Reunited

Heiress

Chapter 1: Reunited
 

Park Jiyeon startled awake when her dog, Yoon, jumped on her, probably trying to save her from being late to school. She got up out of her bed to do her morning routines. She brushed her teeth, took a bath, dressed up in thirty minutes. It was earliest she did her morning routines. Are you wondering why she was hurrying?

Well, let her answer. Today is the first day of her school. Starting today, she's 1st year high school student. Some may not know the excitement of no longer being middle school student. But, she, Park Ji Yeon certainly knows excitement of it. After all, she's normal high school student.

Okay, not so normal. What is not normal about her, you ask? Well, it's because she's THE PARK JI YEON, the rich heiress to Park Group. There is not a single person living in South Korea who doesn't know her name.

She is that famous.

Sometimes, Ji Yeon finds it extremely annoying. Everywhere she goes, there's paparazzi. But, sometimes, she doesn't mind.

After all, she is from that family. It can't be helped.

When Ji Yeon went downstairs to have her breakfast, her father was already off to work. There were only her brother sitting by kitchen table eating his breakfast.

"Where's Mum?" asked she, as she sat down next to Seo Joon, her brother, and asking their housekeeper Jo Ah to prepare her breakfast.

"Upstairs in her room. She's sleeping."

Ji Yeon smiled. "Good. She has been working too much lately. What's with that new project and all."

Seo Joon nodded his head slowly, as if hesitating whatever to agree or not. But, in the end, he did agree. "Yes, she has been busy." he paused for a monet, " By the way, Ji Yeon, I heard some rather unsurprsing news. It seems that your boyfriend managed to throw away another million won last week. Unsuprisng, isn't it?"

"Do you think he will ever stop?"

Seo Joon seemed to think for a moment. "No, I don't think so. But, why would he? After all, you're pretty much same. Spending all that money on shopping."

"True." she replied, "Me and Myungsoo are same."

Truth really hurt. Ji Yeon didn't know any truthful words than that.


High school girls at her school were true gossipers. At least her friends were.

One thing happened that was worth mentioning, the whole school knew it. And the sorce of that gossip? Her friend, Eun Jung. She is really social. She's always talking and gossiping and giggling. Truth to be told, even though she's her friend, she was pretty much the most annoying person she has ever met.

And that was saying something. Because, she met many annoying people.

Deciding that it was now time to escape from being questioned all that stuff about how she spent her summer holiday or how many new dresses are there in her wardrobe, she fled, trying to look as casually as possible despite all annoyance she felt towards her so called friends. She thought her escape was pretty successful until she bumped into someone.

"Sorry." that someone told her. Ji Yeon paused for a moment to think. Because, that voice sounded so familiar. Too familiar. Like someone from long ago. Someone she knew well. Someone whose name is...

"Seung Ho."

She thought she was gong to cry.