SOMI'S FIRST KISS

MATCH MERMAID IN JEJU

SOMI POV

Yes, it's another beautiful day in Jeju-do. Not just any other beautiful day, today's my birthday! Today I have come of age and father has permitted me to go explore the shores. Of course, I have company with me, Ah-rong, my fish friend. Together, we swim raced to the shore. Obviously, I swim faster than her and when I got to our "finish line" I noticed that Ah-rong was nowhere to be found. Just a few meters away, I saw Ah-rong opening to get a taste of that orange colored food. Before I could scream "no" and stop her, she already took the whole treat and she was being pulled up to the surface. I was too late, the human has caught my friend. No, maybe I'm not too late because I ain't leaving this shore without my Ah-rong. The human was alone and so happy for catching a fish as I heard him say "Yes! I've caught my first fish of the day mansae mansae mansae yeah!" He has the sharpest features, he looked like more of those humans from the west and he seems just a few years older than me. I admit, he is handsome. 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

'Wait, focus Somi'... I thought as I closed my eyes 'get yourself together, come up with a plan'. As I opened my brown eyes, I knew it's time for Operation: Fish Rescue. The human had put Ah-rong in a red plastic box and threw his fishing tool back to the waters. He whistles as he waits patiently for another catch.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Using my powers, I commanded the waters to silently raise me up for me to get the red plastic box behind beautiful stranger. No way! Did I just call him 'beautiful'? Scratch that, okay Somi concentrate. As the red plastic box gets closer to my reach, I would glance at his back often. 'He has a wide back and broad shoulders' I thought. Just two more inches.... Yes! I smiled triumphantly and took the red box. I quietly brought myself to the other side and made sure that I'm unnoticed. The human has caught again another fish and as he turned with his fishing tool on his right hand and the fish on his left, he stood shocked in addition frozen seeing his box being held by an exquisite mermaid. His jaw was dropped and eyes widened. He blinked his eyes a little hard once... twice.... "Looking for this?" I said giving him the most mischievous and seductive smile. I opened the box and Ah-rong greeted me as she said "Somi-yaaaa!" I smiled widely, took her using my hand and dropped her back to the ocean waters. Then the human came back to his senses and shouted 'hey!' I threw the red box towards him. But when he had caught it, he lost his balance and fell on the ocean. After his splash, I gently got myself back to the waters where he had fell. His fishing tool was floating and so is his red box. The fish he had recently caught got away.

He is now underwater with me, the light shone on his face making him breathtakingly luminous and his brown locks floated smoothly. I swam closer to him and touched his face with both of my hands. His eyes widened due to my gesture and before he knew it, I kissed his lips. I'm kissing him and he is kissing me back, he even pulled my waist closer to him. I peeked with my right eye and yes he is kissing me with his eyes closed. I closed my eye to savor this strange addictive yet sweet taste. I have never kissed anyone on the lips before, he kissed me well. Sweet. Gentle. Plus, I got him on my lips and on my fingertips. As we were about to end the kiss, I was able to push ourselves back to the surface. We ended the kiss catching our breaths, on each other's arms and staring at each other's eyes. Ah-rong's voice brought me back to reality, she called me and said that we have to go. He was speechless, still staring at me. I gave him a sweet smile before giving him a quick peck on his yum yum lips. I went back underwater and swam away as fast as I could with Ah-rong catching up on my tail. My first kiss was from a human and I love it. Thinking about it makes me smile like crazy, best birthday EVER!