CHAPTER 4

Tutor for Nichkhun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun knows it already late and that his aunt is already asleep in her room at this hour.  He didn't bothered their maids and decided to personally open the gate.  He immediately moved out of the car as soon as he’s done parking it.  The front porch light is open and Nichkhun knows that his Aunt intentionally left that open so that he won’t have a hard time entering the house. 

 

He came from a bar together with his friends and his fellow members in 2PM, the most popular group in their university.  Chansung was not there though.  They didn't know where Chansung is lately. 

 

It was normal for them to hang out even though they have classes the next day.  But tomorrow, or rather today —was Sunday — so it would be even better. He would sleep in all day. 

 

He was drunk.  And he didn't know how he got home uninjured.  But he welcomed the feeling. Just as he welcomed the deafening silence when he entered the house. It was the saddest place in the world.  Thankful that he’s drunk so that he wouldn’t feel the sadness.  Just as he wouldn't feel the emptiness in his heart. 

 

And the guilt. 

 

He can’t believe that he was able to ride and drive his car again.  It was a year ago when he last drove a vehicle.  He thought that he already had forgotten how to drive.  And it still made him shake with fear. 

 

He headed straight to the stairs going to his room. He looked at the room beside it — the study room.  Earlier, he was able to enter it again after a long time.  He wanted to runaway from that place as soon as he entered.  He felt suffocated.  To him it was the scariest room in the house. The room contained all the ghosts of his past. 

 

That's why he can’t believe that he was able to stay there for more than an hour.  He thought he wouldn’t be able to stay there for even a minute.  But he had managed to stay in the room quite peacefully.  And it was because of a certain stubborn tutor. 

 

Nichkhun wanted to enter his room but didn't know why he can’t make himself move.  He stayed standing outside the study room.  He felt as if something is urging him to get inside.  As if the door was waving at him and inviting him to open it. 

 

Slightly lightheaded because of the alcohol, he stepped closer to the door.  Hesitantly,  he reached for the doorknob.  He didn't know if he should turn it or remove his grip.  

 

Finally, after a few battles inside his head, he opened the door.  It was dark so he the light. 

 

His eyes tried to get used to the sudden light.  He looked around.  It was still the same as when he was a teenager.  The same when he was fond of staying there some three years ago. 

 

A lot of books were placed at the right side of the room.  There were novels, encyclopedia, dictionaries, almanacs, atlases, magazines, journals and the like.  There was a globe on the other end, a computer in a left corner, a table and sofa at the center of the room where he sat earlier. The books that he and Wooyoung had used earlier were still there. 

 

Without much thinking, Nichkhun approached the table and sat there.  He was still feeling dizzy because of the alcohol he consumed.  But even though he’s brain is feeling that, he still felt his chest tightening.  He took a deep breath.  Hoping that it would ease the pain he’s feeling.  But it was no use. 

 

What was he doing here anyway? The room was only make him remember the thing that he had wanted to forget for a long time and not to turn back.  A part of his past that he wanted to forget but couldn’t, no matter how much he tried. 

 

He decided to leave the room. But as he moved, he noticed something on the table.  When he moved closer, he realized that what he’s seeing was not due to alcohol.  It was a sticky note that was placed over a white handkerchief. 

 

It was the same handkerchief he gave to Wooyoung the other day.  He never thought that he would return it back to him. In fact, he didn't even remember it anymore.  And it has a Bugs Bunny sticky note that came with it. 

“You’re so snob, Nichkhun.  But thank you still for lending me your handkerchief.  I hope that we would have a better tutor-student relationship.  So you have to tone down your attitude.  Are we clear? Got it? Okay? =)

                                                                                                                                        Woo

 

Nichkhun read it again.  And again. And like a miracle, he felt his chest loosened.  The note was like a rainbow after a heavy storm.  He’s feeling much better now. 

 

It was amazing. How many years had he felt that heaviness in his chest? How come that it was washed aways by just a simple note? It doesn’t even have a good message from Wooyoung. In fact, he should be offended. 

 

But it felt otherwise.  He felt rejuvenated.  Or something like that.  And he had to admit he kind of missed that feeling. 

 

He took another good look around. The room looked the same. But the feeling it evoked in him had changed.  

 

He took the handkerchief from the table together with note.  He then decided to leave the room. 

 

He was amused and a little thrilled for next week.  Maybe having a tutor wasn't so bad after all. 

 

 

 

 

It already became a routine for Wooyoung to go to Nichkhun’s house every Saturday and Wednesday to tutor him even if he thinks doing it was one of the biggest jokes as he’s trying to teach someone smarter than him. 

 

Every Saturday, he would go to their house alone.  On Wednesdays, since they’re both in the same class in Biology and coincidentally their last class, they go to Nichkhun’s house at the same time.  The latter had been using his car to go to school and sometimes Wooyoung to their house after their tutorial lesson.  

 

He also got to talked to Nichkhun’s aunt regarding the former’s performance.  But she only told him to continue teaching his nephew.  He found that odd.  It’s as if his aunt is aware that Nichkhun’s smart but why would she still have to hire a tutor for him? He still can’t figure out what she was trying to do. 

 

Him and Junho also rarely got the chance to see each other anymore.  On weekends, Junho spends his time with his father so they can’t meet while his tutoring on Saturdays.  They also have a lot of things to do in their classes that they barely see each other in school.  

 

He’s going to Horvejkul’s now even though it was a Sunday.  He wasn't able to come yesterday since it was his mother’s death anniversary.  

 

He pressed the doorbell.  After a few moments, it was opened.  “Oh!” The guy who opened the door looked surprised.  “Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter