001

Imposter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He is at the backstage of the Busan auditorium.Pacing relentlessly,hoping that the familiar back and forth movement would aid in realising his life towards a more predictable course. His friends all watch him from the corner of their eyes,worried. They were all hit, but he was the one most gravely injured of them all.Fatally wounded by the ultimate betrayal.Soon they get their cue,and they get into their stances,he feels the now-familiar  anxiety jetting through him that can only be imagined as the sixth sense one feels before their last moments alive.Like the last desperate(but hopeless) attempts of a fish trapped in a net,realising that it's too late for everything now and its final moments are near.

As they are being raised up on the platform he feels as if he is in a trance. Once on the stage, his pupils zero-out and cease to blink. His body temperature is suddenly ice cold. The chants from the ocean of fans which always used to drive him before suddenly feels stifling.one more person shouting ‘Kai’ or ‘Kim Jongin’ and he feels; he would collapse.He performs semi-automatically, and something is wrong. 

He is acting. He never acts on stage, even when it appears that he is, even when he’s dancing or delivering a verse. It is like the actions you have mastered over the years and you perform habitually without a thought.

Suddenly, he becomes highly self-aware, almost as if waking up from a dream. He began to move faster, more frantic, reckless- trying to shake it off- but all it began to create was silence. The amps, the cheers, all begins to fade.

And all that’s left is that one voice,the haunting embers from the memories that are still scaldingly hot.

 

FLASHBACK

It was from the news that they first came to know.Ironic really, considering that they were his bandmates.

“D.O Kyungsoo leaves EXO” scream all the websites.

“Look Suho hyung! Look what these no-do-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter