Saying Hello

The Idol and the Photographer

My name is Park Minha. I am 19 years old, and I specialize in Photography. 

My uncle, Aka my dads younger brother, is the manager of the famous Kpop idols called Bangtan boys. Bts for short.

And I, well....Im his niece. 

I have just graduated school and decided to pursue in my careear of photography. You, not knowing my family, would think "What a great idea! Very creative and a great way to express yourself!"
But, Well...like I said... You dont know my family. 

Telling my dad about my sudden career move..he wasnt the happiest. He wanted me to go into law school for 10 years like him and my grandfather did. And anything my dad wants, he gets.......most of the time anyways. Being his only daughter with 3 older brothers, I have certain standards to live up to. Always getting straight A's, being on the academic team, learing the piano, and having to be taught 6 other languages by the age of 19 all took a lot of work. But in those 19 years I always had one thing I loved the most - Photography. 

I bet you're asking yourself.... "Why is she telling us her whole life story? just get on with it already!" and thats perfectly fine. I get it. So, lets skip to why I am touring the world for 2 months, shall we? 

Even though my dad is strict, he believes in dreams. It took a lot of convincing for him to come up with a deal that permitted me to test my hand in what I wanted to do most.

That deal was that I had 2 and a half months to get my name out there and become who i want to be. And if I failed, I would go to Law school at Harvard like my dad had planned for me. 

So that brings me to right now. The present, where I had just arrived to the Bangtan boys' hotel, as nervous as ever, with my Uncle to be introduced to the 7 guys I would be with for 2 and a half months. 

_______________________________

"Uncle, are you sure they are okay with this?" I asked nervously fumbling with the hem of my dress as I stepped into the elevator with my uncle. He nodded 

"Yes I am positive. And even if they werent, they will be. Its not like you're a new addition to the band, youre just the photographer."

"Who will be rooming with them!" I retaliated, narrowing my eyebrows. He just sighed and looked straight ahead. The elevator door opened on the 19th floor. I took a deep breath as I stepped out and followed my uncle, dragging my suitcases behind me with my camera bag strapped over my shoulder. We got to the end of a long hallway as my uncle knocked on the last door labled 301A. My heart spiked as anxiety washed over me.

The door opened, revealing a tall man with pink hair and dimples. I myself was considdered on the short side so it made the situation much more intimidating. Before even entering the room, I could hear chaos in the background. The man at the door spoke up 

"Ah! Manager! And you must be....." He said looking towards me. I bowed fastly 

"Minha, sir!" I heard him laugh and give a nod, a small smirk to his face as he stepped aside to let us in. I reajusted my strap on my back as I followed my uncle into the room close behind him, dragging my suitcases. He stopped and so did I, letting my suitcases rest beside me. He cleared his throat before yelling for everyone to come into the room. I watched as doors opened and guys came out from what seemed like no where, each seeming to have been occupied with something else. The pink haired guy stood beside me and the rest of the guys came out and made a circle. I ajusted my hat on my head as my uncle started to speak 

"Hello everyone. Im sure you know the reasoning for my being here as you see the girl beside me. This is my Niece, Minha. She is going to be your photographer for this tour. I want you all to treat her as you would treat eachother because she will be with you for the next two months. Please welcome her." He said, stepping aside so everyone could see me better. I bowed as each one of the members stared at me with a smile. I didnt feel as anxious greeting myself towards them as I did in the begining. 

My uncle spoke up 

"Okay, Well, Minha I will let you get better accquainted with BTS. You have my number if there is anything you need. See you tomorrow." He said as he bowed and walked out the door. I waved to him before the door shut and I turned around and it was suddenly a loud commotion of everyone talking to me at once. I widened my eyes, not being able to understand any of it jumbled together. Another tall member stepped forward to quiet them down and was immediatley listened to. He smiled at me and bowed

"Hello ~ My name is Seokjin. But here they call me Jin. I am the Eldest of the group. That is Namjoon, AKA Rap Monster our leader" He said pointing to the guy with pink hair beside me that smiled. "That is Jungkook. He is the youngest of the group and is also a vocalist." He said pointing towards a boy with a small smile and an iron man tanktop on. "Next to him Is Jimin. He is one of our lead vocalists next to Jungkook." He said nodding towards a boy with orange hair. He was the one i was closest to in height and he gave a warm smile to me. I returned it. "Next to him is Hosek, but his stage name is J-Hope. He is the lead dancer of BTS." He pointed at a boy with bown hair and a toothy smile. "And next to him are Taehyung and Yoongi aka V and Suga. Suga is a rapper and V is a singer." He said smiling down to me. I gave a warm smile to all of them as they started to speak up and ask questions.

Jin once again stepped in between, asking me if i would like to see my room and get settled in first and I nodded, my shoulder going numb from holding onto my heavy camera bag for so long. He smiled and had Namjoon take my bags to my room for me and show me what it looked like. I followed him as the rest of the members seemed to go back to doing what they were originally. The noise piped up again as I walked behind Namjoon. We reached a door next to a window labled as "Guest" I smiled as Namjoon opened it for me. The room was fairly big. It had a queen sized bed, a window view, a bathroom, and a big closet. 

"We hoped this would be okay for you. We knew you would be coming but had no idea what you would be like so we left it as it was." Namjoon said stepping aside to let me walk in. I smiled a toothy smile as I set my camera equiptment down with my suitcases and ran and jumped on the bed, forgetting i was in a fairly short dress. I pulled it down as i flopped onto the bed, making sure nothing came up as I heard Namjoons laugh from the door. 

"Ill leave you to it then. Ill tell the other members not to bother you as you get situated." He said bowing before closing my door.