Freckles (Chapter 1)

Polo

It was a typical day for Jean. Feeding the horses, shoveling the remnants after it had passed through their large bodies. He sighed, annoyed with his tasks, wanting more, wanting to feel important. He swiped the back of his hand across his forehead. Your still in training corps,take it easy Jean. He told himself, knowing that he turkey belonged in the safety of wall Sina. Just a few more days and I can graduate. He finished his task quickly, excited about his upcoming free time. Putting the shovel in the far end of the corrals, he let out a breath of relief, glad he would never have to do that again. He walked outside, looking for someone, his someone. "Marco?" He called out, putting a hand over his eyes to shield them from the blazing sun.
 "Polo!" Eren shouts from a distance, face turning red with laughter.
 "Damnit Eren, you know what I meant. Where's Marco?" 
Eren let out a sigh. " He is back in the bunks, he said he would spend his free time resting because he didn't feel well."
"Thanks," Jean rested his hand on Eren's shoulder. "Well I better go see if he is okay."
Eren nodded and Jean took off towards the bunks. 

    Finally arriving at the bunks, he scraped his boots on the stairs, then proceeding to enter. "Hay Marco? You feeling alright?" He questions, looking into the dark room at his friend. "Yeah, it's just a headache." A faint voice comes from the back of the room. Jean carefully walks towards the bed, making sure not to bump anything. Gazing upon him, he tried to distract himself from the paleness of his skin. "Are you sure your alright Marco?"
"Yeah I'm fine, but I would be better if you laid down next to me. "
"W-what?" Jean was absolutely stunned by this sudden offer, he had been wondering about Marco's feelings for a while now, but Marco had never made such an offer before. Did this mean that Marco shared the same feelings as Jean did for him? No, don't think about it too much Jean. It's just laying down next to him. He shook out of his trance, looking at Marco once more before responding. "Sure, if it makes you feel better." Jean carefully sat on the edge of the bed and took off his boots, to be kind of course. He stood again and lifted the covers laying down facing the ceiling. 
"Thanks, it means a lot to me that you are doing this." Marco said shyly, a slight blush taking form on his freckled cheeks. 
"No problem to me." Jean said, surprised when Marco laid an arm across Jean's chest. 
"Um, Marco?"
"What is it Jean?"
"N-nevermind it's nothing."
"No, tell me what is bothering you." Marco said insistently. 
"I will tell you on the night of our graduation."
"Fine then." Marco sighed, obviously defeated. 
"Hay, don't get to down about it, it's only a week away."
Marco let out a sigh, closing his eyes to try and 'sleep it off'. Jean was still concerned about Marco, about how pale he was and how weak he sounded. So with a smile in his voice, he said "Marco, cuddle me." Which was followed by a shocked and embarrassed laugh from the freckled boy. 
"Jean, are you sure? Did you get kicked in the head by one of the horses?"
"I'm sure. It will make you warmer, don't worry." And so, the two shifted themselves until both were comfortable and cuddled. Marco let out a sigh of pleasure. "Your so warm Jean."
"I-I am? Oh well, thanks then." He said, gazing into Marco's hazel eyes. A blush formed across Marco's face, spreading to his ears. Marco snuggled a bit closer to Jean, their noses almost touching. Jeans face was as red as a ripe cherry. Marccarefully lifted his arm and ruffled Jean's hair. Which was followed by Jean covering his head with his hands. "Hay what was that for?" 
"It made me feel better." Marco smiled, the blush fading from his face and ears and returning to the pale freckled skin it normally was. 
"Yeah sure." Jean made a pouting face at Marco, which Marco let out a chuckle at. His laugh was deep and smooth, Jean enjoyed it greatly. 
"You have a nice laugh Marco." Jean whispered nervously, the blush returning to his face.