Getting Away With It

Getting Away With It

Gwangseok was tremendous at pissing Youngjun off. It had a lot to do with how long they'd known each other. Though every time Youngjun was lecturing Gwangseok for getting too comfortable, the younger also knew exactly how to stop getting scolded.

 

This time they were in the kitchen, cooking for the group after Donghyun gave himself a nasty cut on the finger and Sunghak knocked the salt shaker directly into a boiling pot of water. While preparing for their meals, they had gotten to joking around. Energetic and playful Gwangseok had started overstepping his boundaries with the older until Youngjun had enough and started going on about respect.

 

This time Youngjun wouldn't be buttered up by sweet talk or Gwangseok recalling happy memories. He knew the tricks. Every time Gwangseok said something nice to avoid the scolding, Youngjun dismissed it and continued. He started feeling smug when he noticed the younger begin to get frustrated, it becoming difficult to fight back a grin on his part but if there was one thing he knew about Gwangseok it was that he hated losing.

 

He hadn't expected Gwangseok to set down the knife had had been cutting carrots with and come up behind Youngjun as he stirred for a back hug. He interlaced his hands over the stomach, laying his head on the shoulder.

 

“Are you really going to keep telling me off?” Gwangseok asked sadly, sweetly in a small whine. “I've learned my lesson, I'll be good.”

 

Even with the creeping smile sitting on his face, Youngjun bit back and resolved to not give into the younger being affectionate. “I'd expect this from Donghyun, but from you this is-”

 

“Youngjunnie,” Gwangseok interrupted with a whining drawl. He started rubbing his nose against the shoulder. “I'm sorry.” He picked his head up, placed a small kiss on the cheek. “Don't be mad at me, I'm sorry.”

 

Gwangseok always got away with more than Youngjun would allow from anyone else. Even down to his distaste for cute acts, he always found it much more tolerable from Gwangseok than he did anyone else. But he also couldn't allow the younger to manipulate him like that. “You can be as cute as you want, but it's going to take more than that to shut me up.” Youngjun picked up where he left off with the lecture before Gwangseok grabbed his chin and turned it toward him placing a kiss directly on the mouth.

 

Well, that shut Youngjun up. When Gwangseok pulled back, he smiled brightly and let go. He re-assumed his job of cutting carrots while Youngjun sighed.

 

The worst of it was that Youngjun wasn't even that stunned. He was annoyed, knew that Gwangseok would keep doing it if he tried to continue his lecture so he just hung his head low and sighed again before turning to the younger. “I really do let you get away with a lot, though.”

 

“I'm your favorite,” Gwangseok sang cheerily. He handed off the cutting board with diced carrots to add to the boiling pot. Once Youngjun took the board he sent a friendly slap to the shoulder. “Don't worry. You're my favorite, too.”

 

Youngjun smiled. “I oughta punch you in the face.”