Invited maknaes reunited

Invited maknaes reunited

2nd December 2015 was once again the annual Mnet Asian Music Award (MAMA), where many Korean idols would be invited to gather in Hong Kong’s Asia World-Centre for the award show. Some groups who didn’t appear at the show the previous year have appeared this year and one of the group was SHINee.

In SHINee’s waiting room, there was Taemin standing before the mirror staring at his dyed golden hair with his completed make up on. Wearing a white turtle neck with a contrasting black leather suit and pants, his dark brown eyes scanned at his outfit once more. All that is missing on him would be a light brown coat which he would put on just before the red carpet event. He let out a satisfied smile, knowing that its a perfect combination as he knew that he could always trust the taste of his stylist noonas.

Remembering that it was yet another Mnet Asian Music Award, his thoughts flew back to the previous year. Though he wasn’t invited to the award show in 2014, he had gotten another form of happiness then. It was a different kind of happiness his fans could give him with their gestures. It was a kind of happiness that radiated out from his heart as he was spending time together with his girlfriend, a year ago, with the dinner he prepared, followed by their dance battles that bind them as one. Yet, he knows that it wouldn’t be the same for this Mnet Asian Music Award. Upon thinking about it, unbeknownst to himself, a bitter smile crept onto his face whilst his fragile orbs failed to contain the warm trail of transparent fluids, fogging his vision.

"Taemin, are you done already?" Accompanied with the question was a pat on his shoulder.

Sensing a touch on his shoulder, Taemin jumped out of his skin. After regaining composition from the shock, he turned to find that it was just Minho. Minho had been observing Taemin for a while and decided to rescue Taemin from the sea of thoughts that he was drowned in. Taemin nodded his head. He then noticed the amount of concern drawn on Minho’s face and Taemin assured Minho by giving him a reassuring smile, signalling that he would be alright. Minho saw through Taemin’s mask and felt that it was otherwise, yet he decided to let the matter go.

Minho signalled towards the door and it was then, Taemin remembered that, together with Minho, he would be dropping by the waiting rooms that they are more familiar with. Since a few years back, Taemin had already carried out this routine with, at least, one of his hyungs to visit the other groups’ waiting rooms, as Taemin had always been afraid of awkwardness. He preferred spending time socialising than waiting in the own waiting room whenever time permits, like the present time, as it’s an hour before the red carpet.

“Taemin, can we go now?” Minho asked him.

Taemin nodded his head and replied “Hyung, I’m ready,” while locked into the mirror’s reflection of himself one last time before he exit the waiting room.

Hearing Taemin’s respond, Minho informed their leader, “Jinki hyung, Taemin and I will be out for a bit.”

“I will also be going. Wait for me, stylist noona is touching up my make-up,” Jinki said.

"Me too!" Jonghyun raised his hand and sprinted towards Taemin and Minho.

Upon hearing Jonghyun’s voice, Kibum let out a dramatic sob, "How can you leave me alone? I am going too!" That made everyone cracked up in laughter

Moments later, the five members of SHINee were finally ready to go as all of them were done with their dressing. After informing their manager and stylists, they walked out of their waiting room. As always, Kibum was their tour guide whilst the other members trailed behind.

The five guys visited the idols, that they are closer with, from door to door, mostly the idols from SM Town. Firstly, they arrived to Red Velvet’s waiting room. They exchanged greetings and reminded the girls of Red Velvet to wait for them as they had to rush to go to Czech together for their schedule. After chatting for minutes, the rest of SHINee left excluding Minho as he is extremely close with the girls of Red Velvet. The next stop was at f(x)’s waiting room. Being close friends with f(x), Jonghyun and Onew stayed in f(x)'s waiting room.

"Taeminnie, it's only you and me left. Let's go visit TaeTiSeo then EXO," Kibum said which Taemin nodded and continued on walking along the corridor.

While walking along the corridor, Kibum was sending text messages through his phone. Looking away from his phone, Kibum casually asked Taemin, “Taemin, Chaerin wants me to visit her in her waiting room. Do you want to tag along?” Kibum asked Taemin.

Hearing Chaerin’s name, Taemin stopped walking abruptly. He knew that his hyung was referring to the 2NE1’s leader. Together with his hyungs, Taemin are on close terms with the members in 2NE1, due to the divas of the groups, despite the fact that they belong to rival entertainments.

It was just because of a meal, a few years ago, that brought the both groups became more than acquaints.

The girls of 2NE1 excluding their leader walked down the aisle in an empty restaurant. There’s a built-in stove on every two attached tables. At the end of the aisle was a variety of uncooked selection of ingredients to barbecue. Upon realising that they are in a barbecue buffet restaurant, the girls beamed with joy. They chose a long table that can seat up to ten people as they knew that a four seater table would not have enough space for them to fill the table up with food.

While the two eldest of 2NE1 were really excited about the food, the maknae felt that something wasn't usual. Usually if Chaerin were to treat them, they would have their managers to them and they would have to put on some disguises. Yet now, it’s only the four of them in a large empty restaurant all by themselves, there weren’t any waiters to serve them too. Just then, Minji’s phone vibrate and it was a message sent by Chaerin in the group chat telling them that she had booked the entire restaurant.

It was then, the door flung opened in which the bell attached to the door rang. The girls who sat down all turned their heads towards the door expecting that it might be Chaerin. It wasn’t Chaerin but four familiar guys who had once worked with Dara when she was advertising for Etude, which made her gasped in surprised, “Oh, SHINee’s here too?”

The girls looked at each other and they were all puzzled. Seconds ago, Chaerin had messaged them that she had booked the entire restaurant yet now, idols from their rival entertainment entered. They didn’t had any hard feelings for each other but, they were mere acquaintances. They had met before yet on music and award shows also a few times due to Etude. Yet, meeting each other in such circumstances made them nervous.

“You girls are here too?” Minho asked upon seeing the girls of 2NE1 fully seated in the empty restaurant.

‘Why don’t we seat together?” Dara suggested, trying to break the awkwardness clouding in the atmosphere.

“Sure, why not?” Jonghyun asked.

After sitting down on the empty seats that the long table has, Dara asked, “Where’s Key-ssi?”

“Key left before us. Maybe he lost his way,” Jonghyun replied.

“Where’s CL-ssi?” Onew asked.

“She would be arriving later as she will be heading here from YG building,” Dara answered.

Soon, the seven of them break one big conversation into two smaller ones. While Bom tagged along Dara and the SHINee members in their conversation on how they missed collaborating with each other for Etude House, Taemin and Minji started their own conversation.

When choosing the seats, Taemin had deliberately chosen to sit right in front of Minji since they had collaborated a dance performance before for SBS Inkigayo on 31st October 2010 which made them acquaints.

“Minji-ssi, did you remembered our collaboration?” Taemin begun the conversation.

“How can I forget? Not when I found a Michael Jackson fan, like me, through the dance,” Minji smiled.

The seven of them continued their respectively conversations until they heard the entrance door opened. All of them turned towards the direction of the door. To their surprise, they saw Kibum and Chaerin intertwining their fingers as they blissfully walked down the aisle of the restaurant, towards the table where all their members were seated. The seven seated members shot each other a quizzical look. They weren't able to comprehend what was going on.

Upon reaching the table where the seven of them were seated, Kibum announced, "Today, Chaerin and I will be announcing to you that we had been dating for six months already."

“How come we didn’t know?” Dara asked while eyeing Chaerin.

Well... As both Chaerin and Kibum were the most secretive person in their respective groups, they were never caught dating by anyone else until that day they announced to their group members. Since there’s no free lunch in the world, the divas of both groups made their group members to not leak out to any other people that they are dating. Nevertheless, that eventful day ended with the members from the two groups cheered for the couple.

Before they realised, the two groups became very close as they met up monthly because of that couple. The oldest three: Bom, Dara and Jinki, had threatened the couple to treat them monthly else, the secret would be leaked. Even until now, that pair of couple is still secretly dating.

Amongst all members, other than the couple, the maknaes of both groups became extremely close as they hung out with each other twice a week on top of their regular meetings the two groups have. Their individual meetings might be just two teenagers spending time together with food, with simple games, with common interests such as dance. Known to all, both of them had an undying passion for dance and that truly binds them as one as they strived to improve on their talent.

Their friendship caused them to had their daily phone conversations when they were both in Korea else they glued their eyes onto the text messages they exchanged through their mobile phones. These actions created a level of closeness that caused them to be more then friends.

That one particular summer night made their relationship escalated to be more than mere close friends. That night, Taemin brought Minji to a vacant amusement park that he had rented just for the two of them to enjoy the rides. Like normal teenage couples, they dashed from rides to rides.

“Minji-ah, you are too fast! Wait for me,” Taemin shouted at the enthusiastic Minji who ran out of the roller coaster, out of attraction immediately once the roller coaster ride ended.

Minji turned back to look at Taemin, her smiles were so wide to be contained on her face, as she let out a giggle. She truly enjoyed being the only ones in the entire amusement park as she wouldn’t have to be composed and behave like an adult, but let the inner child-like her be exposed. As her unnies in her group are more child-like, she had had to be the more mature one.

Minji ran back towards Taemin and grabbed his wrist. That made Taemin shook his head and said, "That's not how you hold your Taemin oppa's hand," and he changed her grip on his wrist to interlocking fingers.

"Yah oppa, I am supposed to save this for my first boyfriend," Minji exclaimed as she struggled to remove from his fingers in which Taemin looked at her and grinned.

"Then, can I be your boyfriend?" Taemin asked with a tinge of seriousness.

Yet, Minji was too dense to realise and laughed, "Oppa, you are just playing around right?"

Minji’s response made Taemin heart ache a little hurt. He didn’t expect her to take him so lightly, yet Taemin laughed along with Minji, just to make her comfortable, and he replied, "Yeah, I am just fooling around."

“Oppa, come on!” Minji giggled as she pulled Taemin with their fingers interlocking.

The next attraction they went to was the Ferris wheel. Minji first entered the cabin and took a seat. Taemin followed Minji to enter, yet he stood up instead of sitting down.

“Oppa, it’s dangerous to stand up,” Minji said.

Taemin shook his head and replied, “I will only sit down if you reply to my question.”

Minji looked at him curiously and asked, “What question?”

Taemin took in a deep breath and spoke, “Minji, we have been best friends for a year..."

Feeling nervous, his gaze drop onto the ground. However, he quickly mustered his courage, "Yet, I feel that I like you. Minji, can you give me a chance to be your boyfriend?"

Minji blinked. His confession made her understand why she always thought of him and why she always wants to spend time with him. Shyly, she nodded her head.

That simple acknowledgement changed their lives as they started dating. From that day onwards, he became more contented with his life.

Their daily friendly texts were onto a whole new level where they shower their love for each other through the text messages. They cared for each other more and became clingy to each other for than ever.

Yet, this blissfulness was not long term.

After dating for half a year or so, things weren’t the same like how they started.  

For the seventh time in the row, Minji was late for their date again. Minji was busy with her Big Bang sunbaes until she got back her fully charged phone to find 10 missed calls from Taemin. With heavy breaths Minji dashed to Taemin’s car, that was parked at the usual spot.

Taemin was tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. Minute by minute, his impatience grew. Initially, he waited her for a minute then five minutes then ten, then twenty. Now fifty nine minutes had flew past, yet he had not seen her.

Just then, his phone vibrated. It was a text message from Minji, ‘Sorry Taemint oppa, I overlooked the time as I was helping my sunbaes with their choreograph. I will be reaching down very soon.’

Thirty minutes had passed yet there was still no sight of Minji. Taemin spun his mobile phone around with his fingers for the umpteenth time while he checked the time. He begun to doubt that Minji would actually arrive any time soon, and so, he decided to call her.

Ring-Ring, his phone sounded.

Immediately after the first ring, a smile was drawn on his face as he finally saw her walking into the car park and so he ended the call. Yet, a second later, his face was darkened upon seeing a male figure behind her. It was the same guy that always walked out with her every time to the car park.

What was his name again? Seunghyun? Seunghoon? Seungyeon? Maybe it was somewhere along the line... But whatever his name is, Taemin still disliked the closeness his Minji has with this guy who was the leader of that five-member boy group. Taemin strongly felt that the guy has a thing for his Minji yet Minji always claimed that they were just friends.

Taemin’s eyes were on fire upon seeing the two stood by laughing and their playful smacks on each other. Taemin nostrils fumed upon seeing that guy tugging onto Minji’s wrist and was about to dash out of his car to claim his Minji. Minji’s following action gave Taemin a tinge of happiness when he saw her pushing that guy’s hand away. With a warm-hearted smile, Taemin exited his car.

From the corner of her eyes, Minji saw Taemin alighting from his car. Trying hard to excuse Seungyoon not to send her all the way to Taemin’s car, she brushed his grip away from her hand. With that, she scurried towards Taemin.

“Taemint oppa... I am so sorry for being late again,” Minji apologised with added aegyo.

The aegyo did reduced the fire in him by a bit yet he was still impatiently pissed. He let out a question coldly while looking at her, “Why are you late for our date again?”

“Jiyong oppa had asked me to help him with his group choreograph since sunbae had always helped my group, I couldn’t reject,” Minji explained honestly.

Taemin let out an audible sigh of restlessness.

It wasn’t the first time that Minji was late because of her kindness in helping her label-mates. If it wasn’t because she was helping her sunbaes with choreographs, it would be because she was helping her hoobaes for lyrics inspirations. Initially, he thought that she was just being helpful to her fellow label-mates. But as time goes on, it begun to irritate him. Both of them are idols which is the reason why the time is extremely precious to them as their schedules do conflict and could at most meet up twice weekly. Instead of spending the precious time together, Minji had prioritised her YG family over him by turning up late for their dates.

Their most recent dates were pretty short. It started off with a dinner at a private place and followed with Taemin sending Minji either back home or back to her dorm, which was right after the dinner. His hyungs weren’t helping him either as they would always share about how enjoyable their dates were with their girlfriends and did many kinds of activities together such as cooking, stargazing and cuddling on the sofa. Taemin felt that he was a caring boyfriend yet he didn’t get to spend the time with his girlfriend like how his hyungs could with theirs, and that made him extremely upset.

Then there came the hoobae named Kang Seungyoon sticking onto Minji like a glue or at least whenever Taemin came to YG entertainment. To Taemin, Minji relationship with Seungyoon is beyond just friends and more than just a sunbae-hoobae relationship.

Minji sensed that Taemin was still mad at her, in fact, she was right as Taemin interrogated with cold frost layering his voice that threw the question like icy shards to Minji, “Then, why are you with that Seung-whatever?”

“My phone was dead and Chaerin unnie had borrowed my power-bank so he offered his and also offered to walk me out to the car park,” Minji summarised with her gaze locked into his, justifying her action with the truth.

Though what Minji explained might be the truth, he still have (has) doubts on her reasoning. But he wasn’t done being angry with her and so he rebutted, “You made me waited for 97 minutes which broke the record once again.”

His sarcasms were strong yet she truly understood that it was her mistake. The last time she was late for 59 minutes, he threw a fit by not contacting her for three days. However, Minji really had no choice as she didn’t know that she would end up spend the whole day just to help her Big Bang oppas with their new song choreography. Other than improvising the dance moves they came up with, she had also been Seunghyun oppa personal dance tutor in the hours she volunteered to help them.

Taemin continued on while his volume increases, “Do you think I would actually believe you that you were doing your job as a hoobae to help your sunbae? You were actually spending time with your lover boy.”

“Lee Tae Min!” Minji yelled his name with anger upon being accused, Minji retorted with her raised voice while her face was dam with warm fluids escaping from her two brown orbs. “Is that what you always thought of me? Why can’t you trust me?”

“But you were really with him! Have you thought of how I feel!” Taemin persisted.

“Taemin... Let’s talk another day...” Minji tried to give in as she spoke in a soft voice as she was worn out for the day. She just want a warm-hearted dinner and comfortable ride back home before she hit her warm cosy bed.

“There’s nothing to talk about since you wasted my precious time on him!” Taemin erupted all his unhappiness with Minji that he had collated from the past few weeks.

“Since you don’t trust me anymore, there’s no point continuing this relationship. So, l-let’s break up,” Minji shot back, soon after, she exited from his car while trying to be strong.

Unlike her strong stage image, she was just yet another fragile girl. Those words that Taemin said tore her into pieces while her confidence evaporated from her within as she walked with her head down low with eyes were fogged with tears as she fixated on the blurry image of the ground.

Seungyoon was by a pillar when he witnessed the scene. He has been holding a torch for Minji for quite some time already. He would always want Minji to be safe and not be hurt by anyone. Every time when he walked Minji down, he would be hiding behind the same pillar until Taemin’s car drove away. It shocked Seungyoon when he saw Minji coming out of Taemin’s car after slamming the door hard, witnessing Minji bawling her eyes out with his own eyes.

That caused Seungyoon to step away from his hiding spot, with broad arms, he embraced Minji in attempt to comfort her.

Looking from the rear mirror, Taemin witnessed the embrace and fished out his phone to capture the evidence. A little while ago, he was still stunned from the three words that escaped from her lips. He actually wanted to go after her and apologise to her yet now he didn’t feel the need to any longer as it was true to Taemin that there's something going on between Seungyoon and Minji.

It was half an hour later when Minji finally calmed down on the rooftop bench with Seungyoon seated right beside her. For the past thirty minutes, both were quiet while sobs made by Minji.

"He accused you," Seungyoon spoke with anger in his voice, breaking through the silence. His voice captured Minji’s attention and turned her head over to look at him. Feeling the pressure from her fragile orbs he trailed off quizzically, "Having an affair... with me?"

Thereafter, silence emitted into the air on the rooftop while Seungyoon instantly thought about the situation when an idea struck him. He started off with a sincere apology, "Minji, I am sorry for causing you to break up with him..." Then he broke off the idea to her, “Minji-sunbaenim, let's not be friends any more..." With that Seungyoon walked away with an heavy heart because he wanted to protect Minji from all unhappiness yet he was the one who indirectly caused her to shed tears.

Minji eyes widened upon hearing the words uttered from Seungyoon’s mouth. She couldn’t believe that a friendship can end that quickly just because of an accusation. The times they had spent being friends were always enjoyable as they always have endless topics to share about and that their times spent were always enjoyable.

All alone on the rooftop bench as the memories of the two heart breaking moments that day flashed through her head while she continued crying. She thought that Taemin was insane enough to break up just by accusing her. Then, Seungyoon, her close friend, decided to be crazier by ending their friendship when there was nothing going on.

The sky right above Minji also decided to cry with her as droplets of water sprinkled the land. The colder fluids landing on Minji actually made her smile as she felt that she wasn’t alone. Just when Minji was enjoying the refreshing treat, a shade shield (shielding) her from the rain. Minji turned around only to find her unnies behind the bench, each flashing her an reassuring smile.

Their reassuring smiles gave Minji warmth in her heart to find the courage to tell them about that day’s happening. Not only did she just gained comforts from her unnies, her unnies were capable enough to turn the tables. Dara had confronted Seungyoon about his rash decision to end the friendship in which Seungyoon ended up apologising to Minji for his rash ending of friendships and they became close friends again. On the other hand, Chaerin and Bom met Taemin personally the following day at Teddy’s café in the private area.

Though Taemin had reached fifteen minutes earlier than the arranged timing, he wasn’t early. The two ladies who had arranged to meet with him had already arrived and had their drinks served. He was initially expecting to only see Chaerin as she was the one who arranged the meeting. Bom’s appearance only makes him understand what their meeting for the day was about.

“Sorry to keep you waiting,” Taemin apologised with a bow before taking his seat.

After the necessary greetings, Bom went straight to the point, “Why did you accused Minji?”

Fishing out his phone, Taemin explained himself with the photograph of Seungyoon embracing Minji.

“Isn’t yesterday’s photo?” Chaerin asked Taemin cautiously in which Taemin nodded his head.

“If I am not wrong, this is taken after Minji left your car because you made her cry,” Chaerin asked Taemin and Taemin nodded his head once more.

“Since you knew the reason behind this photograph, why are you using this as evidence against Minji?” Bom asked.

“Honestly, I am upset that Minji is always late for our dates, it’s making me insecure. I don’t have enough evidence and this was in favour to me and so...” Taemin trailed off.

“Do you know that your accusation caused Minji to cry the whole night?” Chaerin revealed to Taemin. That caused Taemin’s eyes to widen as it wasn’t what he expected, he thought that Minji was really cheating him with Seungyoon

“I thought...” Taemin trailed off as he didn’t have enough valid explanation.

“I don’t want to see you hurting Minji anymore,” Bom warned sternly.

Taemin nodded his head, with that, they begun having a casual meal. After the meal, Taemin had volunteered to send Bom and Chaerin back to their dorm. He hoped that he got the chance to apologise to her and to explain to her for his wrong use of words. Yet, he didn’t get the chance as Bom and Chaerin told him that Minji wasn’t in the dorm but was in YG building.

That made Taemin disappointed and he sent a text to Minji to apologise. The message was successfully sent to Minji who was lying on the bed in her dorm. Though she was in the dorm when Taemin was outside the dorm, she refused to see him as she was still angry at Taemin for making such remark.

At first his hopes were high...

For the first day, he dialled Minji a hundred time, yet it was only greeted by the monotone voice at the end of the empty rings. For the first week, he showered Minji with gifts that she would like such as limited edition collectables, yet all those gifts were mailed back to him. Every day without fail, for the first three months, Taemin had been sending messages to Minji to apologise for the reckless comment he had made and tell her how much he loves her. Yet, she continued to ignore him.

He really wanted to apologise to Minji via all means, if he had the chance to meet Minji he would take the chance to apologise to her. Yet, there weren’t such chances. She didn’t agree to meet him and their monthly meetings where both groups attend hadn’t been complete since then. Her unnies didn’t give Taemin a cold shoulder and still continued on being friends with Taemin but on the days were Taemin attended, Minji didn’t attend and when Minji was certain that Taemin wouldn’t turn up, she would attend.

The first three months without Minji were like hell to him. He had been thinking all about Minji, wandering what she was doing, wandering if she had eaten or if she had slept well. He just wants to ensure that she’s doing well so he ended up stalking her with his social media account. His mind was drowned with memories of Minji that he drank daily for him to sleep instead of staying up while thinking all about her.

After the first three months, he gave up sending the texts. His hyungs had urged him to give up on Minji as he had become an alcoholic and it was starting to affect him in life. That was when he started to move on.

This day, 2nd December, marks the half a year mark since that day they met. After his three month persistence, he had moved on from Minji for three months to being single.

Taemin found himself standing, in front of the door next to the label ‘CL’, beside Kibum. Kibum gently knocked on the door.

Moments later, the door knob twisted and revealed a fine looking lady that made Taemin's heart skip a beat. After recognising her ever luscious lips and her ever familiar smile with her crescent shaped eyes, a wave of butterflies fluttered around his stomach as he wasn’t able to comprehend the scene that unfolded before him. He thought that he had moved on yet his heart started to run a marathon again. His astonished gaze was locked into her dilated orbs.

She couldn’t believe that he’s in front of her again... She had spent a lot of effort just to avoid him since that day he accused her. Initially, he did persist and those resistance of his almost made her heart flutter. When she almost gave in and forgive him, he stopped contacting her. It made her believe that he must have forgotten about her and that they wouldn’t meet ever again. But she was wrong...

Upon hearing the door open, Chaerin turned her head towards the door, hoping that it was Kibum. Indeed, it was Kibum by the door. Instantly, their gaze met while she made her way to Kibum. As she walked nearer to Kibum, she then realised that there were two figures staring at each other. Though she knew the two hadn’t saw each other for 180 days, she could still feel the love they have for each other through the locking of their orbs.

“Kibummie!” Chaerin purposely exclaimed in thrill to snap the maknaes out of their daze as well as to give him a warm welcome with open arms. Yet, she shot Kibum a quizzical look, questioning Taemin’s presence. Kibum mouthed, “I asked him to accompany me,” while he returned the look by asking why was Minji there.

“We are performing tonight,” Chaerin beamed as she led Kibum, with intertwining fingers, away from the entrance where the ‘staring contest’ was being held at. For a brief second, the two shared a worried look as they were worried about their maknaes. However, the Diva couple brushed off the idea as they felt that the maknaes should be given a chance to clarify the matter between themselves.

“The girls and you?” Kibum verified in which Chaerin smiled and nodded her head.

Kibum smiled. He knew how much Chaerin likes to perform, especially with her group members. It was, in fact, a torture for Chaerin when they are forced to go on a hiatus because he knew how much she enjoyed working with this group and how much she loved (love) her girls.

Walking into the waiting room, Kibum graciously greeted every stylist present in 2NE1’s waiting room and had a quick conversation with the Park sisters. After digging the pathway to the end of the room, Kibum and Chaerin sat by the black leather sofa as they got carried away in their own world, forgetting about the maknaes by the door.

By the door, Minji broke the intense interlocking of gaze as she felt her cheeks burnt. Seeing her fidget, Taemin looked away as he begun the search for courage to speak. He hadn’t seen her in so long but he had rehearsed what he wanted to say to her since a long time ago, he knew the content yet he needed to find his voice.

“M-minji,” Taemin stuttered with a broad grin as he finally could call her name when she’s right in front of him.

Trying to be seen as composed, Minji let out an icy cold, “Yea.”

Hearing her voice made him found the courage to apologise, “Minji, I am sorry...” Yet he trailed off while waiting for her response.

“Taemin-ssi, what are you sorry for?” Minji feigned innocence.

“I shouldn’t have accused you, Minji, I knew you weren’t like that type of person. I was too much that day as I was being too impatient. I am sorry Minji... But, you know?” Taemin apologised and left her hanging.

Taemin gave her a smiled as he walked towards her and embraced her. He whispered softly into her ear gently, “I never stopped loving you, in fact, I love you more. I have learnt to cherish you. Not seeing you for half a year, made my heart grow fonder. Can you forgot about that day?”

“B-but...” Minji stuttered as his words made her at a loss.

“But what?” Taemin asked gently. He was afraid that she might break off with him and he became nervously serious.

“I thought you had moved on. I thought you don’t love me any more...” Minji confessed as she fixated her gaze on the ground. She leaned towards his chest while her eyes welled with a layer of warm fluids. She clearly recalled how miserable the days since Taemin didn’t send her any text to apologise to her and tell her how much he love her.

Hearing that, Taemin mentally heaved a sigh of relief while he joked, “I moved on? How could I? When you are like a magnet attracting my heart towards you.”

Playfully, Minji used her clenched right fist and hit against Taemin’s chest. Taemin broad arms wrapped around Minji, pulling her closer to him. His pull was a strong one and it caused their lips to be only a few inches apart. With their lips few inches apart, their gaze glistened with hope of a new beginning.

“Will you be my girlfriend again?” Taemin whispered in her ears, instead of replying, she claimed his lips.

Miraculously, that unexpected meeting caused the maknaes to rekindle their relationship. Though the time they have to spend with each other were short as SHINee had to rush off to the Czech, but that time allowed them to appreciate each other presence more.