A Jung Hana Series - The Red Carpet

A Jung Hana Series - The Red Carpet

 

“I just talked to Yonghwa-ssi and it is confirmed that he will be walking down the red carpet!” One of the female programme directors exclaimed excitedly to the rest of the staff in the meeting room.

“But isn’t he supposed to walk down the red carpet with Seohyun-ssi?” Another programme director asked with a frown. “But didn’t we just hear the news that Seohyun-ssi is still under maternity rest? So she won’t be able to walk down the red carpet with her husband!”

“Omo! You mean you don’t know it yet?” The first female programme director asked again.

“Don’t know what?”

“Seohyun-ssi is still resting but didn’t you remember we proposed that Yonghwa-ssi to walk down the red carpet with her?”

“OH! You mean...”

“Yes! Yonghwa-ssi agreed to it!” The programme director squealed excitedly yet again.

“Daebak! Everybody’s gonna tune in to our programme to just catch a glimpse of him and her together!” Another staff cheered and soon everybody in the meeting room started to get deep in discussion about the upcoming event which was going to happen in about a week’s time.

 

***

 

The annual music festival which Yonghwa was going to attend the next day was making him feel slightly worried. He took a look at his wife who was busy nursing their newborn son on their bed. He walked over closer to her before sitting down on the bed beside her himself. He continued to watch as his son drank his milk hungrily from his mother.

“What’s wrong now?” Came Seohyun’s voice when she saw Yonghwa spacing out again. Yonghwa let out the tiniest sigh possible as he looked at Seohyun directly in her eyes.

“I’m just worried for tomorrow.” Yonghwa shrugged. “Are you sure it’s alright for me to bring her along?”

Seohyun chuckled. She thought Yonghwa was just being paranoid over nothing at all. “Yeobo-ah, it’s going to be alright. She’ll do great!” Seohyun said in her most soothing voice possible.

“But I still can’t help but feel worried.” Yonghwa pouted before pulling Hyungki out of Seohyun’s embrace once he noticed that his son was done with drinking his milk. He held Hyungki properly in against his chest before patting his son’s back gently, trying to get him to burp.

“You are just feeling worried over nothing.” Seohyun shook her head mockingly while buttoning up her blouse. “I know her well. She’s a natural on camera.”

“But she’ll cause a disaster if I accidentally upset her.” Yonghwa pointed out.

Seohyun frowned. “Well, are you going to upset her?”

“Me? Of course not! But Jungshin and Minhyuk might...” Yonghwa shrugged.

“They love her too much to even think of upsetting her.” Seohyun muttered.

“You don’t know them!” Yonghwa rolled his eyes and Seohyun just shook her head in disbelief.

“Whatever oppa!” Seohyun chuckled before rolling her eyes at her husband.

Just then they heard the sound of heels moving towards their room. Looking up, their saw their firstborn in a very unique outfit that made Seohyun and Yonghwa to let out a giggle.

“What’s so funny?” Their firstborn asked with a deep frown on her tiny forehead.

“Ehem! What do you think you’re wearing sweetheart?” Seohyun started asking as she slowly get up from the bed and walked on over towards her daughter who was wearing Seohyun’s dress from Bring The Boys Out promotions a few years ago and also her high-heeled shoe which was of course too big for the four-year-old.

“I’m trying to be like you umma.” Jung Hana chirped happily as she twirled herself around clumsily, acting all pretty for her parents.

“Um, baby, isn’t umma’s clothes too big for you?” Yonghwa asked, seriously hoping that it’s the right question after all.

“What are you saying appa? It suits me well!” Hana giggled as she continued to do some alien poses which made Seohyun chuckled.

“No sweetheart, it’s like this.” Seohyun said as she showed her daughter the correct pose from her idol days, with one hand on her left hip and with her right hip sticking out. And there Yonghwa thought he could almost faint at the iness of it. Even though she had just given birth to their baby less than a month, she still looked drop-dead gorgeous! She was after all a natural-borned goddess.

“Ooh! Like this?” Hana started to copy what her mother just did and surprisingly she did very well! Like mother, like daughter.

“She’s a natural.” Seohyun commented while Yonghwa just nodded reluctantly.

“She won’t leave the house anytime soon.” Yonghwa stated suddenly.

“What do you mean?” Seohyun raised an eyebrow.

“I’m not allowing my daughter to be an idol.” Yonghwa said a little stubbornly. “She’ll leave home at a young age and it’ll going to be difficult to even meet up with her then.”

“Aigoo!” Seohyun sighed as she pulled Hana to her before helping her firstborn out of the oversized outfit. “She’s only four Yonghwa-ya. And she didn’t even say that she wants to be a singer or an entertainer.” Then Seohyun turned to look down at her daughter who was scrunching up her nose cutely. “Right baby? What do you want to be when you grow up?”

Hana blinked her eyes repeatedly towards her mother before looking at her father. Then she frowned hard as she started to think of what she wanted to be...

“Um, I think I want to be a teacher. Just like Miss Park!” Hana squealed while clapping her hands excitedly. “Then I could teach Hyungki how to walk and how to talk and how to eat and how to smile!”

“See, I told you already.” Seohyun threw a smirk towards Yonghwa who just grinned in response.

“For now, I think I should not be worried about her future just yet.” Yonghwa said before handing a sleeping Hyungki back to Seohyun. Then he went over to carry his daughter before planting a kiss on her cheek. “But I still can’t help but to worry for tomorrow.”

“She’ll do fine oppa! Like I said, she’s a natural! You saw her right?” Seohyun said again and Yonghwa finally nodded his head reluctantly. “Neh, neh. I know...”

“Good.” Seohyun smiled triumphantly. “Now you go and get Hana ready for bed while I go and look for some nice clothes for her to wear tomorrow. She must look absolutely gorgeous for tomorrow! Oh! How exciting!”

Yonghwa watched as his wife headed on out of their room with Hyungki before turning back to look at his daughter who was smiling widely at him. He raised an eyebrow knowing that there was something Hana wanted from him.

“Princess? You have something you want right?” Yonghwa asked her cautiously and true enough Hana just nodded her head gleefully. Then she leaned in towards her father to whisper into his ear.

“I want a candy before I sleep.” Hana muttered in her soft voice.

“Again?” Yonghwa gaped, feigning shock.

“Appa, do you want me to sleep or not?” Hana asked back with an annoyed expression causing Yonghwa to sigh dejectedly.

“Ahrasso, ahrasso!” Yonghwa said before heading down towards the kitchen still with Hana wrapped tightly in his arms.

“I love you appa!” Hana squealed but not before whispering again. “And don’t worry, I’ll behave myself tomorrow.”

At this, Yonghwa immediately shot a grateful smile towards his daughter who just grinned happily in return.

Tomorrow, another day, another candy! Yes!!! Hana thought happily.

 

***

 

It was about three hours before the start of the red-carpet walking for the annual music festival. And there Yonghwa was, all dressed up and ready to go. But unfortunately, he still had to wait for her who was still getting ready for the event.

“Ouch! That hurts!” She shrieked as one of the hairstylists accidentally poked her scalp with one of the bobby pins which made her sob uncontrollably and that made Yonghwa panicked for a moment. He immediately went up to her to coax her until she finally stopped her sobbing before she could continue getting ready once again.

This time she was given a very pretty dress to wear, all thanks to Seohyun for choosing that dress for her. Yonghwa watched as a smile appeared on her pretty face as she continued to admire her pretty self in front of the standing mirror.

“Do I look pwetty?” She had asked and Yonghwa just nodded his head in agreement.

“You always look pretty princess!” Yonghwa had said. “Because you are my princess!”

She started to giggle dramatically which made Yonghwa grinned wide. He could not help but to think that she had a huge talent for acting. And for a moment there he thought he would not mind if she acted instead of becoming an idol. But he soon shrugged away the thought not wanting to think of the future just yet.

“Hey! What do we have here?”

Yonghwa turned around to see Jungshin, Minhyuk, Jonghyun and Yoona walking in with huge smiles on their lips. The four of them greeted Yonghwa before fully focussing their attention towards the pretty lady in front of them.

“Omo! Have we met before?” Jungshin asked as he lowered himself down onto one knee to observe her a little more closely.

“ShinShin chinggu! It is me!” She exclaimed before twirling round to show him her dress.

“You look beautiful sweetheart!” Yoona added as she planted a swift kiss onto her cheek.

“Gamsahamnida Yoona-imo.” She grinned politely causing the whole dressing staff in the room to coo loudly at how cute and polite she was.

“Hyung, I think she looks better walking down the red carpet with me rather than with you.” Minhyuk said as he nudged Yonghwa playfully onto his side.

“This kid! Aish!” Yonghwa growled lowly towards his dongsaeng.

“If you want to walk down with a beautiful girl like her, then go and get married and have one yourself!” Jonghyun said and that sent everyone laughing again.

“Not that again...” Minhyuk groaned.

“I think we should leave already. It’s almost time!” Yonghwa said as he ushered everybody out of the dressing room. And of course, he did not forget to her out with him.

 

***

 

Hana fidgeted nervously in the car. She continued to look out of the window where she could see tonnes of people waving towards her. She wondered if they even know who they were waving at.

“Appa,” Hana started to speak. “Why are those people waving at me?”

Yonghwa almost let out a loud chuckle when he heard that naive question coming from his firstborn.

“Well, they are fans of some singers.” Yonghwa tried to explain to Hana calmly.

“Oh! Do you have fans appa?”

“Me? I hope I still do.” Yonghwa nodded his head. “I think I do. Look at that unnie there!” Yonghwa pointed towards a lady who was holding up a placard sign saying ‘YONGSEO FOR THE WORLD! xoxo’. Hana looked at her father questioningly.

“What does it say?” Hana asked.

“It says ‘YongSeo for the world’. She’s a fan of me and your umma back home.” Yonghwa said. “We used to be very popular idols and there are lots of people who loves us for who we are.”

“Ah! Jeongmal-yo?” Hana gaped in surprised. Her eyes went wide and she looked utterly adorable that way. “Idols... Fans...” Hana started to mutter to herself as she tried to understand those terms of words by herself. And since she was a smart girl, she had them figured out in no time!

“Oh! Look! Umma is calling us!” Yonghwa called out and that immediately attracted Hana’s attention. Yonghwa hurriedly answered the video call and aimed his phone towards him and Hana.

“Umma!” Hana exclaimed the moment she saw Seohyun on the phone screen.

“Baby! Are you feeling okay?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

“I’m fine umma!” Hana told her.

“Wow! You look very beautiful! Whose daughter are you?” Seohyun cooed through the screen.

“I’m Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa’s daughter!” Hana squealed.

“Good girl!” Seohyun praised. Yonghwa on the other hand just raised his eyebrows.

“Did you teach her that?” Yonghwa asked in disbelief.

“Of course! People need to know that she is my daughter too.” Seohyun replied, rolling her eyes.

“Umma! I saw your fan just now!” Hana exclaimed.

“Oh really?”

“She held out this big of paper saying ‘YongSeo for the world!’” Hana added.

“Omo! People still remember us?” Seohyun squealed excitedly.

“Fans always remember us. We are just the best couple there is...” Yonghwa said. “And look at us now, our love is real.”

“You’re right oppa, you’re right...” Seohyun let out a serene smile which made Yonghwa’s heart fluttered aimlessly. “I love you.”

Yonghwa smiled. “I love you too.”

“Have fun okay! I’ll be watching at home so wave more at the camera!” Seohyun grinned.

“Neh umma!”

And with that the video call ended and Yonghwa was already getting himself and his daughter ready for the red carpet. Yonghwa had his fingers crossed, praying silently that everything will turn out fine.

 

***

 

“And let’s look at who had just arrived here...” The emcee started saying as he continued to watch the next celebrity who was trying to get out of the car. “It’s Jung Yonghwa-ssi with his... daughter! Omo! It’s his daughter! Jung Hana!”

Fans from left and right started screaming wildly the moment they saw Yonghwa and his daughter walking down the red carpet. Hana was clinging onto her father’s leg timidly as she was too overwhelmed with the crowds and the screams they were emitting.

“Smile at the camera princess.” Yonghwa coaxed his daughter gently. Hana looked up at her father through innocent eyes. “Umma’s watching right now.”

Hana finally nodded and soon she let go of Yonghwa’s leg and instead she just continued to hold his hand confidently. And soon she was actually smiling towards the camera shyly and everybody started cooing at her cuteness. She even did a confident V-pose together with Yonghwa and reporters could not miss that chance and immediately snapped a picture of both father and daughter in that unique pose.

“She looks exactly like Seohyun!” A fan squealed. “Daughter of the goddess!”

“She’ll be famous just like her mother!” Another one said.

Just as the red carpet walk for Yonghwa and Hana was about to reach its end, a reporter came forward towards them in hope to make a quick live interview for the unique pair.

“Annyonghaesaeyo! I’m Park Chansung from the Celebrity Magazine.” The reported said and Yonghwa just nodded. “I would like to ask your daughter here a question.”

“Sure go on!” Yonghwa grinned.

“Dear pretty princess, whose daughter are you?” Park Chansung had asked the only question which he had just thought of at the last moment.

Hana looked at her father with a smile before turning back to look at the man in front of her. “I am Seo Joohyun and Jung Yonghwa’s daughter!”

“Omo! Such a clever girl!” Park Chansung applauded excitedly before bowing towards Yonghwa once again. “Thank you Yonghwa-ssi! Thank you so much! You have such a nice family!”

“You’re welcome Chansung-ssi! Thank you for interviewing my daughter as well...”

Yonghwa and Hana was soon ushered towards the entrance to the grand auditorium which the music festival was going to be held, but not before Hana decided to pull her father down towards her. Yonghwa frowned at her before finally understanding that she wanted to tell him something.

“What is it princess?” Yonghwa had asked.

“I know what to be when I grow up now appa.” Hana said with a determined look in her pair of sparkling eyes.

“And what is it you want to be when you grow up princess?”

“I think I want to be like you and umma when you grow up.” Hana nodded.

“And that is...”

“I like people taking pictures of me and I like answering questions when people started asking.” Hana started saying. “And I like it when people love me just like your fans appa!”

“Hana-ya, you don’t know what you are saying...” Yonghwa was definitely taken aback by what Hana had just said to him. “You can’t be...”

“I want to be an idol appa.”

And just like that, Yonghwa thought he could just faint right then and there.

 

***********************************

Thank you for reading!

Hope you enjoyed the story! XD