Day 2

A Year (DISCONTINUED)

 

A very short chapter ahead!


Seunghee tried to not think much about that Changkyun guy, but the way he left her seemed so familiar, so hurtful – just like the rest of the people did to her. But she had to think that he was someone she had to tutor, he was going to be no one but her student.

She came into her class quietly but quickly towards her seat. It wasn’t the best seat to choose; especially when she was surrounded by people she wasn’t fond of. They were always bothering her, asking for answers and money. But she was used to it because she knew life was unfair and she couldn’t do anything to change it.

“Hi, Seunghee” Someone greeted her, taking a seat beside her. She smiled genuinely, at least she had someone to actually talk to and be friend with.

“Hi, Haneul” She greeted back, her smile never left as she watched her seatmate taking out her books. Haneul nodded cheerfully, her beauty were definitely radiating in the classroom.

Seunghee never knew why Haneul kept rejecting the boys when they asked her out, or even wanted to help her out. She figured she wasn’t at that phase where she could ask Haneul that yet, but all she could predict was that Haneul could probably had someone in mind.

“Do you have anything to do later?” Haneul asked her, after she had put her stuff on the table.

“I have to tutor someone later, I think” She answered, her voice sounded unsure.

‘I think’?” She heard her seatmate chuckled, as she tried to let out a small forced laugh. “He didn’t actually tell me when to meet again” She explained more.

Haneul’s eyelids blinked repeatingly, her head tilted in curiosity. “What’s his name?”

“It’s Im –”

“Wait, the teacher is here, just tell me later” Haneul quickly cut her off, her head immediately looked to the front. Seunghee paused, before she nodded off hesitantly to her seatmate.

 

Haneul didn’t ask her again when the school ended, it didn’t really mattered to her anyway, especially when Changkyun didn’t meant anything.

She sighed softly when she packed her bag, still thinking whether to look for Changkyun or possibly just go to her second home, the library. She had always loved the library; the peace and quiet.

She walked to the direction of the library, the thought of reading a book while enjoying the emptiness of the place was making her feel happy. The only emptiness that she could live with without being sad.

She entered the library, seeing no one except for the librarian who was busy at the counter. Her lips formed a smile as she went to her usual seat.

She quietly dragged her chair and sat down, taking out her book. Her eyes looked at it before they went to the seat in front of her. The memory of Changkyun from yesterday appeared in her mind, making her feel the pain in her chest.

He was very different from her, heck, she was different from everyone in the school.

She remembered Changkyun taking his pen harshly, the pen that actually scratched her palm but she didn’t need to tell him, because he wouldn’t care.

She managed to shake off the thoughts as she tried to concentrate on her book, recapping what she had learnt just now.

“Why are you always here?” An annoyed voice interrupted her from above. She looked up to see Changkyun rolling his eyes while crossing his arms. Her heart dropped as she tried to stay calm.

“I’m always here” She mumbled, her eyes left his face and looked back to her book.

“Well, good, at least I don’t have to look for you anywhere but here” He said, still sounded annoyed in her ears. He took a seat in front of her again, still making her confused why he was there.

Changkyun looked at the girl who was avoiding him, as he tried to nudged her arm. She flinched to the sudden contact with him.

“What?” He asked nonchalantly, his eyes showed something she never seen before. She raised her right eyebrow; her expression was nothing but confusion.

“Aren’t you supposed to tutor me?” He said, taking out his notebook and pen from yesterday. “If you think I came here because I really needed help, you’re wrong” He explained, opening his notebook.

“I was forced, yet again, because of our teacher” He continued. She figured he was irritated by the look of his face he had now. “Okay” was the only thing that she could say before silence took over. She couldn’t help but to sit still, not knowing what to do as he was still staring at her.

She felt a rush of embarrassment when he broke the silence with a ‘well, let’s start studying’. She nodded quickly, grabbing her books out from her bag. One by one, she calmly explained the syllabus of all subjects to him, the only thing she was best at.

Everything went smooth into Changkyun’s head. The way she explained meant she had definitely read the books perfectly, from A to Z. Her voice didn’t hit any nervous tone, unlike what had happened few minutes ago. He silently smiled, listening to her soothing voice explaining to him.

“Do you understand?” She asked suddenly, her face turned towards him, only to see they were only few inches apart.

“Why are you so close?” She panicked, her face was already red. Changkyun slowly leaned back, as if their face weren't that close. He was expressionless; his arms were crossed.

“I couldn’t hear you well” He said, looking at her panicked face. She avoided his eyes, bringing herself to look at somewhere else.

“O-Okay” She tried to stay calm, with the word she had always hated whenever she was lost at something.

“Anyway, I understood what you have explained to me” He ignored her situation, which she was glad about, before he packed his things.

“I have to go” He told her, her eyes looked at her watch. It had been an hour with him and she managed to explain half of the syllabus briefly. She was satisfied with today's outcome before she nodded to him, as she watched him stood up from his seat. He halted for moment and then he looked at her again.

“Here”

He let go a piece of paper from his hand to the table. “That’s my phone number, in case you need to tell me something, possibly like ‘there’s no tutoring today’” He said monotone, as she tried to hold in her laugh when he tried to hint her the possible reason.

“I’ll see if it will be in a good use” She replied, folding the paper and putting it inside her bag.

Whatever

She saw him leave the place, a little better than yesterday. She smiled softly, as she picked up her stuff to pack. But her smile faded to the thought of going home.

Was it even called a home to her, she thought.

 

 

Changkyun moved along the empty hall, the same memory went into his mind. He let out a sad sigh; looking at the place he had met Haneul.

He had wonder if they would bump into each other again so he could hear her lovely voice. She had been in his mind these couple of days, it was starting to get too much for him. He hadn’t had this feeling at all in his life; it was the first time, again.

Just when he was near the entrance door, he saw the familiar petite female.

He was lost at words, seeing her standing alone as he stopped his track. The female spotted him, suddenly he felt different.

Haneul went towards him, her eyes were shining brightly looking at him. “Hey” She greeted him, her smile became wider as she got near him.

“H-Hey” He replied, his eyes wandered everywhere except for her. She chuckled, making his heart fluttered hearing her cute laugh.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him. He hesitated to reply her when his eyes finally laid on her.

“I had some stuff to do” He answered, rubbing his neck. The girl nodded, ignoring his unusual character.

“Are you going home?” She asked him again. His lips formed a smile, something he had always kept hidden. He was glad she was asking him more questions, that meant the longer he could spend time with her.

“Yeah, are you?” He asked her back. She nodded but her head looked at the back of him. He was about to ask her what was wrong but her sudden question made him feeling lost.

“Y-You want to go home together?” He repeated her question, seeing her shy side as she tried to hide her face.

“I-I mean if you don’t want to –”

“I’d loved to” He immediately said, his heart flipped at his own act. Haneul’s eyes were glistering in happiness hearing his answer as she quickly took out her phone.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but her fast typing and shoving it back to her pocket made him shook off the thought.

“Let’s go?” She said, turning her heel to face the entrance. He nodded before heading out of the school with her happily.

 

 

I’m so sorry, Seunghee, but something came up and I had to leave T_T

Seunghee read her friend’s text in the empty hall. She pouted slightly, she had been waiting to grab some ice cream with Haneul after they planned it after their first period ended.

“It must be something important” She mumbled to herself, putting back her phone into her pocket. Her feet became heavier, going back home without a friend, or an ice cream.


 

It's a very short chapter but I hope you guys liked it! Please do comment what you feel about this chapter ;-)

Thank you for subscibing, as well!