Warmth (Chapter Two)

Polo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jean let out a happy sigh, glad that Marco was finally asleep. A smile spread across his face as he carefully played with Marco's hair, it was really soft, especially for a guy. 

 

Eren groaned. "I'm going to ing burn in this sun!" He complained loudly, or atleast, loud enough for mikasa to hear. She walked over from her job or cleaning the gear, taking off her jacket and laying it on Eren's head. "There." She said simply. Eren went back to cleaning the balance trainer, trying his best to shimmy his was up it to clean the top. 

"All trainees file in!" The commander shouted loud and clear. Loud enough that it sadly woke up Marco, who happily stretched and sat up, causing Jean to fall off the bed in a huff of annoyance. "Damn" Jean cursed, groaning and getting to his feet. They both jogged to the meeting center and formed quickly into the formation. 

"We've just received news that we will be having a mission in Trost. We leave tomorrow at dawn. Pack your gear and belongings, you won't be coming back. " The commander his heel and walked into his private building.

Dinner was chaotic, as always with Sasha. Eren was picking fights again, with Jean of course. But this time Eren managed to know Jean on his , which made everyone gasp and laugh. Except Marco. He looked at Jean with eyes full of pity, and something else, something Jean wanted to have in his own eyes. Warmth.

Jean walked back to his bunker alone, the rest of the trainees enjoying their last night. Jean sat in his bed, taking off his boots and starting to un-buckle the leather straps that surrounded his legs and torso. Marco also walked into the bunker, sitting on the bed across from Jean's. 

"That migraine still got you Marco?" Which Marco responded with a nod. Jean ruffled his own hair and flopped backwards, arms stretched away from him. Marco stood, but only to sit on Jean's bed instead. Jean gave him a quizical look and sat up." What is it Marco?" He questioned, gazing upon his freckled features. Marco only leaned in closer, suddenly Marco's lips were on Jean's, and Jean liked it. Jean responded with a more passionate kiss, letting their tounges play a game of tag. Marco pulled away blushing and panting for breath. Jean was awkwardly doing the same. 

"Yo, Jean, Marco, why are you guys so close and why are you blushing?" Eren questioned, not even bothering to notice their lack of breath. 

"We were discussing our home lives when my leg fell asleep and I kicked him." Jean lied quickly, too quickly. He scooted back a bit from Marco and shook out his hair, much like a horse. (Ahahahahha, that last part of the sentence was written by a friend and I decided to keep it.) 

Dawn arrived too quickly, the trainees were all ready to go and loaded onto their horses, ready for the long trek ahead of them.