one

Lay My Heart To Rest

“Isn’t it so funny? Like there was this Tumblr post that said Libras are ‘cute lil fairies’, and of course, the first thing I thought of was Yixing because he’s like a fairy, you know? It’s actually so cool, these posts are so accurate—”

 

“Oh, really?”

 

“It’s his dimple, it’s definitely his dimple. You know, he only has one dimple on the right side of his cheek— his right, so our left— and when he smiles, it’s seriously impossible not to melt—”

 

“I know, you’ve told me before.”

 

“Like ugh I think if I met him in real life and he smiled at me, I would just disintegrate on the spot. Like I would literally be a puddle on the ground. His dimple is so precious, he is such a baby—”

 

Jongin bites his bottom lip, staring from under his eyelashes at his boyfriend. Kyungsoo still has his eyes glued to his  phone, using two fingers to zoom in repeatedly on different pictures and then show Jongin eagerly. Though their bodies sag into their bed with exhaustion, he babbles enthusiastically about the love of his life.

 

Jongin tries not to be bothered by the fact that Kyungsoo only looks away from Yixing’s face to make sure that his boyfriend is giving satisfactory reactions to the photos.

 

Ever since they entered high school, Kyungsoo has been in love with a Chinese celebrity named Zhang Yixing. At first, Jongin had been insanely jealous; he had been secretly in love with Kyungsoo since they were toddlers playing in the same daycare classroom. It became a little better after Kyungsoo accepted Jongin’s confession, and the two of them began dating. Now, the two of them are prominent celebrities in South Korea; Jongin debuted in an SM boy group, and Kyungsoo is a well-respected actor. One would think that, by now, Kyungsoo would have gotten over his celebrity crush. However, there are still moments when Jongin is concerned about who Kyungsoo loves more: him or Yixing.

 

With a groan, Jongin rolls over on his side to wrap his arms around Kyungsoo’s neck. He buries his neck into the softness of his boyfriend’s stomach, nipping at his stomach and then kissing the spot gently. “Less Yixing,” He grumbles. “More Jongin.”

 

As Jongin pulls Kyungsoo down underneath him and presses the curves of their bodies together, he fails to see Kyungsoo’s smirk.







 

Zhang Yixing is very handsome. Zhang Yixing is adorable when he smiles. Zhang Yixing is also, above all, painfully endearing, and Jongin can’t stop shooting him bitter glares when he isn’t looking.

 

But Jongin has never been very subtle, and Yixing comes over to him during their break.

 

“Here!” Yixing holds out his hand. Jongin obediently takes the small object into his own palm: a bottle of eye drops. “It looked like something was in your eyes. You were squinting a lot during practice.” He flashes him a dazzling smile— that ing dimple that ing— and floats away, a dreamy look on his beautiful face.

 

Jongin wants to scream.

 

But he just puts the drops into his eyes and sighs. He doesn’t want to see Yixing’s sweet baby eyes filling up with upset tears.

 

At this rate, Jongin is going to become a Xingmi too.

 

Darn Yixing for being so perfect.








 

Kyungsoo is waiting for Jongin at the door when he comes home.

 

“Well?” Kyungsoo demands, arms folded over his chest. He looks startlingly domestic today, a frilly pink apron tied around his waist and a spatula in one hand, but this only makes the murderous look on his face even more intimidating.

 

“‘Well?’” Jongin repeats, pausing in the middle of taking off his sneakers to look at Kyungsoo questioningly.

 

“Do you have something to tell me?” Kyungsoo asks, gritting his teeth.

 

Jongin stares at Kyungsoo for a full minute. “No…?” He answers uncertainly.

 

Kyungsoo puffs out his cheeks. “Your manager called. He left a voicemail for you on the home phone.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were doing a dance collaboration with Yixing?” Kyungsoo explodes, throwing his hands into the air. A bit of the egg from the spatula flies off and hits Jongin in the face. He yelps, wiping it off quickly.

 

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me this!” Kyungsoo rants, hands moving through the air in an attempt to express his fury. “You met Yixing, Zhang Yixing, my angel… and you didn’t tell me?”

 

“Is it that important?” Jongin asks through gritted teeth.

 

Kyungsoo lets out an angry huff of air. “I thought you cared about me more than this, Jongin. Really? Are you serious right now?”

 

Jongin’s eyes flash. “Are you serious, Kyungsoo? I’m your boyfriend. Did you forget that?”

 

Kyungsoo an eyebrow. “No?”

 

“Well, it seems that way! The only person you ever talk about is Yixing, Yixing this, Yixing that, Yixing is so wonderful blah blah blah—”

 

“That’s not true, stop exaggerating—”

 

“Well guess what? I met Yixing today, and he isn’t even that good-looking!” Lies. “He is also super mean,” More lies. “And his dimple is photoshopped!” Holy , Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo frowns. “You’re just jealous.”

 

Damn right, Jongin is jealous. But he would rather die than admit it, so he just yells instead. “The only person you care about is Yixing!”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous, Jongin—”

 

“I’m not being ridiculous!” Jongin stomps his foot on the ground... and then winces. Owww. That hurt a lot. He better go sit down. “I’m done talking to you!” Trying not to limp too much, he leaves huffily to their bedroom.

 

Jongin makes sure to slam the door so that he feels less pathetic. Then, he collapses on his bed and buries his face in his pillows. He is so lame. Zhang Yixing would never have hurt his foot during a petty fight with his boyfriend over a y celebrity.

 

Maybe Jongin should ask his manager for Yixing’s phone number. Yixing would know what to do in this situation.

 

Jongin sobs into his pillow. He wants a dimple on his right cheek.








 

It is twenty years later (the clock on their nightstand says twenty minutes, but Jongin is pretty sure that is wrong) when the door opens, and someone comes inside. That someone sits on the bed next to him. An ice pack is laid on Jongin’s swollen ankle, and he fights the urge to moan in relief. Maybe he didn’t hide the pain as well as he thought he did.

 

“I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo murmurs, rubbing soothing circles into Jongin’s calf. “I… I didn’t know you were that jealous about it.”

 

“I wasn’t jealous,” Jongin sulks.

 

“I guess… I took it too far,” Kyungsoo admits, completely ignoring Jongin.

 

Jongin lifts his head, confused. “Took what too far?”

 

Kyungsoo’s expression is uncomfortable, yet slightly amused. Like he is about to reveal a funny secret (and perhaps that is exactly what he is about to do). “I really like Yixing.”

 

“Stop,” Jongin groans.

 

“But,” Kyungsoo continues, grinning widely. “I don’t like him as much as I pretend I do.”

 

“What.”

 

Kyungsoo sniggers. “You’re really cute when you’re jealous, you know that?”

 

“I don’t get jealous,” Jongin denies vehemently.

 

“The gets better too.”

 

Jongin screams. “You used Yixing because you were ?”

 

“That sounds so wrong,” Kyungsoo deadpans.

 

“I can’t believe—” Jongin fists his hands into his hair. “You know I considered plastic surgery? For dimples? And not even two, just one, god—”

 

“You’re perfect as you are right now,” Kyungsoo says simply, patting Jongin on the cheek.

 

Jongin blushes deeply.

 

There is a nice lapse in conversation, in which Kyungsoo brushes back Jongin’s hair and the latter leans into his boyfriend’s touch, before Jongin picks up where they left off.  “So… you don’t like Yixing more than you like me?” Jongin asks, insecurity seeping through his words as he looks up at Kyungsoo with wide, imploring eyes.

 

Kyungsoo smiles at him. “My friend once told me that if I ever meet someone I love more than Yixing, then I should marry him.”

 

“... But we’re not married.”

 

Kyungsoo shrugs. He pulls Jongin up out of the bed. “We will be one day.”

 

“What?”

 

“Let’s go eat dinner,” Kyungsoo suggests, putting Jongin’s arm over his shoulder.

 

“What did you say about marriage?” Jongin pokes Kyungsoo in the cheek. “‘One day’? As in, Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo will be married ‘one day’?”

 

“Maybe if you stop poking me in the face.”

 

“What about ‘today’? Married ‘today’?”

 

“Jongin.”

 

“Okay, okay, I’ll stop.” Jongin smiles fondly at Kyungsoo.

 

Because what they have right now is enough for him.








 

The fans’ screams follow Yixing and Jongin off the stage. They accept the water bottles that are immediately offered to them, gulping it down and wiping off their sweat with the backs of their wrists. “Good job out there!” Yixing says cheerfully, pulling Jongin in for a slightly damp hug.

 

“You too,” Jongin replies, grinning broadly. He opens his mouth to say more; however, Yixing’s eyes stray from his face to a spot next to him. Jongin looks to his right to see his boyfriend shamelessly gawking at Yixing.

 

Kyungsoo ogles Yixing, his face slightly dazed, before turning to Jongin. An accusing frown slips on his pretty face. “His dimple isn’t photoshopped, you liar.”

 

“Yixing, this is my husband, Do Kyungsoo,” Jongin introduces them, his arm slipping naturally around Kyungsoo’s waist.

 

“Just fiancé, actually.” Kyungsoo winks at Yixing. “There is room for change.”

 

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin would like to claim that it came out as a firm, testosterone-filled rebuke, but it was actually closer to the whine of a twelve-year old girl.

 

“Just joking,” Kyungsoo sighs dramatically. “Hello, Yixing. I’ve had your life-sized poster in my room ever since your debut, but I am sadly taken by this dork right here.”

 

“Forever taken,” Jongin adds for good measure. “Like a blood contract level of ‘taken.’”

 

Yixing smiles, somehow unfazed by their oddness. “It is very nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. We should get coffee sometime.” Jongin notes that Kyungsoo is so happy that he looks constipated. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I just saw my friend!”

 

Yixing runs off, waving a hand in the air. “Jongdae-yah! Wait up!”

 

Jongin immediately perks up. “Jongdae? Like Kim Jongdae?” The excitement in his voice is unmistakable. “Oh my goodness, Kim Jongdae is so freaking hot oh my gosh his cheekbones—”


Kyungsoo yanks him back, eyes dark. “Don’t. Even. Start.”

 

 

---

i had to get this out of my system

i just love yixing too much /sobs

(gif is not mine. i tried finding who it belongs to, but couldn't ;A; please tell me if you know!)