PROLOGUE

OBSESSED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whoops the poster isn't ready yet!

Enjoy reading the prologue! Peace!

 

“*Yah Jongin! Are you deaf or what?”

Jongin did not budge from his bed at all although his name was being called repeatedly by his second oldest sister, Jungah, making the lady pissed off. All he did was humming or just exclaim, “What?” or “Yes?”. Not to mention, he was too focused on playing his favorite game on his phone so that was why. His back was rested on the pillow on the head of the bed, getting all comfortable to play a deadly game.

“If you don’t wish to eat tonight, don’t come down or else I’ll choke you to death!” the fierce Jungah warned before heading back from facing the stairs to the kitchen.

Upon hearing that, Jongin groaned in a mad tone and at last, he sat up hesitantly. Just as his right foot stepped on the carpeted floor, his ears caught a sound of loud bang coming just from a building right next to his family house. Without waiting any longer, he stood up and stepped closely to the window. His eyes landed on the window of the building right next to him. He narrowed his eyes to examine what had really happened from their neighbor’s house. Actually, he didn’t really need to narrow his eyes for the scene from there could clearly be seen from where he stood right now.

And not that he actually wanted to peep inside someone else’s room (which specially a female), he was just curious and moreover, the other party’s window curtains were not closed so who was there to be blamed?

Jongin kept staring at the window right in front of him, and a familiar teenage girl was seen heading to a bed with light green bed sheet on─her bed. Then the girl threw herself onto the bed. It was as if she was letting go of all of her feelings right there. Just looking at the body gestures could make him assume that. However, the girl’s face couldn’t be reached to his eye sight so he didn’t know her expressions.

Unconsciously smiling to the sight of it, Jongin mutters. “Same old day, I guess.”

“KIM JONG IN!”

Snap out of it! The bomb was about to explode any soon so he’d better get down in an instant to survive living at this zoo.

Jongin spent a last stare to the girl next door before making ways to downstairs.

 

*Hey (only used in informal ways, not used to speak to older ones/respected ones)

 

I placed the last plate into the racks before running to upstairs. Upon reaching my bedroom, after giving a harsh slam while closing the door, my feet hurriedly made their own way to the bed before I threw myself onto it, letting out a heavy sigh as my body started relaxing. My whole physical was aching, feeling tired─tired from all the chores I’ve been asked to do.

Breathing in deeply, I spread my arms widely on the queen sized bed and smiled.

It’s alright. I’m used to this. I’m used to this. I mentally motivated myself as I put my palm on my chest and patting it softly.

After calming myself for about a minute, I didn’t realize that my eyelids felt so heavy. I was sleepy, so rather than fighting it, I’d better sleep. It’d not be a big of a problem if I only take a sleep for a while, I guess?

Without letting any more thoughts bother my mind, my eyelids slowly closed shut.

“*Eomma, please don’t do this to me and **appa!” I shouted to my own mom who was busy packing her luggage. The tears wouldn’t want to stop rolling down my cheeks even if I wanted to.

“Stop begging me like there is no tomorrow, Hyo. I’ll still go no matter how you ask me not to!” without spending even a glance at me, my mom said that. She started zipping her luggage after all done. Before that, there was a small picture frame on the book shelf not far from where we were and I could see the way mom stared at it. Deep, full of sadness, and fear. It was our family photo which we took just a few months ago at Fuji Mountain. And it was probably our last family photo in my entire life.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter