again, "You sure don't talk much."

Brian bows with a small laugh and puts his stuff away, "sorry... I just don't know what to say. I have never met her."

Taemin pats him on the back, "it's fine. She's cool and chill. And easy to get along with so beware of that." Brian just nods, totally dismissing it. On their way out, Taemin hands him a piece of card and tells him lastly before separating ways, "You should totally see this. It might inspire your finger painting creative works." Brian laughs and glances at the card:

J DoT Gallery & Portfolios 
August 30, 2016 
Tuesday 6PM-9PM

 







Thank you all very much for subscribing and supporting this song! I hope you like this chapter. I know I started off a little too personal or melodramatic, but I hope it gave off something in your feels for you! 

Thank you very much! And Please do give me a feedback and look forward to the next CHAPTER!