Dear Lee Min Ho

Letting Min Ho Go

Dear Lee Min Ho, 
I was thinking of actually writing this out on paper and putting it in your mailbox or something clever like that, but then I realized that I have terrible handwriting, that I'm not clever in that way, and that so many things could go differently than planned, so it might be better to just send it like this. I've never quite done anything like this, so just stay with me until the end. I'd like to say this would be short and sweet, but I'm afraid my writing tends to contradict a lot of the rest of my characteristics. I don't expect anything in return, nor do I want anything to be forged or forced. It's just that, I like you. I bet you already knew that and have probably feared the day I would say it, and maybe even hoped it would never come. Why am I saying this? I guess I just wanted to get something officially off my chest. I am fully aware that I am nowhere near the type of person you would normally fall for, that's why I'm not asking you to. I just simply want you to listen, read, and hear what I have to say. I think it's ok that you like a certain type of person, that, despite lighting up rooms around them, you're not a fan of crowds, that you're not perfect all the time, because nobody is and nobody ever will be, and the world would be boring if that ever happened, that you use humor to mask a part of you that I haven't even seen the depths of yet, and I think it's ok that you don't like me in the way that you would notice all of those things about me. I'm sorry if I freaked you out for a second, or if I seemed like a stalker, or if I completely just overstepped every boundary that I wasn't supposed to cross. I'm sorry for writing this, because I don't want to make you uncomfortable, and actually do like you as a friend, so I don't want to lose that. I'm going to steal a quote from Dawson's Creek right now, and here it is, "You're off the hook." I know you weren't really on it, but, I don't want you to feel as if you are from reading this. As I am a selfish person, I wrote this mainly for me, for a few reasons like clarity, letting go, and all of those kind of cliche teenage plot lines that are seen in almost every John Hughes movie. I guess the point is, I think you're great and I wanted you to know that. I wrote this instead of telling you because I knew I'd fumble my words and probably end up telling you a really boring story about something I did when I was little and even more naive than I am now, or my love for that one Peter Gabriel song, or, as always, bubble tea (just to let you know). Thank you for reading and I hope we can still be friends, because it'd be nice for you to believe that I'm mature enough to continue being just that, because I really am. Friends?

A Fan


I actually originally wrote this for someone I cared about, I still do because we're friends, but I cared for him more at the time. I wanted to post this because I wanted people to know that it really is ok to let someone go, and that it's ok to move on when feelings aren't reciprocated. As people we tend to hold onto a hope that hurts us more in the end, and seek a fictional clarity instead of a real one. When I wrote this is wanted the real clarity and found it, and while it was, at the time, a bit sad, it was also freeing for both of us and a moment where I know I grew a lot. Feel free to use this for if any of you amazing readers need it, and I hope all of you have an amazing day and amazing life!