Final

In the end

  

"… the meteorite will land in Seoul today…" The voice from the radio sounded from a distance.

That was all Daesung managed to catch in his groggy state. It took a moment for him to process the words, and when he did, he jumped off bed. Running outside in his pajamas, he saw people running everywhere with no distinct directions. It was a mess.

Daesung had to go. His car wasn't in the lot, it seemed like someone had stolen it. So he ran. There was one place he had to be, one person he had to be with, for one last time.

Was there enough time?

He ran till his legs felt like giving out but he pressed on. He had to see that person for a last time.

The air was getting hotter and it was becoming harder to breathe. Yet, it didn't stop him.

The YG building could be seen, he was almost there. That person must be inside.

He was almost at the gate. A familiar figure was pulling away from Youngbae and Jiyong, fighting to get away.

'He's here!'

"Seunghyun!" He called out.

The male turned around. He began making his way to Daesung, running.

He was so close, yet so far.

They stretched out their arm towards each other but they never managed to reach.

So close yet, so far.

There was only a flash of white, a moment of searing heat.

Then, there was nothing.

 

~~~

 

"… Daesungie!"

Daesung woke up, tears streaming down his eyes, his mind in a state of confusion.

"Dae, what nightmare were you having?" The person he loved most in the world was looking down at him, concerned, worried.

"Seunghyun…" That was all he managed to blurt out before bursting out in tears.

"Shh… I'm here, baby…" Seunghyun helped him to sit up in bed, pressing kisses onto his face. He held Daesung's head to his chest, letting the younger wet his shirt, releasing whatever torn him apart like that.

They showered together, doing naughty stuff in the bathroom then had breakfast together.

It was a perfectly normal day, just like any other day, save for some screaming that Daesung kept hearing.

"I don't hear anything." Seunghyun had told him when he had asked and Daesung convinced himself that it was all in his mind.

Seunghyun lied.

"Let's go up to the rooftop." Seunghyun told him.

"What's there?" Somehow, he was a little frightened.

Maybe, it was just leftover fear from his nightmare.

"It's bright out there. I want to enjoy the sun." Seunghyun smiled, and it calmed him a little.

An alarm sounded off in his mind. This was not right.

Seunghyun was not right.

Seunghyun did not like to be in the sun.

But still, he followed Seunghyun.

It was bright outside, unusually so, and the air was warmer.

They sat on the floor, looking up at clouds. Seunghyun held him close by the waist.

"Daesungie, I just want you to know that you are my everything."

Daesung turned to look at Seunghyun, he saw that the elder's eyes were b with tears.

'Why is it becoming warmer?'

"What do you mean?" There must be a reason why Seunghyun was behaving like this.

"This morning, while you were asleep…"

'Why does the sun seemed to have moved closer?'

"… will land today. It seems like the government had known for a long time but kept it a secret to prevent a nationwide panic."

And it hits him. He must have had that dream because subconsciously he heard the announcement. That's why the feeling of wrongness kept nagging at him.

"I wanted our last day together to be as normal, as perfect as possible." Seunghyun hugged him tight and breathed in the scent that he so loved. "Smile for me, Daesungie, take away my fear."

Daesung pulled back to take one last look at his most beloved, to take in everything that was Choi Seunghyun. He can't help but feel disappointed, there wasn't more time for the two of them.

And he smiled.

A heart-achingly beautiful smile.

He wanted to spend his forever with Seunghyun.

But forever came too soon.

"At least we got to spend the rest of our lives together." He told Seunghyun. "I love you, Seunghyun."

"And I, you."

With a last embrace and a final kiss, they turned into ashes.