Ch1. - I'm Luhan

Sweet Wallflowers

He walked carelessly through the entrance of the academy, a large black gate captured his attention as he thought this must have been a fancy school. Not so far off front, an old-looking water fountain sat in the centre of the courtyard, this was in fact a vast place. He glanced around here and there, but tensed up a little as students passed by whispering among themselves as they didn't know of this unfamiliar face.

Today was Luhan's showtime, first day in a Korean high school. Things were pretty similar to Chinese high schools, so it wasn't much of a hassle. It's already been about a month since Luhan had moved all the way from Beijing to Korea's Seoul. Things were different and needed time to gradually get use to, but he was fine with it - he had to be fine with it, because it was all in fact parents' idea.

The big shift was due to his father's job of course. Although Luhan had an older sister and younger sister, his whole family (Father, mother, sisters) couldn't all move to Korea. 
1. His older sister 
- had already started studying for her degree in the University of Beijing and she couldn't stop half way and just move to a new/different university. 
2. His younger sister 
- was still in primary school and they didn't want to move her this early because of the huge learning and language change. 
So the only option was Luhan, their 'average of 90% for all subjects' child and only Korean speaking son to move Korea with him.

Luhan's father was always on his job and they rarely saw each other. In fact he doesn't live with Luhan, he stays at a rented hotel apartment which is a 10 minute drive from his company. It was better than to drive almost 1 hour a day to the company, so it was for good.

If your wondering why Luhan is staying in Korea even though he doesn't see his father, the main reason is because the house he is living in is his parents old house when they were living for a period of time. Originally they were going to settle in Korea, but they changed their minds and headed back to China. Since the house had not been lived in for about 15 years, neighbours have stared to complain that if no one where to live in the house, why not demolish it or sell it to someone who needs it... so right now Luhan is to live there until things get better.

Back to reality...

Luhan had been wondering around the school for awhile, touching every object he would find interesting (everything), whilst trying to magically end up finding his class out of no where. He was kind of embarrassed to go ask someone and thought it would be awkward, but he muffled up his courage and asked a boy passing by.

"Um, excuse..." Luhan said to the boy leaning towards him to indicate he was speaking to them not someone else.

"Eh, yes?" The boy with the black rimmed glasses and straight face replied, but with a slightly shy embarrassed tone through his voice.

"I'm new here, would you know where L2 is? That's my class apparently." He replied, showing a little smile to tell them that he was not going 'to bite'.

"Oh.. I'm in that class. So your the new student. Um, well, nice to meet you. I'm Oh Sehun. I'll show you where the classroom is." He bowed and then started to walk, "This way."

"Ah, my name is Luhan. I just came from Beijing, China..." Luhan introduced as he tried to not make things any more awkward, but it wasn't working.

Sehun replied, "I see... Korea, is it different?"

"Not quite, but they do have their differences." He chucked to try and set a light, friendly mood, but once again, it didn't work out.

Luhan didn't even try and bother contiuning the conversation, it was too boring and sappy, so he just stayed slient the whole trip.

After a couple of seconds to about a minute, Sehun had broke the slience, "Um, we are here." He mummbled as he avoided making eye contact with Luhan.

It was quite strange, but Luhan brushed it off, "Oh thank you Sehun for your help!"

But the boy didn't reply so Luhan went on his own and opened the classdoor.

Suddenly, a flying whiteboard duster went flying out the door. "Dammit I missed." A voice called out.

"Oh Sehun's here everyone~" A girl sitting on her desk shouted to everyone. She looked kind of weird and had a 'powerful' sense around her, like the 'Mean Girl's Regina' but Korean.

"Sehun! My buddy, didn't see you there." A boy called Sehun as he jumped off a chair and swung his arm around Sehun. 

Sehun brushed off his arm and entered the classroom.

"Aish, doesn't know jokes, what a ." The boy said then brushed his hand over his hair. His attention soon switched to Luhan as he had been standing there for quite a while, dazed in wonder as if was this really how schools in Korea were like? He didn't know, but he certainly didn't want them to be like this.

The boy glanced at him up and down, "Who are you? What are you looking at, huh?" He said in a commanding tone.

"Eh, I'm the new transfer student..." Luhan replied.

"Oh! Transfer! Well, your pretty good-looking, wanna join my gang? My name is Kim Jongin, I bet you'll be a pretty good lady killer." He said then swung his arm around Luhan the same way he did to Sehun before.

"Ah, my name is Luhan... and I'll think about it...ha" He said then rubbed the nape of his neck.

"Okay sure!" Jongin said then ushered him into the classroom. "Guys, welcome our new transfer student from-" He paused then looked at Luhan,  "From?" he whispered. 

"Um, Beijing, China." Luhan said.

"From Beijing China, Luhan!" He shouted and started to clap.

People began to clap gradutally.

"Oh his good looking", "Dare me to ask for his number?", "Oh he better not flirt with the girls!" "Cutiepie! Aw~" "He might be good looking, but let's see if his smart." Whispers travelled around the room, did they not know that Luhan could here them loud and clearly?

"Luhan right?" A girl shouted from the end of the room.

Luhan looked up at her, "Y-yeah?"

"Wanna sit next to me?" She said with a smile.

"OMO, Eunbi's filrting already!" A voice shouted from the other end.

But it was interupted by a voice from behind, "He will sit with Sehun at the back corner."

Luhan looked behind a bowed at 90 degrees, it was the teacher.

"Now everyone get back to your seats!" He shouted as students rushed.

Luhan walked towards Sehun and placed his bag on the ground.

"Okay, Luhan, thanks for coming into our class and we welcome you like any other student here. My name is Mr. Choi, things might be different from China, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. If your unsure of anything, feel free to come visit me."

Luhan looked at him and listened and thought how he knew all this, maybe he was listening this whole time... or something?"

"If you need help, ask Sehun who's next to you, I need to get you your timetable, but for now look onto Sehun's timetable." He said.

Luhan nodded.

The Teacher slammed his books onto the table which gave everyone quite the fright, "Okay now everyone... did you all complete your assignments? I want them handed up here, NOW!" 

"AWWW..." The classroom signed and rusted around to grab their sheets.

Lucky for Luhan, there was no assignment for him to hand in, so he just looked out the window into the courtyard.

He spotted a student running pass the gates and hurrying class.

"Hope he's not late..." He whispered to himself.