Unexpected Encounter

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was having fun, greetings here and there. Laughing here and teasing Kwangsoo. The night is full of laughter, indeed a party. After the guests have all arrive except for Joong Ki who texted Kwangsoo that he will be cominga little late due to some unavoidable circumstances. The little program has started with Yoo Jae Suk as MC of the night. Every body laughed the way he teased the celebrant. There were some gag show that were presented by Kwangsoo' s friends. After laughters and teasings, Jung Eunji was called in the middle to sing for him.

 

"Annyeonghasseoyo yoreobun..I'm Jung Eunji. Kwangsoo oppa, happy birthday..you're getting old again..go get a girlfriend." Eunji said and cracked a joke.It was a lame joke but everyone laughed and agreed to her giving her  thumbs up and other patted Kwangsoo's shoulder. 

 

"Yahh..Eunjiyah. I have so many girls around me." He yelled on his seat pretending to defend himself.

 

"Yes oppa but none of them is your girlfriend." Eunji said caused everyone to laughed and clapped their hands. 

 

"I'll sing a sad song for you oppa..to remind you that you really need to get a girlfriend now." She winked at Kwangsoo and he smiled shyly.

 

"Awh this girl is really something." Kwangsoo said while shaking his head shyly.

 

The ballroom' s air suddenly changed its mood with the music and the voice that engulfed it. So refreshing. So beautiful. So relaxing. Everyone was in awe..swaying their hands in the air following the rhythm. Just in time, Joong Ki was in the main door and about to enter. He paused upon hearing the voice. He slightly opened the door and peeked inside.Every body's attention was on the lady at the center singing a beautiful song. Joong Ki was trying to recognise her but he wasn't sure if he knew her. He stood at the door for a while, listening to her voice. He can't believe it's a live song. Her voice is so angelic and watching all the people inside focused on her,  they felt the charm of her voice too. And as for him, he was definitely mesmerised by her voice. His heart is thumping fast and hard. When the song indeed, he didn't know that his eyes were closed. He was leaning on the door jam while holding the door knob. He was flustered when someone twist the knob and opend the door.

 

"Ohh..hyung, good evening. Am I too late?" Joong Ki greeted HaHa who was at the door.

 

"Yahh..you're late. Come inside or Kwangsoo will kill you. I want to go to washroom but let's go inside first." HaHa said tapping his shoulder. 

 

They went straight to Kwangsoo and he vowed at every guest they passed by with. The girls are clapping their hands excitingly when they saw him.

 

"Yah..JoongKi..why are you late on my birthday?" Kwangsoo said who stood up and hugged him.

"I'm sorry Bro. Happy birthday ". And he greeted everyone but his eyes are roaming around looking for a familiar face.

 

"Come sit here." Kwangsoo offered the vacant seat beside him.And the program continued. After that little short program. The cake was brought to the center making everyone stood up to sing birthday song. Kwangsoo was sobbing because he was overwhelmed by the love of his friends in the industry. 

Joong Ki was happily singing and cheering with Kwangsoo but his eyes were looking around again. 

"Where was that lady? " He asked himself.

Kwangsoo blew up the candles and they clapped.

"Yah Eunjiyah..I have wished that I could have a girlfriend this year. Are you satisfied now?" Kwangsoo was talking at the girl beside him. Joong Ki was laughing and look at the girl Kwangsoo was talking with. And to his surprised,  she is the girl he'd been looking for the entire time. Eunji? Is Eunji her name? While looking at her, she looked up at Kwangsoo and laughed. Joong Ki's heart beats fast upon seeing those pretty eyes. Wow. .she has pretty eye smile. He thought.

Jung Eunji then whispered something to Kwangsoo, and Kwangsoo nodded his head. He then said something to her that was inaudible. Joong Ki thought that his bestfriend is close to her but how come he never knew about it? 

Eunji then vowed to the people around waving goodbye. 

 

" Where is she going?" Joong Ki can't help but asked.

 

"Who? Eunji? Ahh she has another schedule tonight. She is really amazing right? She inserted this party on her busy schedule. I was so touched. She is a very loyal person." 

"Ahh I see. Is she a celebrity too. I mean singer?" 

" You don't know her? Ahh Joong Kiah..you have been out in the industry for a while since your enlistment. I understand.  She is popular these days with her music. If you were here early, you would have listened to her voice. She sang a while ago. And her voice was so angelic." 

 

"Ahh..Really?"

 

"She's even very pretty. A perfect combination."

 

" What's her name again?"

 

"Jung Eunji. You should listen to some of her songs. I'm sure you'll get goosebumps. That's the power of her voice. "

 

"You like her, don't you? Haha..you're all praises to her." Joong Ki said but deep inside he wished his friend would denied it.

 

"Well..sort of..yeah..I like her but I'm just like an older brother to her. So I just draw my line. It's better that way. But she's really likable you know. I'll introduce you to her? She is also an actress..and very good one too."

 

Joong Ki felt relieved upon hearing those words and got excited.

 

"She can act too? Wow..daebak..she's all around. Interesting!"

 

"Now I got you interested.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter