Epilogue

We Were Like A Dream

Soojung makes her way through the gate, a bouquet of white lilies on her hands. The morning breeze blows her hair and the long skirt she is wearing dances with the wind as her feet move on their own accord, taking her to the path she remembers all too well. The cemetery.

Her feet stop in front of a black stone planted on the ground, the name 'Kim Sunggyu' is engraved on it. She smiles. And without words her hands start working. She gets on her knees, taking out some dry leaves that are on the grave and placing the flower bouquet right below the tombstone.

“Good morning, oppa.” She said softly as she settles by the stone, hugging it with one of her hands while the other is brushing the dust off. “It's a beautiful morning, isn't it?” Soojung continued and another smile breaks on her face. She looks up to the sky, leaning her head on the hard surface.

“How are you up there?” The girl muttered as if she can see the other on the clear blue sky. “It's been 3 years now since you went to that place. I see that you're enjoying it up there since there's no sign of you returning here yet. Bad guy.” A soft chuckle escapes her lips, feeling her own rant funny. Soojung then sighs as she closes her eyes. “I miss you, you know.”

It's as if Sunggyu can hear her words and feel her heart, the wind suddenly blows so softly around her. A drop of tear falls on her cheek as she feels the breeze.

“Soojung-ah!” Soojung opens her eyes and wipe the tear away as she hears a familiar voice calling her name. She turns her head to the source and waves her hand, smiling widely.

“Dongwoo oppa! Come here!” the said male walks toward her as Soojung gets on her feet to stand, taking his hand as they are inches closer. “Gyu oppa, allow me to introduce Dongwoo oppa. He's...” Soojung paused as she looks at the other who is now beside her. “...my boyfriend.” she smiles softly at Dongwoo then turns her head back to look at Sunggyu's tomb.

“Hi, Sunggyu hyung.” the male said, waving his free hand awkwardly. “Soojung said you're older than me, so I guess I should call you that.” the said girl giggles, earning a glare from him. Soojung takes her hand off Dongwoo's to pat his back gently, encouraging him to continue.

“Soojung told me so much about you and it was really, really hard to finally make her say yes to me. She loves you a lot.” Dongwoo smiles, glancing at Soojung slightly. “You really did a great job taking care of her. I mean it. But now, allow me to fill in your position. I promise I will make her happy. You will always have a special place in her heart, I know that, and I will never try to burn that place off.” The male chuckles before he continues. “You will always be a part of her and that will make you a part of us, too. I really don't mind.”

Dongwoo reaches out to take Soojung's hand in his and lifts them up, as if showing it to Sunggyu. “I hope you'll give us your blessing.” he said, a wide grin on his face. Soojung looks to the tombstone and lets a gentle smile decorates her face.

“You will always be in my heart, oppa. No one can replace you. But life still goes on and I have to live mine. I hope you understand. I'm sure you do.” the girl chuckles softly. Another breeze blows gently, carrying flower petals around them before they land on Sunggyu's grave. One frangipani petal astrays on Dongwoo's shoulder. It doesn't go unnoticed by Soojung as she takes the petal and hold it toward the grave.

“I'll take this as a yes.” the shorter one of the two grins followed by a soft chuckle from the guy beside her. Lowering her body, she places the flower petal on the tombstone, caressing the stone gently before she whispers. “I will always, always love you, Gyu oppa.”

Dongwoo smiles. Soojung's whisper was loud enough for him to hear but he never one bit feels jealous of this Sunggyu guy. He knows they are both special for Soojung. The male then caresses the other's hair as she lifts her body up. His eyes are gentle and they reflects the love he has for her. The girl beside her smiles back at him and mutters a soft “let's go!”, earning her a nod.

Walking back to the car, Soojung glances back once again at Sunggyu's grave. She won't be coming here as often from now on, but she knows Sunggyu will always be around and she's sure of it.

 

 

Thank you, oppa, for always being there for me, even though I can no longer see you. I will never ever forget you. And even if one day my memory fails me, my heart will always remember. I will always be your baby soul and you will never be replaced.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hulo! Made the epilogue hehe

Sorry to break your gyusoul heart even more by coupling Soul with Dongwoo.

The Dino is like my bias in INFINITE and I think they'd look together, sooo....

Anyway! Hope you guys like this last piece of mine for this story.

Comment down below about what you think about it.

Toodles~