Chapter Five

Lucky Shot

Mya awoke the next morning to her phone ringing yet again. Though the night before had been eventful and full of surprises and nostalgia, she hadn't felt the least bit drained, and so she quickly answered the device with an unprecedented cheerfulness.

"Hello?"

"Mya, it's me Baekhyun."

"Ah, good morning!" Mya said, sitting up with a smile. Her day seemed to already be starting off great.

She listened as Baekhyun chuckled on the other line, practically picturing his smug face. "Someone's a little chipper this morning..."

Mya giggled. "I still haven't gotten over last night," she told him. "It's been a while since I've had that much fun!"

"That frightens me," Baekhyun said jokingly, "but I'm glad."

Shaking her head, Mya then asked, "So, what's up?"

"Oh, uh, the guys really enjoyed meeting you last night. They wanted me to ask if you wanted to hang out with us today?"

Mya assumed 'the guys' were Baekhyun's bandmates, and she immediaitely felt flattered. They were honestly a joy to be around last night; each of them had exciting personalities, and they were incredibly kind. Mya would love to be around them again.

"Aw, that's so sweet. I'd love to!"

"Perfect. We're all going to the park later this afternoon. I'll just stop by and pick you up before then," Baekhyun suggested.

"Sounds great," Mya smiled happily. "See you then!"

"Bye!"

Their conversation ended with a click, and no later did Jillian barge her way into Mya's bedroom, her loud voice bouncing off of the walls. "Morning, Mya! It's time to start the day, so get--" she stopped in her tracks, seeing Mya sitting up in her bed. "Oh, you're up already?"

"Shocking, right?" Mya joked and shrugged out of her bed covers.

"A little." Jill dropped her hands to her hips, eyeing her roommate suspiciously. "Where are you off to? You don't have any morning classes..."

"I'm meeting up with Baekhyun and his friends later." Mya told her, then smiled. "You should come with us! You didn't get a chance to meet them last night, did you?"

"No, Monica pulled you away too fast." Jillian flashed Mya a deflated smile. "But I can't go anyways. I have to work today."

Mya pouted. "Aw. Well, I'll make sure all of you meet soon."

"Great!" Jillian clapped. "For now, though, let's head into the kitchen and eat before our breakfast gets cold."

 

A/N: Sorry for the long delay! I was studying for the SAT (boo!) and I really needed to focus... But, I just thought I'd post a small chapter to get my creative juices flowing again. Hopefully I'll update once again during the week. See you guys in the next chapter!