fin.

Red rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The forest had become a labyrinth of snow and ice. Jungkook, a beautiful boy whose skin was as white as the perfectly shaped snowflakes; aimlessly wandering through the leafless woods while observing the various tree branches laying on the ground. The gusting wind blew thick flurries to sweep away his tracks, but buried along with them any signs of potential quarry. Thinking that he could have been sitting by the warm wood fireplace, reading his favorite fairy tale that his, now, decease mother usually read, brought an empty state of mine to the younger male. He hated the fact that no matter how hard he tried to please his drunk father, no compliments or smiles would be seen. Seeking the warmth given by his mother was nothing but a longed lost memory.

The muffled stepping sound resounded through his ears like sharp high pitched sounds as the silence remained. The hunger burning his insides making the sound of his stomach increasing and the strength of his body slowly leave him. Needless to say that the darkish haired male was gradually losing hope in finding some kind soul, ready to extend a hand in his direction. A kind soul ready to offer him a warm place to sleep and also a nice warm plate of soup however, surrounding him was nothing but the whitish snow. Bringing his numb fingers over his eyes, brushing away the flakes clinging to his lashes.

The time seemed to stop the farther he walked. The snowflakes decreasing their speed as they fell from the grayish skies above like frozen tears from angels crying over the souls whose paths had been misled. However, the silence was finally broken by a wild howl startling Jungkook but also the sleeping animals hibernating through winter. Calling the loud, hideous sound a howl would be wrong, in fact, there was no words to describe the sensations, the fear brought to the younger as his eyes cautiously observed every inch and every space between frozen trees and branches and so a beautiful red whose petals were as red as the blood rushing through the human’s veins stood in the middle of the clearing.

Beautifully breathtaking was the sight of the glowing rose to Jungkook’s eyes. Dangerously fearful the feeling brought by that same rose as he approached whilst taking small cautious steps. The howl previously heard seeming like a warning, a warning that the darkish haired male was far from obeying and without further add, his numb purplish fingertips touched one of the petals. Soft, surreal was the touch under his cold skin leaving a tingling sensation behind but also shock upon witnessing, feeling the warmth irradiating from the beautiful rose. Speechless, the perfect word to describe the younger male, therefore no words would slip past his parted lips until the hideous howl was heard yet again, echoing through the silent woods like sharping sound of broken glass.  

“You shouldn’t have touched that.” A low hideous voice reached Jungkook’s ears, making his head turn instantaneously however no person was seen. “Didn’t your parents said that is bad to touch something that doesn’t belong to you?”

The howling wind left behind all kind of doubts in Jungkook’s mind, his eyes still searching for the source of voice while his heart gradually increased its beats as the fear and adrenaline rushed through his veins. For a couple of seconds, silence remained in the woods, the soft lullaby sang by the wind reaching the darkish haired male ears in a melodious way however, the further he searched, the less he found. Worry prickling through his heart and mind, images of his beloved deceased mother floating through his half closed lids while his fingers clutched at the end of his used old shirt. And then, the rustling sound of something moving between trees was heard. The heavy steps sounds on the snow grew near. And his heart beats increased followed with his purplish tiers parting midway ready to release the wanted scream when a warm breath ghostly brushed at the back of his neck.

“W-who are you?” The younger male asked, nervously sweeping his tongue over his bottom lip.

“Someone you should have never met.” The stranger whispered, the warm tip of his nose brushing against the cold expanse of Jungkook’s skin at his nape. “Weren’t you told to never come to this part of the woods?”

The fairy tale, the book that his mother had loved even though being just a mere book where I love yous and fiction were the words dominating this one. A book that his mother left behind and Jungkook came to love. A book that tells the story between a sinful creature and a beautiful young girl whose fate had faded before her eyes. A story that brought both tears and pain to his heart. A story that he wished to see before his eyes. A story where loving in someone you love arms, seems the perfect scene before closing your eyes forever. However, even though the book was nothing but that, a book, rumors had float left and right while walking around the small village that owned nothing but few shops and small aged houses. A village that everyone knew each other and rumors were the kind entertainment that most enjoyed to invent.

Some claim seeing a beats whose eyes were as red as the blood however vivid as a rose. Some others say that the beasts was no one but a human that had been wrongly misjudged by god but his mother had always said that no matter who the person laying the rumors was, a change should be given. A change to redeem himself to his mistakes and sadness. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter