Colors

Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with a shock and drenched in sweat. My eyes opened to only see the black that’s surrounded me, the same black that was to remind me I’m almost fully blind. I tried reaching for the lamp beside my bed but a firm arm held me by their side. 

‘”What’re you doing up at 5 A.M? What did you dream about?” 

His deep and husky voice brought me closer to him as I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled closer to his chest. Then his strong arms went around my waist and tangled our legs together. I kept my face deep into his chest as I felt him look down upon me. 

“Babe, I’m not always gonna know what’s happening in that pretty brain of yours. You’ve gotta tell me.” 

I sighed, “I was dreaming in color, and it felt so real. I dreamed that I could see more than black and white. I dreamed that I could differentiate the colors of the sun from the moon. I dreamed that I could see you...” 

I played with the hairs on the back of his neck, “Everything slowly started draining, and it was as if every flower, chair, person and building slowly started to fade away to the bases of black and white. They became shadows, shadows that would haunt me and remind me that I can’t see the red of roses or the bluest skies. , I don’t even know what red, blue, or what grey even looks like!”

Yongguk started to my hair and rub the small of my back. My breaths were starting to get heavier and I knew the tears would eventually fall but I tried my best to keep them in. Everything was going by in a fast blur. I couldn’t see the morning white that would shine through my curtains. I was engulfed by the strong scent of dark musk and slight lavender. 

“I - I - I’m so dumb! I’m not even completely blind and yet I’m complaining about colors! What right do I have t - t - to even rant about my loss sense of colors!? I’m so stupid” I furiously sobbed and whimpered into his chest about my hopelessness. What overwhelming feelings to have at five in the morning.

“I - I - I’m sorry, I’ll get over this. I’m sorry I woke you up, just go back to sleep and I’ll just deal with this.” 

I tried to turn around but I felt him sit up, “Babe, come on, get up. We’re gonna talk about this now.” 

I was reluctant to his request.

“Fine if you wanna be like that.” He just poked my sides but then he started to tickle me. “If you don’t get up now then I won’t ever stop tickling you!”

I cried to tears of pain and joy from him tickling me. My body cringe on the spot as I laughed when he tickled me until I got up. His laughter when he saw me act like this was beautiful and I could feel his smile. “Okay! Okay! I’m up!”

I could slightly see the outline of a smile and eyes of concern drawn on his self-satisfied face. “You are not dumb or stupid for dreaming and hoping to see color even if there are others who are completely blind. You don’t have to apologize about waking me up to express how upset you are. You can cry to me when you want. You can rant to me all you want. You can call me dumb or stupid because I can’t completely know how you feel. Just because you’re problems don’t seem big enough for the world doesn’t mean it loses its significance as a problem. I love you and I just want you to tell me your problems without thinking that you’ll be a burden because you aren’t! I-”

I jumped on him. I should the luckiest person in the world to have someone like him love and care for me. I’m so thankful to have someone in my life that loves me like him. 

I dug my face into his neck and whispered, “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much for loving and dealing with me. I love you so much words can’t even describe how much the fire in my heart burns for you or how breathless you make me feel with every kiss. Oh God I love you so much.”

We kissed each other and I don’t think I’ve ever felt something as beautiful as this.

“Now let’s get up and go on an adventure.”

“I thought we were just gonna stay in and watch some Running Man!” I whined to him.

He smiled mischievously, “I have a better plan baby. Just wait and you’ll love it”

“Mhm, you know love is a very strong word.”

“Yeah, I know, it’s what you use after “I” and before “you.” You say it to me every day!” As he said before he went out to the bathroom.

“I rolled my eyes as I followed him. I wake up to this every morning…how lucky am I? Very.

-

After I got out the bathroom I picked out my outfit which was (I’m assuming), white shorts with a black top and white cardigan. I looked at myself in the mirror, satisfied with my hair in a messy bun and a face with no makeup. I headed downstairs with my small backpack for the so called adventure.

I went into the kitchen and prepared myself with coffee, Yongguk said coffee was brown. He said it’s similar to his hair and describe coffee brown as a warm color. I have an image but I don’t think I can imagine things I’ve never seen.

“Love, are you ready?”

He was dressed in jeans and t-shirt with sunglasses. His hair slightly wet from the shower but he gave off a fresh smell of morning musk.

“Ready for this so called adventure? Most likely.” I replied sassily as he held out his arm waiting for me to be under.

We walked downstairs and out of the apartment building. Heading downtown we just walked in silence, sharing the warm colored coffee I made.

It was so peaceful until the playful side of me started to come out, “…making MY WAY DOWNTOWN. WALKING FAST. FACES PASS…”

I smiled singing (more like screeching) this song out and skipping while holding his hand. I looked back hoping that he’ll sing along but I all I saw was a stoic expression. Nevertheless I kept swinging out hands back and forth while skipping. When I reached the chorus I was pulled back and Yongguk had his arm wrapped around my waist as he smiled and started singing, “AND I NEED YOU. AND I MISS YOU. AND NOW I WONDER...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter