Unspoken love

Sungyeol has a secret

Sungyeol has a secret, a secret that he had been keeping ever since Infinite was formed.

XXX

“Yah!! Aish! We’re all gonna be so late if all of you guys don’t come out ready in 5 Minutes!!” their manager yelled as the boys ran around their new dorm. The fact that their dorm is wider it took them a longer time to get from one place to another unlike their old dorm where it doesn’t even take more than two seconds to get from their rooms to the kitchen or the bathroom. In times like this, they could not help but to miss their old home.

“Kids hurry up now, we could not afford to be late for our interview,” Sunggyu chipped in as he gestured everyone out the door. Sungyeol blew his newly-cut fringe out of his face as he fussed about tying his tie. No matter how hard he tried, he could still not get it tied but instead he jumbled them up into a tight knot. He stomped his feet at his fail. Glancing up, the first person that he saw lighted up his mood nearly instantly.

“Hyung ermm…mind helping me tie my—“

“Argh Gyu-hyung! Your tie’s a mess!” Woohyun bounces off towards their leader who was looking down at his own tie with a confused expression. Sungyeol’s heart sank immediately. Once again he runs off to the one and only Sunggyu. Sungyeol could only watch as the shorter tugged onto the older’s tie making him cough.

“Yah! How many times must I come in here and tell you guys to hurry up!!??” their manager barged in once again and scolded them. All of them jumped and scurried out the door. Sungyeol puffed out his cheeks as he failed to tie his tie once again. He was about to pull the tie out when a pair of hands held it and began to tie it for him neatly. Sungyeol’s gaze followed the hands up onto the owner’s face. He watched as his best friend helped him out calmly. His eyes set focused onto the task he was doing.

Myungsoo, forever calm and at ease, something that Sungyeol always envied.

“Hyung, don’t let it spoil your mood. The day’s just started,” Myungsoo looked up to Sungyeol and gave him a small smile before turning to leave. Sungyeol stood there frozen as he watched Myungsoo’s back. He knew that despite Myungsoo’s expressionless face and strong gaze, his mind works twice as fast as the others and it would always be working twenty-four-seven. Hence Sungyeol was not surprised at all that Myungsoo was able to detect his negative mood. He chuckled to himself totally forgetting that he was even in such a mood before.

“Well, aren’t you part of Infinite?!” Sungyeol was yanked out from his thoughts as his manager poked his head out from behind the door and yelled at him. He ran and trailed after their manager and into their black van as they head out for their schedule.

                                                                                                ~~~

“Ohh~ My throat hurts and I need water,” Woohyun whined as all of them walked into their dressing room after filming their interview. Sungyeol glanced at him before heading to the fridge to get him bottled water.

“Here, drink mine,” Sungyeol spun around only to watch Sunggyu holding out his bottle at Woohyun. Instantly, Woohyun grabbed the bottle and gulped down the remaining water. Sungyeol’s eye twitched as something inside him broke. He knew that each and every one of them share the same bottle when performing or drink from the same cup back at their dorm but something about Woohyun putting his lips where Sunggyu’s just had been not a second ago made him grit his teeth. However he knew better than to make a scene then and there, thus he turned his attention onto the bottle he was holding and twisted the cap silently. Infinite lazed around in the dressing room as they waited for their black van to arrive.

“Why can’t you just be like Sungyeol?” Sungyeol’s ears perked up at the mention of his name as his attention strayed away from the iPad he was holding to the two figures on the other side of the dressing room.

“Well that’s cause I’m not the problem,” Woohyun crossed his arms across his chest as he gave their manager a look. Their manager rolled his eyes at him and said, “so Sungyeol’s the problem?”

“What? No! it’s just that his….boring,” Woohyun stopped himself and whispered out the last word in a matter of fact as he glanced at Sungyeol who quickly turned his attention back onto the iPad, pretending as if he was not listening. Yet in fact, he had definitely heard every single word that Woohyun had said. His heart thumped hard against his chest as if it was furiously trying to get free. Sungyeol tried to steady his breathing quietly as he began to look at the screen, not really focusing on what he was reading.

“So you want to exchange rooms with Dongwoo?” their manager tried to reason with him. Woohyun nodded.

“Yeah, Dongwoo’s a heavy sleeper…he won’t care. Please~” Woohyun begged. Sungyeol could feel a lump forming in his throat. When their manager gave out their assigned rooms, he was beyond ecstatic to be sharing a room with Woohyun but now hearing Woohyun beg to change rooms, his heart shattered. He knew why Woohyun wanted to specifically change rooms with Dongwoo. It’s definitely not because Dongwoo won’t care or the fact that he’s a heavy sleeper…it’s the reason that Dongwoo’s roommate was none other than Kim Sunggyu. And that broke Sungyeol even more. He muted out the conversation instantly not wanting to hurt himself any longer. His finger trembled at the pain he felt inside as he tapped onto a random icon.

Myungsoo did what he had always been doing.

He watched.

He watched as the boy before him struggled to hide his forming tears. He watched as Sungyeol discreetly tried to wipe the tears that had escaped. His eyes followed a tear that Sungyeol had missed as it glided its way down his rosy cheek and fell onto the screen of the iPad, yet Sungyeol was too hurt to notice. Sungyeol was hurt,

And Myungsoo felt it too.

                                                                                               

They were on their ride back to their dorm. It was already half-past-eleven at night and the boys were asleep due to exhaustion after completing their schedule for the day. Sungyeol however was very awake. He was controlling his jagged breathing throughout the ride as Woohyun’s head rests innocently onto his right shoulder. Sungyeol hated it. He hated how he could break or drown himself in sorrow over each and every small and insignificant thing that Woohyun did to him. Sungyeol looked down at him. Woohyun’s sharp features slid in and out of sight as the tall trees standing side by side along the side of the road broke the moonlight. He smiled weakly as he slightly buried his nose into Woohyun’s hair, breathing in his hypnotizing scent. His gaze travelled down to his neck, his collarbone, shoulder and finally down his arm and as if a knife had plunged deep into his heart, he saw that Woohyun’s right hand was intertwined tightly in Sunggyu’s.

His emotions held no more mercy as the tears flowed over his lids and the sobs came rather violently. Sungyeol turned away as his hand gently pushed Woohyun’s head over to the other side and onto Sunggyu’s broad shoulder instead. He leaned his forehead against the cold window as he bit down onto the sleeve of his jacket to muffle out the sobs. He pulled his knees up to his chest in a failed attempt to find comfort for his broken heart. He could not take it anymore. The pain was excruciating. He bit harder onto his jacket as the tears kept on coming. The past then flashed before him as his mind plunged into his memories. He was brought back to the day that he was going to meet his new group members.

He was beyond nervous. His hand trembled as his palms grew sweaty and clammy. “I can do it…I can do it….” his mind chanted as he stood before the door to the dance room. Sungyeol gave the man beside him, their current manager, a small nod before the man opened the door. His eyes were fixed onto his shoes as voices danced into his ears. Breathing in deep he glanced up and took in the scene before him. Five boys were on the floor while one stood before them. He was nervous as hell and it certainly did not help when he heard some groans and “a new one again?” coming out from the lot. He looked at the boy who was standing. He was absolutely, no doubt very pretty. He could even pass for a girl. The boy bowed deeply at him which shocked him for awhile.

“ahhh~This must be the other new member..” Sungyeol thought to himself. He gave the boy a bow and a smile. Relief took over him as he was glad he was not in this alone. However the smile was wiped off his face as the five boys that were sitting on the floor stared at him, some were frowning while some were just…staring, in fact one of them did not even have any expressions on his face AT ALL. He gulped

He then bowed deeply and politely told them to take good care of him and such. He was greeted only with silence. He could feel that neither of his presence nor the pretty boy’s was much anticipated by the rest. He knew that he was kind of new and sudden but at least they could afford to pretend to welcome him into the group. He cursed in his mind as he already began to mark that day as his worst so far. However he was caught off guard when someone stood before him and gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder.

It was him.

His smile was wide and sincere and when he said that the rest were glad that he was here made something inside him spark. He smiled back at him. He actually felt welcomed.  From that day onwards, he knew he had fallen in love with none other than Nam Woohyun.

And it sure didn’t take him for long to realize that Woohyun was in fact in love with their leader. Hence he had always kept his undying love for him a secret. A secret that not even his best friend, Myungsoo knew.

He was yanked out of his thoughts when he felt sudden warmth enveloping his hand. His eyes snapped open as he turned to look at the other members sleeping at the row of seats behind him. He found out that Myungsoo had reached over his front seat just to place his hand over Sungyeol’s. Myungsoo’s eyes stared deep into his and in an instant, he felt a wave of calmness gently his wounded heart and filling him with something he could not really put his finger on. Neither did Myungsoo smile nor say anything but his eyes held everything as Sungyeol gave him a nod and stopped crying. He turned back to the front and closed his eyes, wanting to forget everything that had happened, his hand grasping tightly back onto Myungsoo’s.

                                                                                                XXX

 

Everyone flopped onto their respective beds, not caring to change out of their attire. Not more than five minutes had passed, the whole dorm was greeted by nothing but random soft snores coming from different rooms. Everyone was asleep and it felt like as if the night too had fallen asleep with them. Sungyeol lay in bed, eyes wide open staring straight at the ceiling. The room was dark and empty. He could not bear to turn to his left where Woohyun’s sleeping form used to be. Woohyun’s a silent sleeper while Dongwoo’s totally the opposite; hence Sungyeol had even more trouble in falling asleep. Tried as he might, he could still not fall asleep. Even blinking seemed to be difficult for him. Giving out a long defeated sigh, he got out of his bed and strode for the door. His eyes never once glance at the other person sleeping in his room. He pushed the door open and peeked out into the dark living room. Walking as fast and quietly as he could he finally reached the kitchen. He gasped as he saw an extremely familiar dark figure leaning against the kitchen counter eating an…apple? He switched the lights on only to groan slightly as the light lashed at his eyes. He blinked a few times before meeting a strong gaze. He sighed.

“Ouh..hey Myung.” He gave the latter a wave as he walked to his coffee-making machine. Coffee, something that he needs whenever he feels troubled but everyone knew he was just simply addicted to the caffeine. He grabbed a glass and poured the hot coffee. The smell wafted into the air, he breathed in the scent. He sighed once again as he brought the cup to his lips.

“You’ve been sighing a lot this whole day,” Myungsoo startled him and he accidentally burnt his tongue. He turned to him and glared.

“What?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he walked to lean on the kitchen counter beside Myungsoo. He stared at his coffee. Silence soon greeted them. No one spoke a word. Sungyeol had already grown accustomed to Myungsoo’s lack of interest in social interactions ever since he started becoming close to him. Sungyeol could feel Myungsoo’s gaze burning the side of his face. Sungyeol sighed which earned a raised eyebrow by Myungsoo. Sungyeol seriously did not want to talk about it. Heck, he can’t even talk about it because it was his bloody deepest darkest secret. Just by the thought of telling someone that he loves Woohyun made him feel all embarrassed inside. He shut his eyes before turning to look at Myungsoo.

It was a mistake. Sungyeol found himself staring straight into Myungsoo’s deep dark brown orbs. Something about them captivated him and he could not simply look away. Myungsoo’s gaze burned into his and his breath became choppy. All of a sudden, Sungyeol could see something darkened in those eyes. They held so many words yet Sungyeol could not interpret any meaning.

“Sungyeol~”Myungsoo whispered as he leaned towards him. Sungyeol could not help but to feel that his name sounded perfect when it rolled out from Myungsoo’s tongue. He actually liked it. Myungsoo was close. Sungyeol could smell his cool breath in his face. Sweet, delicious, the scent captivated him. It was unlike anything else.

“Don’t move,” Myungsoo breathed as his hands grazed along Sungyeol’s arms, his fingers curled around the back of his neck while the other took the cup of coffee out of his hands and placed it at the counter. Sungyeol’s eyes instinctively fluttered close. Every part of his body froze as he felt warm soft lips pressed very gently against his. His heartbeat quickened and he had no idea what to do. His mind was jumbled up and he could not think straight. However Myungsoo did not stop. He parted his mouth as his tongue grazed slowly along Sungyeol’s bottom lip. Sungyeol moaned but stopped when he realized what he just did. He could feel Myungsoo smirked against his lips. Sungyeol felt blush crept up to his cheeks but he soon forgot about them when he felt Myungsoo nibbled and lightly onto his bottom lip. That was all it took for Sungyeol to respond. He felt his blood boiled under his skin, burned his lips. His breath came in wild gasp. His fingers shot up to knot them in Myungsoo’s hair, clutching him closer. His lips parted and Myungsoo’s tongue caressed the other. Soon their tongue danced a fierce tango, fighting for dominance but Sungyeol realized that something about Myungsoo’s kiss made his stronger than his own. It was his emotions. It took over his body like wild fire and he leaned closer towards Sungyeol, bringing their body closer together. Sungyeol was pushed to the table as he grew weak from the empowering kiss. Their lungs burst as it screamed for oxygen. They broke the kiss as the two gasped for air. They panted, eyes never leaving the other as they stood, body pressed against one another.  Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol’s half lidded eyes, messy hair and his red swollen lips. His blood immediately rushed downwards just from the sigh. Myungsoo leaned forward and captured Sungyeol’s lips once again.

“Oh god I love you Sungyeol. I love you so much,” his lips brushed against Sungyeol’s as he said it in almost a desperate manner. Myungsoo clutched onto both his shoulders as if he was holding on for dear life. Sungyeol had never seen or heard Myungsoo acted that way before. It was rather terrifying. Sungyeol’s eyes fluttered open when he felt tears falling onto his cheeks and he realized that he was not the one crying. He looked at Myungsoo who looked rather broken. Myungsoo leaned his forehead against Sungyeol’s. His eyes were still shut tight and his knuckles were turning white at the strong grip. It breaks Sungyeol to see his best friend in such a state. Myungsoo leaned forward and kissed him again.

“He doesn’t love you but I do. I’ll love you with all my heart. He won’t,” Sungyeol froze at those words. He was caught off guard at the sudden confession. With that, he freed himself from Myungsoo’s strong grasps and ran from him. He dashed across the dark living room and straight into a room.

Their room, Sunggyu and Woohyun’s.

He fell to his knees beside Woohyun’s bed. He could see the boy’s peaceful sleeping face. He stared at the perfectly sculptured nose that he loved. He gazed at those soft cheeks. His eyes then finally landed onto Woohyun’s lips, those red plump lips that he had always dreamt of kissing. His fingers rose up and gently trace along the line of his bottom lip. Woohyun stirred. Yet Sungyeol still continued.

“hehe..stop it…ahhh…Gyu-hyung..it ticklessssssss….’ Woohyun slurred in his sleep. Sungyeol’s fingers stopped in mid-air as the words that came out those very lips stabbed straight into the core of his heart. The shard edge of the name “Gyu-hyung” snapped the last of his barrier. The tears flowed out. The confessions for the guy before him seeped into the tears and disappeared into the darkness of the room. They were silent words, silent emotions that were buried deep inside him.

“I love you Woohyun….”Sungyeol whispered the words he knew he could never say it out loud. As he buried his face into the pillow where Woohyun’s head lay, Sungyeol cried even more. He was crying directly in front of the boy whom the tears were meant for. Yet Woohyun did not even wake up neither did he even move. The love Sungyeol had for him soaked up the pillow as he sobbed harder.

 

Myungsoo shut his eyes as he leaned his head back onto the closed door. His own tears spilled. He could literally feel Sungyeol’s pain radiating from the room. He could even hear his soft sobs from behind the door. He was mad at himself. He knew that Sungyeol was trying his hardest to hide his feelings from Woohyun and the rest of them but Myungsoo could see it. He knew from the start that Sungyeol had a thing for their hyung. He could see the way his eyes would glimmer and shine whenever Woohyun walks into the room. Even the slightest word or smile from him could make Sungyeol glow and it hurts Myungsoo terribly when he realized his own feelings towards the boy.

And the night continued as the two boys cried their hearts out at their unspoken love.

                                                                                                XXX

“Yah!! If you guys don’t come out of the rooms right now, we’d be late!” their manager yelled as he paced around the large living room. He looked up and stared at the boy sitting quietly on the sofa, legs crossed, all set and ready, book in hand. The boy looked up at the manger and raised an eyebrow.

“Tell me, Myung. Why are you the only one always dressed and ready?” the latter gave a slight shrug before giving his attention back to his book.  One by one the rest scrambled out of their rooms. Hoya helped Dongwoo to straighten out his collar. Sungjong gulped quickly onto his cup of milk. Woohyun fixed Sunggyu’s fringe as their manager clapped his hands together and screamed at them something about being late and such. Myungsoo looked up at him when he walked out of the room. He watched from where he was as the other struggled once again with his tie, his brows furrowed together. Myungsoo pushed his book into his bag and stood up. He strode calmly towards the latter and grabbed onto his tie. It made the other froze in his track. Myungsoo could feel his gaze burning the crown of his head as he continued to tie the tie for him.

“I’m sorry for what I said last night,” Myungsoo said before looking up and stared into those pair of eyes that he loves so much.

“But I’m not for that kiss,” Myungsoo whispered as he flattened the tie against other’s chest before turning around and head for the door.

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo’s back. His words kept on replaying in his mind. Soon enough a small smile tugged onto the sides of his lips.

“Yah! Sungyeol ah! Why do you keep on forgetting that you ARE part of Infinite?!!” their manager shouted at him. The sudden yell made him jump but it did not wipe the grin off his face. He skipped out and head towards the black van. He slid the door open and met eyes with Myungsoo’s. He scrambled up into the seat beside him.

The ride was ordinary and everyone was in their own world or having random conversation with one another. Hoya was asleep; his ears were plugged with his earpiece. Dongwoo’s laughing hard over something that Sungjong was showing him on Hoya’s iPad. Woohyun leaned his head onto Sunggyu’s shoulder while Sunggyu played with his fingers. Myungsoo as per normal watched them.

He was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts when he felt a hand snaking its way into his and filling up those empty spaces between his fingers. He closed them and held tightly onto their intertwined hands. They fit perfectly together and even Sungyeol knows it. He felt the boy beside him rests his head on his shoulder. Myungsoo buried his nose into the crown of his head and breathed in the scent.

“I’m willing to give us a try,” it was a soft whisper but Myungsoo heard it, loud and clear. He was contented. His expressionless face softened as he smiled. He smiled widely for the first time.

                                                                                                XXX

Sungyeol had a secret and Myungsoo knew it. The secret was left unspoken as the two of them created a whole new story and memories together.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hope it really wasn't too disappointing...I may fail at certain parts..or in fact failed all together but i Hope you guys enjoyed:)

It's really my first Infinite fic. hehe you guys can actually see which is my two biased OTPs. Woogyu and Myungyeol!woohoo!

So thanks for reading anyways:) hope you guys will check out my other fic,http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/50005/love-s-way-jonghyun-key-minho-onew-shinee-taemin  and support meh^~^ THANK YOU THANK YOU<3333