Du Du Du

Shinhwa 18th Anniversary One-Shots

Title         : Du Du Du

Author      : tsumoru

Pairing     : woodong

Genre      : fluffy, cheesy, extreme mushy

Summary : Dong Wan was on a trip but someone unexpected showed up. What should he expect from the guy who put his heart up and down all these years?

 

Dong Wan's POV


I stared blankly out of the window. The views were great and beautiful but my mind was not into it. I rested my chin on my palm and leaned myself to the window. I should have enjoyed the view but it was moving. I could see trees were waving to me, blue sky greeted my eyes with its elegance and not to mention all the cute animals were trying to figure out what disturbed their lives. I chuckled when I see a deer jumped when the train passed its herd.


I had decided that I needed some time to free my mind from the unnecessary loads. That was the main purpose of this secret trip. I want to escape from the busy life and focused on relaxing. It worked well until ‘he’ invaded my peaceful brain. I sighed. It was for the nth time I let out loud breaths. Even when I was immersed in looking at the green paddy field, his image appeared out of nowhere.


"Min woo, I miss you", I said what came in my mind.


The truth is my mind was clouded with a person named Min Woo. He was my best friend. Yes... "Was". We used to be so close, no one could ever separate us two but one day, things had gotten wrong. I did not know what made he avoided me and I treated him the same way. It was like he had lost interest in me. We were getting further apart and I did not think we could patch up our relationship back. We still talked, making jokes to each other but I could feel he was distancing himself from me.


The outside view was not amusing anymore as Minwoo successfully conquered my mind. I was so immersed in my longing for Min Woo not till suddenly, I felt a hand landed on my shoulder. I turned my head slowly, fearing I would be robbed in the train.


"Hi!” a familiar smile greeted me.


I was shocked. I was thinking of him a moment ago and suddenly he appeared in front of me! However, it did not make me feel better. Thus, I pushed his hand off me.


"What are you doing here?” I gave him a confused look.


Without my consent, he sat on the seat next to me. He answered me with a smile and that did not satisfy me. The smile was beautiful though.


"Min woo, I said, what are you doing here?” he only shrugged the question off by reaching his hand to my food.


"Hey! That’s my chocolate!” I said and protected it from him.


I distanced myself from him but how far could I go? I was trapped between window and him and that was not fair!!


"Let me have it too!” he whined like a 5 year old kid.


He was like trying to be what we were used to be but how it was possible for me? It was too sudden.


"What’s wrong with you?” I gave him a weird stare.


"I want it too. I'm hungry”, he made a cute pout.


There! His old habit came again. Stealing food when he said he didn't want it. But in this case, he didn't buy it by his own. Why he had to take mine? He knows that I hate that in the first place!


"Buy it on your own!” I intentionally nagged.


He just smirked and leaned toward me to whisper,


"I love stealing food from you", his hand successfully took my chocolate as I went dumbfounded with his sudden closeness.


"I...I....” I stuttered.


In the end I gave up. I shared what I had him including my Choco pie. He munched them happily and kept looking at me while he was eating.


And then, I started to feel it. My dizziness was starting to occur. I have a severe vehicle sickness. If I am not the one who is driving, usually I would sleep to avoid the symptom. I held my head in my hand and that somehow triggered Min Woo’s concern.


"Wannie, are you okay?” he asked while patting my back.  Wait! That name!


Why he had to use that name again? After all this while, he called me Dong Wan, my full name. I wish I could say I was not but his touches soothed me. I felt like we were going back what we were used to be. Best friends...Yes... Best friends.


"I'm okay", I tried to push him away, not wanting to raise hope.


"I just need some air", I continued as I stood up but that was a wrong step.


The sudden blood rush made me stumble and for my unfortunate, my knee gave in and I accidentally landed on his lap.


"Wannie!” he sounded so worried.


He immediately pulled me into his embrace and held me close.


"You don’t look okay to me. Stay here while I am getting some help", he said and wanted to get up.


Without me realizing it, I pulled him down and leaned my head on his shoulder.


"No. You stay here too. I'll be fine here", I cooed as my hand caressed his chest to make the point of 'here' clearly.


Obediently, he settled down and held me tighter.


"Wannie, you are so cute", he brought his face closer to mine and nuzzled our nose together.


 I blushed for that. I could feel my cheeks were getting hotter.


"Min Woo....” I closed my eyes and rested on his comfortable lap.


 Because of his warmth, I felt so calm and that drifted me into sleep.


"Dong Wan, wake up!” I felt someone shook my body slowly.


When my ears caught what he called me, I pretended to be still asleep. I wanted him to call me the other name. The one I treasure the most.


"Dong wan! We are nearly there! Wake up already!” he said.


"Call me Wannie. Call me Wannie again", I thought to myself.


"Dong wan! Seriously! We are going to miss the terminal!!” he violently shook my body.


I peeked from my ‘closed’ eyes and truly enough, I nearly missed my destination. I was shocked and got up immediately, preparing to get down. I grabbed all my things and waited for the door to open but something suddenly bothered me.


How did he know?


I did not tell anybody about this little trip. How did he know about my destination?


In rush, I turned my head to look back at him but another surprise greeted me. He was gone! He was not on the seat where I thought he should be. Before I got to a deep thinking, the door opened and I had to step out of the train. I sighed.


"It's must be a dream because I miss him too much" I told to myself.


Thinking of that made my eyes glimmering with tears.

 

"Of course. Why would he be here?” I slumped myself to a near bench.


I put my face in my hands and cried silently there. It was sorrowful for me as I thought I would not meet him again. It was all a dream. I missed him too much. Was this how it felt to miss a close friend?


After a few minutes, I was ready to go when out of sudden; I was being pulled into a hug. A familiar warm hug.


"Dong Wan! You are here! I've been looking for you!” the hugger said to me.


When I admitted his presence, I could not help but to hug him back. The stopped tears were threatening to come out again. I placed my chin on his shoulder. I did not even understand how I became a crybaby just because I did not see him.


"Min Woo!” I could not say anything else. I did not care whether it was a dream or not but all I wanted was only him.


"Dong Wan...” he rubbed my back. His voice was so soft.


"Call me Wannie...again...” I requested. I could feel him nodded on my shoulder.


"If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up!” I hugged him tighter.


I think he was astonished hearing my absurd talking.


"Wannie...” this time, he lifted me up.


"Let’s go to the accommodation place", he said near my ears.


To be honest, I was embarrassed by the fact he was carrying me in public. I hid my face on his neck and rested there for a while. He continued to carry me after he ordered valets to take our belongings to the taxi.


In the car, there was nothing to be said. I still thought that it was a dream so; I decided to only stare his handsome face. Sometimes, I gave him a peck on the cheeks. He only smiled to me as he intertwined our hands together. When we reached the hotel, he helped me carrying out the bags. He smiled when our hands touched each other but I quickly pulled it away. It was real! The touches! This was not a dream! It never was!


I went back to my cautious self again the moment I realized it was not a dream. I felt weird too as soon as my eyes caught my reserved hotel. The question rose again in my brain and I guessed it showed in my face. He saw the changes and laughed a little while looking dreamily at me.


"I think I owed you an explanation", he waited for me to move.


Again, I was in stupor. This is my trip, my plan, my holiday. How could he know about all of these?


"Wannie~", he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the hotel. My planned hotel! I was in the blank state until we reached the reception section.


"Sir, how many rooms do you want to use?” the clerk's voice brought me out of my trance.


I felt stupid out of sudden and pulled my hand away from Min Woo's. I don't want him to decide what I would do and not in my own planned trip.


"Two"


"One", we said at the same time.


The clerk was looking at both of us confused. I gave Min Woo a glare. Why he only needed one? There were the two of us!


"Just one, please", he cut me short from arguing as he spoke to the clerk.


He landed his loving gaze on me and I was mesmerized in his eyes. Once more, he used the chance to control me and dragged me to the room that we reserved as I refused to move from the spot.


As we entered the room, he smiled and walked me to the couch there before proceeding to close the door. I found myself again as I heard the door clicked. It was so confusing to me. At one time, he wanted me but another time, he pushed me away.


"What's the meaning of this, Min Woo?” I stressed his name.


I think I was a little bit mad as it didn't go like what I've planned for my trip. According to my schedule, I was supposed to shower and starting to prepare for hiking. And confused by Min Woo’s action did not help me to calm down.


"Wannie...” he took a deep breath and took a sit beside me.


"For all these years, you were distancing yourself from me. You were avoiding me, Min Woo, but today, out of nowhere, you popped out in the train and then acting lovey dovey to me. How you are going to explain to me about this, Min Woo?” I demanded.


He stayed silent but his hand crawled to mine and held it into his.


"The reason why I was like that is because I started to have feelings to you", he said with a slow voice but my ears still could catch word by word.


"You do know how our society reacted to man - man relationship so; I thought I wanted to fix myself. And for that, I needed to get away from you", he stopped for a while to arrange his words.


"I dated girls, woman, ladies, whatever u called it, but not a single one could make me erase my feelings to you. It kept getting stronger day by day. Sometimes, when I lost to my own feelings, that was when I acted very close to you but when I snapped myself, I would change back to a cold person.”


"Min Woo... you ... how ...” I gasp for words. I did not expect a love confession from him.


He continued as he saw how speechless I was.


"I know it sounds absurd but I could not hold it anymore. I don't care if you don't love me back, but I needed you to know that I love you. I love you. I love you, Wannie", he ended his speech.


He bored his eyes on me and found my eyes. We looked at each other and in his sphere of gaze, I could see how deep his love. He was not lying. His eyes were b in tears for who knows the reason and I thought at the moment, I should be the one who wiped all his sadness away.


“Min Woo…” I took him into my embrace. At that second, I felt some knots were being untied. The disturbed mind was back to be in peaceful state. Is this really how a best friend means to me? Eric, Jun Jin, Hyesung and Andy are my best friends too but they never made me felt like I was longing for them. Min Woo was different. It was not best friends, it was love. It took me only a few minutes to figure that out while I was suffering in confusion for so many years.


“I love you too”, I whispered at his ears. I could feel his lips were forming a smile from his relieved breath. I felt so loved to have him in my embrace but something popped out in my mind and I pulled away from the hug.


“How do you know?” I asked him while holding his arms.


“Know what?” he asked me back.


“About this secret trip”, I caressed his cheeks. It felt natural to do that. To have him near me. He did not get to answer me as the door was being unlocked from the outside.

 

 

“SURPRISE!!!” the door was opened and revealed another four members of Shinhwa barged in the room.


“Hyung~~~ did u make it?” Jun Jin entered with a bottle of wine in his hands and when he saw our closeness, he smiled widely. He sat himself on the floor while looking at us hazily.


“Why you are here too?” I asked curiously. I wanted to stand up but was held tightly by Min Woo. The said name gave me his eye smile.


“Eeeeyyyyyyy…hyung. We need to be here to celebrate a happy occasion~~” Andy approached me and hugged me lightly before he arranged the wine glasses on the table. There were six glasses. I counted the glasses when I heard,


“Dong Wan-ah, just for your information, it was not me who planned this. Blame the leader”, Hyesung told me while pointing his finger to Eric.


“A plan? What do you mean?” I acquired.


Eric settled himself on the sofa and hopped on it.


“Waaahh…this is so soft”, the leader was checking how the sofa was. I was forever speechless for his 4d-ness.


“Eric?” I looked at him boringly. If it was from him, it made sense.


He was unexpected. Probably, he stalked me and investigated my diary to know about my entire trip.


“It is like what you are thinking, Dong Wan but…!” Eric got up and knuckled my head.


“AWW! Hey! What was that for?” I said.


Min Woo rubbed the painful spot while saying,


“How could you plan a trip on Shinhwa’s birthday? We should be together on this important day”


“I know, right? That is why we planned this, Dong Wan. We won’t celebrate this without you. If you run away, we will chase you”, Eric calmly said.


“All the tabs on you, Dong Wan hyung”, Andy said when he gave me the receipt of their expenditures.


A long list that made my eyes went wide. I looked at each one of them and became speechless of the amount.


“Happy Shinhwa anniversary, hyung!” Jun Jin chirped and poured the wine.


Looking at my reaction, Min Woo laughed.


“That’s how you are going to pay us”, he said and hugged me. He kissed me on the cheeks but I could not bother with it as I saw the exact amount.


“1,000,000 million Won? Guys!” I could feel my blood pressure was raising.


“Like I said, blame the leader. He was responsible for that”, Hyesung let out a small laugh after that.


He too, joined Jun Jin in drinking the wine which I believed was the most expensive one.


“Happy Shinhwa anniversary, Dong Wan!” Eric and Hyesung raised their glasses.


“And it would be our anniversary too”, Min Woo pulled the blank me closer to him.


I gained my love but I nearly lost my soul. They really know how to ‘kill’ me. Despite that,


“Shinhwa is not a choice but Destiny”

Click on this link to leave comments for TSUMORU