Sweet Little Things

Sweet Little Things

 

SWEET LITTLE THINGS 

1.

The sight was the most gorgeous view he had ever seen, he believes. His hair stuck out like feathers but black ones and prettier ones. A small pout was on his pale red lips. Eyebrows knitted in concentration, just right. Even his nose was more appealing than a nose should be because who found a nose cute?

He reached for his boyfriends cheek which felt like reaching for the stars—a new language he had never heard of. Because when he touched the skin, it was like a beautiful song was pouring into an alone soul. Jongin was the alone soul. His boyfriend, no, Kyungsoo was the beautiful song.

It had been five years of nothing but heart singing. Kyungsoo worked at a café and Jongin thought the worker was cute which was odd because he was a guy and Kyungsoo was a guy. He had never lied with someone of the same gender but with Kyungsoo, he’s realized the heart has no gender.

Now here they were.

They lived comfortably as entrepreneurs with their two dogs: Bilbo and Frodo. Two years ago, Jongin randomly thought it would be an amazing idea to open a local gym. Kyungsoo thought it was odd but he went through with it and supported his boyfriend by helping with the opening. That was one of the many things Jongin loved about Kyungsoo.

He felt love was too little of a word to describe how he truly felt.

A comely smile touched Jongin lips when he saw a nose move around; that meant Kyungsoo was waking up. “Babe.”

Kyungsoo’s beauty was overwhelming. Jongin could watch a billion sunrises and it’ll never compare to the boy before him. “What time is it?” Kyungsoo asked, voice tired.

“7 am.”

“Oh.”

“Oh.”

Kyungsoo smiled. His body did what it knew and attracted to Jongin’s. His arms wrapped around his neck and the warmth of the summer pressed kisses on his skin. “We’re disgusting.” Kyungsoo whispered.

Jongin laugh was soft. “How?”

“We’re way too lovey dovey. Yuck.”

“How is that nasty?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Don’t know. Just is.”

Jongin gulped when he felt legs wrap around his waist. Kyungsoo mimicked a monkey but desperately wanted to be pup due to the cuddling. But Jongin loved it; another of the many reasons he loved Kyungsoo.

And another thing he loved was the art which traveled with his thighs. Kyungsoo tattoos were apart of him, a treasure. He said they created a sacred story, Jongin couldn’t help but agree.

He removed the covers to explore the art for the 100th time. Kyungsoo wore black shorts that were—really short and they hugged him tightly. Jongin was able to see the tattoos easily. A snake wrapped in a broken skull, decorated with shaded roses, covered his thigh. But Jongin loved the lion whose hair was blown with lace the most.

He touched the black parts of his skin and read it as if he would be his last. But he felt if he touched it too long than it would disappear like a firefly flying away. Jongin didn’t want to be the destroyer because he had already destroyed himself. He couldn’t do the same to Kyungsoo.

“Why’d you stop?” Kyungsoo asked when he realized the touch had died. He was drawing circles on Jongin’s sleeve; he too had tattoos but they didn’t hold as much value as Kyungsoo’s did.

“Don’t think about it.”

“Okay bear.”

A moment passed and Kyungsoo decided another one did not deserve to happen. “Bear.”

“What?”

Kyungsoo tighten his grip on his waist. “Why are we still in bed? We have a meeting at 9.”

Jongin didn’t like when Kyungsoo brought up work in a moment he cherished. He took the beauty of it all and told life to off because he was enjoying the love of his life being himself in bed. But he couldn’t do that because Kyungsoo didn’t cherish these moment as much as Jongin did. That frustrated him because there should be a balance. One side is placed with a rock that says bull and the other that says love. Or Jongin just thinks that.

Kyungsoo pouted when there was no answer. “Bear.”

“What?”

“Stop ignoring me.” Jongin sighed when Kyungsoo touched his eyebrow, playing with cold ring on it. Jongin remembers Kyungsoo forcing him to get the piercing. He said it’ll look hot and hell, if Kyungsoo thought so then why the not?

“Sorry babe.”

“I love you.”

“Why’re you telling me this?”

Kyungsoo was annoyed. “Maybe because I’m your boyfriend and I’m telling you how I feel. Why is that even a ing question?”

Jongin was falling more in love. He didn’t think his heart could feel this amount of emotion and it just left him in black hole. He was falling deeper and deeper and it terrified him. How can love be so scary yet peaceful at the same time?

“We usually don’t say things like that,” But you have no idea how much I say I love you in my mind all day, “We said it one time,” I would tell you a million times and never get tired, “I guess it’s kind of rare.”

That just ticked Kyungsoo off. “Don’t you find it rare that the last time you told me you loved me was four years ago? Is there something wrong with me?”

If only he knew that Jongin would burn cities to the ground over him but he couldn’t see it because he was blindfolded. Maybe he wasn’t untied because Jongin wouldn’t allow it. “There’s nothing wrong with you.”

“Then why don’t you tell me you love me?”

There was something terribly wrong with Kyungsoo. Just the thought of his name made Jongin’s life wickedly right. If he dreamt about him, tears would be the only thing he would feel in the morning because he was so wonderfully worth it.

“Why don’t you?”

Kyungsoo gasped. “I shouldn’t have to because you already know I do but you—I always question it.”

“Why?”

“Because you don’t seem interested in me anymore,” His voice a depressed cry, “You’re kind of just riding me out. Just waiting for this relationship to die and then we’ll die and then all our memories would do the same and then we’ll be just ed.”

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo thigh tattoos and then back at his confused lover. “Tell me who you are.”

“What?”

“Tell me who you are?”

Kyungsoo thought he was joking then he realized he wasn’t so he did what was asked. “The names Do Kyungsoo and I’m twenty five years old. I used to work at Starbucks which was a total because I worked with jerks but I got over it. I was broke. What the was I supposed to do? Quit? Well that would have been a good idea but getting a job is ing hard, I mean come on. But then I met this guy when I was biting my nails. He was really weird. His hair was blonde. I mean what the hell? Blonde hair? I thought the guy was nuts but then I realize the guy wasn’t nuts. He was cute. I mean really cute. He asked me out five years ago and now I’m in bed with him with my arms and legs wrapped around his body which is awesome if ya asked me. Well since I’m Kyungsoo then who the are you?”

Jongin smiles. “I’m Jongin. I’m twenty four. My favorite movie is Reservoir Dogs and that’s about it.”

Kyungsoo punched him in the arm, and was ready to leave but Jongin stopped him. “Sorry.”

“Why are you doing this? It’s not funny Jongin. I ask you a simple question which you can’t answer then you make me describe myself which ended up making no ing sense then you’re just going to sweep it under the rug like you always do. I’m tired Jongin.”

Jongin stared. He was a shooting star that no one seen, leaving a dust of nothingness. “You truly have no idea.” He began to touch the tattoos again, and his boyfriend’s legs was now cold—he needed to change that.

“What’re you talking about?”

“You’re a curious boy who spends way too much time wondering. It’s sad your ty boyfriend is something you wonder about the most.” Jongin told him.

Kyungsoo sighed. “Of course I wonder about you. And you’re not a ty boyfriend. Complicated, yes. But ty, no. You care about me but that isn’t equivalent to love.”

Jongin placed his hands on those knowing cheeks as if it was book he was dying to read. “I am so hopelessly in love with you that it scares me to death,” His voice a small whisper, a terrified one. “If only you knew that my love for you is so indescribable. If only you knew that your beauty was magic to me and that even the galaxy’s most cherished queens could never compare to you. If only if you knew that the reason I live is because you exist. If only you truly knew.”

Kyungsoo face held so much emotion that Jongin believed he would burst into fireworks. But before he could ask if everything was fine, he nearly lost his breath as he was attacked with a kiss. Kyungsoo pressed his tongue at the seam of his lips, waiting for access. When Jongin divided his mouth, the taste of smoke and red wine collided, reminding them of the previous night. Jongin moaned at the contact of body heat, and it seemed Kyungsoo appreciated it also.

Jongin pulled back before it led to something else. It felt as if someone had thrown a rock at his heart because it was breaking into pieces when he saw Kyungsoo eyes were filled with tears. Then he realized it could have been from the kiss. It was one of those kind of kisses that a couple probably only feel once in their relationship. It was rare and Jongin feared he’ll never touch it again.

“Baby, I’m so sorry.” Kyungsoo cried and Jongin didn’t understand. Why was he apologizing?

“Why are you crying?”

Kyungsoo gripped tightened around Jongin’s strong neck. “Because I’m so happy.”

“Babe.”

“Bear.”

“I love you.”

Kyungsoo smiled the hardest Jongin had ever seen. It was prettier than the moons mystery, softer than a mother’s kiss, and an engagement to them as a couple. “I love you too bear.”

……………………

Kyungsoo’s lips ached incredibly hard because of the kisses. Jongin’s warm and heavy hand gripped onto his and Kyungsoo swears this was doing crazy things to him. Jongin was dancing with the sound of love yous, a nearing death of pleasure sighing together.

Kyungsoo crawled over him with a glare of a lion who desired his prey more than he should have. Jongin shuddered and again he said, “I love you so much.”

It was such impactful word. It either made Kyungsoo’s heart bloom or made him excited. He kissed every part of Jongin’s biceps and followed the train to his abs. Kyungsoo smiled into the touches when he realized he was kissing his favorite tattoo: a rose.

Jongin grip on his bottom tighten when Kyungsoo got lower and lower until he was at the waistband. But Kyungsoo stopped. “Bear.”

Jongin groaned in annoyance. “What?”

Kyungsoo touched the skin below his bellybutton. “You got a new tattoo?”

“Yeah.”

“What does it say?”

Jongin gripped the curious hands of the curious hands. “Er ist die Liebe meines Lebens,” He told him. “He’s the love of my life.”

Kyungsoo grinned. “German?”

Jongin grinned too. “Yeah.”

“You’re cheesy.”

Jongin laughed instead of grinned. “I know.”

“Bear.”

“What?”

“I love you.”

Jongin teared instead of laughed. “I love you too.”

 

 

I tried. If you liked it then subscribe, comment, or vote. Either way, you are appreciated. - Alex