[FIN]

You're the Closest to Heaven that I'll Ever Get

Jimin likes watching the patterns bloom across his skin. They are usually done in black, but sometimes other colors will bleed onto his dark skin, blending in with the pattern to create a work of art Jimin could never hope to replicate.

 

His soulmate is good at drawing. That much he can tell. He also knows that his name is Jungkook, and he’s a college student at the university across town from the music shop and coffee bar that Jimin tends to.

 

They haven’t met yet. Jungkook has never brought it up and Jimin is too scared to ask. But Jungkook always draws patterns on his skin, regardless of them never meeting.

 

Whatever ink gets onto your soulmate’s skin, will show on yours, they say. Jungkook is often forgetful, writing lists and what Jimin assumes are lyrics or poetry on his hands. But mostly, Jimin just watches the patterns appear on his arms from Jungkook’s drawing.

 

Jimin currently sports a lily flower on the back of his hand, and his own messy scribble from asking Jungkook how his day was. His soulmate wasn’t one for very many words, but Jimin was slowly learning about him every day they wrote on each other.

 

Jimin sighed, leaning against the coffee stand. It was a slow day, he mused, and he absentmindedly began to draw on inside of his wrist. The only pen that he could find was pink, and he decided to start drawing a pink dragonfly.

 

He was so absorbed in his work that he did not hear the bell tinkle, indicating that someone had come inside the music store, instead focusing on his drawing.

 

Suddenly, he was startled by someone clearing their throat, and he jolted, his pen falling to the ground.

 

“Oh God, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to startle you, just… wanted to get your attention.” Jimin looked up to see a boy standing in front of the counter, cheeks rosy red and his both clothed in a black hoodie, pulled over his head so only his dark bangs were peeking out.

 

“No no it’s my bad! I should have been paying attention.” He says sweetly, fixing his nametag on his shirt before smiling. “What can I get you?”

 

“I’m new to this place, so surprise me.” The boy grins, and Jimin laughs softly, nodding his head.

 

“Alright, alright then.” He rings up his personal favorite drink, a vanilla latte with a dash of cinnamon, and reaches out to take the boy’s money.

 

What Jimin doesn’t see in his haste to receive the money and go about his business, is the way the boy locks onto Jimin’s hand, his eyes widening and his breath catching. But he says nothing, instead choosing to give Jimin the money and go to wander around the store until his coffee is done.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook sinks down against the pop section of the CD’s, his eyes wide. He hadn’t met to meet Jimin so soon, especially not looking like this. And he had not expected Jimin to look…well… like that. He was so beautiful, and it was overwhelming Jungkook, who didn’t do well under pressure.

 

He took several deep breaths before getting up, decided that he would not tell Jimin. He was scared. Scared of what his soulmate would think of him, the skinny, tanned skater boy that drew on his hands and didn’t talk much, when Jimin was a god. A bronzed, thick-thighed, god with a sweet voice and an even sweeter smile.

 

He couldn’t. He just couldn’t.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy came around for the next two weeks, Jimin noticed, and ordered the same drink that Jimin had made for him that first day each time. Occasionally, Seokjin took the orders, but Jimin always made them.

 

He always wore a jacket, Jimin had noticed, never letting the sleeves roll up. Was he hiding from his soulmate? The thought made Jimin sad. Why would anyone hide from something like soulmates?

 

He still didn’t know the boy’s name, as the only name the boy would supply was his surname, Jeon. Seokjin had tried to pry it out of him, but not even the older’s boyish charm could pull an answer out of the boy.

 

But today was the day, Jimin decided. He would talk to Jeon, and get some answers as to who the boy was. Jimin made the boy his coffee, but instead of going and calling out his name to get him to come to the counter, Jimin carefully balanced a cup of his own and two pastries with Jeon’s cup, making his way to his table and setting everything down.

 

“Hey there stranger.” Jimin grinned, sitting across from the boy, who looked surprised and slowly took off his headphones.

 

“Jimin-hyung.” He said slowly, looking at him, and then down at his coffee, pulling the cup closer.

 

“I’ve been serving you for weeks now, and I barely know your name. I only know your last name.” Jimin said with a slight pout, and the boy averted his gaze from his lips quickly.

 

“I-ah.. !” He exclaimed as his shaking hand spilled coffee over his jacket, and he hissed in pain.

 

“Oh my god.” Jimin get up quickly and started fussing with the boy’s jacket, peeling off the wet fabric when he stopped, struck dumb by what he found on the boy’s wrists and arms. The same designs that coated his own arms, plus little fragments of Jimin’s own handwriting.

 

“J-Jungkook?” He asked, and the younger boy bolted up, grabbing his jacket and running out the door, leaving Jimin behind with tears in his eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook came back to the café every day, but Jimin didn’t. Only the tall, broad boy with thick lips curled into a frown served his vanilla latte with cinnamon every day.

 

Jungkook felt bad for running away that day, and needed to apologize to Jimin for his actions, but didn’t even know what to say to his soulmate.

 

Jungkook had spent his whole life running away from soulmates. His parents, destined soulmates, had gotten a divorce a few years back, and it made Jungkook lose all hope that soulmates were destined to be. So when his soulmate had written back to him one day, Jungkook had freaked out. And when he saw Jimin in the café, he had not been able to process it. Yet he couldn’t stay away from the gorgeous man, kept driving out of his way from school to buy the coffee from Jimin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day that Jungkook came into the café, Jimin was standing at the register, dark circles under his eyes, like he hadn’t slept in days.

 

“The usual please.” Jungkook said softly. Jimin looked down at him before nodding, starting to ring him up. “Two of them please.” Jimin cocked an eyebrow, hand hovering over the touchscreen.

 

“Meeting someone?” He said, his voice slightly icy, which made Jungkook wince.

 

“You, if you’ll have me.” He says boldly, meeting Jimin’s eyes with an intense gaze. Jimin sighs softly, and nods, making their coffee quickly before taking off his apron and carrying the cups over to an empty table. Jungkook slides into the seat across from him, his arms uncovered for the first time since he first walked into the shop.

 

“I really should explain.” Jungkook says, leaning on his elbows to look at Jimin, who looked up from his coffee.

 

“Yeah an explanation would be really nice.” Jimin says, his eyes locked on Jungkook’s face, memorizing every detail. Jungkook takes a sip of his coffee before setting it down.

“My parents were soulmates. They split up three years ago, on my 15th birthday.” Jimin’s eyes widened, and he stuttered out an apology, to which Jungkook just shook his head, a small smile gracing his lips.

 

“It’s no big deal. I just wanted you to know why I was scared. Scared to meet you, and scared to talk to you. But I’m not scared anymore, Jimin. I want to know you and I want to fall in love with you.” Jungkook says, reaching out to grab Jimin’s hand softly. A soft blush coats Jimin’s cheeks and he gently pulls his hand away to grab a pen, writing something on his hand and tucking it into his side, waiting for Jungkook to look at his hand.

 

I love you already.

 

Jungkook smiles and leans over to press a soft kiss to Jimin’s lips, before writing him back.

 

I love you too.