Skate With A Klutz

Hello Winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I leaned against my car that parked in front of a building, a place where lots of people came here to learn, admiring my pretty painted nails--ugh, unfortunately one of them was peeled off a bit because of little accident at the airport. You know, sometimes first-class seaters don't deserve to be one.

I didn't plan to go back here, I was about to spend my holiday with my sister Jessica, UNTIL she decided to back out last minutes, leaving me alone in New York. Yeah but I could accept her excuse because apparently she had business appointment with her brand. Though I complaint and she apologized with her sad puppy eyes and promised that she would accompany me shopping in three midnight sale onward, oh well.

So, rather than have nowhere to go during holiday and nothing is more pathetic than that, I decided to booked a flight to Seoul. I have a specific person in mind.

If I'm not mistaken, today should be the last day of school after the final exams which made your head explode, were done. Now was the time for winter holiday! Means Christmas, colorful presents under the Christmas tree, and snow. You can feel the white Christmas aura everywhere you see; thick snow piled up under the windows, snow covered big oak trees around the city and snow has made Seoul city like a big white city inside a glass ball that they sell in the gift shop.

Suddenly, people come out of the building like there is no tomorrow, probably they wanted to get home as fast as they can to felt the warmth of a blanket and a cup of coffee served at home. I stood straight, dusted off my coat as I looked around for a certain someone but then I stopped... Wait, am I getting nervous? I supposed to look casual, enjoyed the sight of his surprised face when saw me here and—

"Soojung?"

I lifted my head and found myself standing face to face with him. Yes, Kim Jongin, aka my best friend and the guy who gave me a voice note of his farewell message at the airport six months ago. My partner in high school, more like partner in crime to be honest but that's just a detail. The only one person that came into my mind when my sister suddenly cancelled our plan and caused me to be right here at this point.

"What the heck are you doing here?" His voice was a bit gruff, clearly because he’s still in state shock and couldn't believe the situation he's in. He wore a black hoodie, ripped jeans and sneakers. He doesn't look any different if that's possible.

I flashed my brightest smile at him. "Surprising you."

He's still staring at me as if he didn't know what to do or say. Until he stopped staring like I was a rare species on earth and said. "Okay."

"You don't look too happy to see me," I commented, half kidding, half disappointed.

He gave me a rare small smile of his then answered, "Trust me, I am."

And trust me, this is not my ideal kind of date. Enjoyed hotdog from a small stand, walked on the pedestrian while sipping a hot latte? And stood there gazing at a Christmas lights on the window display at a boutique without shopping? In winter where the temperature was below zero and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter