Final

Back Scratch

The first time Jihun met Seungjun, he was- to be frank- quite nervous. Jihun was a shy guy; he still is. So when his eyes met the older’s big ones, he could do nothing but bashfully look down immediately. “Hi,” Seungjun had greeted. Surprised, Jihun looked up at him again. He coughed. “H-hi.” He remembered having felt the piercing eyes on him the rest of the time they spent together. To say the least, it wasn’t pleasant.

 

But it didn’t mean the quiet boy didn’t take interest.

 

~~~~~

 

Jihun didn’t like being the center of attention, Seungjun realized; which was weird considering they were training to become idols. He asked about it before, resulting in only a shrug. By then, they were pretty much casual friends. The amount of time they spent together was not enough to label their friendship as ‘close’.

 

Though Jihun found a weird sense of comfort in staying near the older boy, he thought of it as nothing more than just that.

 

~~~~~

 

As days went by, they did obtain the ‘close friends’ title. Maybe it was because the other members noticed them being exceptionally comfortable when they sit around in the middle of breaks in between practices. “You guys are getting really close now- like a couple I’d say. It’s kinda disgusting to watch you two,” Inseong chuckled. Jihun blushed and stood up right after, excusing himself to the restroom.

 

Heejun made sure to hit the back of Inseong’s stupid head for saying what he did. “Stupid. Look at how lonely Seungjun-hyung is now,” he said. Seungjun huffed and stood up as well. The two looked at him in question. “I’m gonna… go to the restroom,” the tallest of them excused awkwardly before dashing off. “Ah, see? I did something good.” Inseong nodded to himself in approval as Heejun rolled his eyes.

 

It was safe to say after that, nothing Inseong said about their relationship really affected Jihun and Seungjun anymore.

 

~~~~~

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Scratch my back.”

 

Jihun chuckled at the groan.

 

~~~~~

 

It isn’t exactly uncommon for Jihun to randomly ask Seungjun for a back scratch. In fact, it happened so frequently that Seungjun almost always knew whenever the younger leader entered his room with a failed attempt to be silent. Jihun would squeeze in beside Seungjun- who would usually either be on his phone, reading a book or just plain lying on his back- and ask for a back scratch.

 

Today is no different. Seungjun is once again lying on his back and looking up, deep in thought, when the sound of the door opening reaches his ears. “Jihun?” he calls immediately. A snicker and a few meows are heard. Seungjun rolls his eyes, although a small smile plays on his lips. “How did you know it was me? I think we share a special connection, you know~” Jihun says with a smile as he lies down beside the older.

 

“Oh, please…” Seungjun sighs. He looks at Jihun from the corner of his eye, who was smiling at him. That adorable smile… Seungjun thinks about how he’d like to wake up to that every morning. Without having to ask, Jihun feels the hands scratching his back lazily. He heaves a sigh of content and smiles wider. “That feels nice~” he comments, looking at Seungjun (and is that love in his eyes?). The latter smiles back before looking back up, his hand still scratching the leader’s back to help him go to sleep. “I’m happy hyung is finally willing to scratch my back,” Jihun chuckles. “You better be. Back scratching is not easy, you brat.”

 

The room fills with giggles.

 

Seungjun is glad. He’s glad he was able to make Jihun happy, even with just scratching his back. He loves the younger so much it made him cringe on several occasions.

 

When did he start feeling this way? No idea. It just kinda happened.

 

When silence settles around the room, Seungjun looks back at the sleepy face. His hand stops moving and Jihun let out a grunt, letting the older know that he was not satisfied yet. Rolling his eyes, Seungjun continues until soft snores are heard.

 

Only then did he stop again. His smile falters as he takes time to admire Jihun’s features while said boy is asleep. It makes Seungjun’s heart beat faster and his stomach twist in ways that makes him want to scream. He thought about confessing maybe once or twice before, but he always brushed it off. Seungjun doesn’t want to break the relationship they had now.

 

Jihun’s feelings come first, and it will always be that way for Seungjun. Maybe that’s why his heart is throbbing- he doesn’t allow himself to pour out his feelings. He wants to pamper Jihun with kisses and hugs, but he can’t. Jihun is unreachable, even right now in his peaceful slumber. Jihun is too perfect for him.

 

Seungjun loves him anyway, even if it hurts. He sighs again and leans to kiss Jihun’s forehead. The soft hair there tickles his lips and he smiles again. “I love you,” he mumbles. It goes unheard, of course. He moves back and makes himself more comfortable. Soon enough, his eyes gets droopy and he sighs one more time before he falls into a deep sleep.

 


A/N: Aghhh yes they have singlehandedly  ruined me.... like..... u10t destroyed me enough and now they're here to burn my remains......

These two I totally ship and I HAD to write about them it was like top priority (don't worry I'm also working on my WooHoo fic lmao)

Well, I hope you liked it and tell me  if you'd like me to write more of KNK (you don't have to ask I'll do it anyway) aaand yes!

That is all from mee~