Refresh

It all started with us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1k words. short s . sorry.

x

 

After adjusting themselves for a couple days, the medical team starts to sort the medicine and other tools in the medicube. Their missions are simple, treat the local civillians, gives medical check-up, and then they can go home. With the headcounts of the local civillians, they were estimated to be there for a month.

Instead of sorting the things out, Baekhyun lean on to the wall beside the aisle and close his eyes. Eunji glares at him, "He is surely have a severe jetlag." she says in mocking tone. "I did, indeed." Baekhyun replies making Eunji scoffs. Naeun just smiles at them, bickering.

It's been two days.

It's been two days since they reaches Arachova.

It's been three day since Naeun re-united with Jongin after a year long.

She wonder, how long must it take for them to be like before again. For Jongin to acknowledge that she's actually there, right in front of him.

As Naeun is thinking, a tap on her shoulder makes her to look up and awake from her daze.

"Captain Oh said he wants to meet you." Jongdae take the box from her lap.

 

Naeun knocks on the door she was told to be the Captain's office.

"Come in." She heard and twist the doorknob before she slips into the office. "I was told that you wanted to –" Naeun become mute for a second as Jongin is looking at her. For the first time, today he look at me. He actually look at me. Naeun is jumping happily in her thought but she manage to keep her face straight. "– see me?"

Sehun smiles as he stands up and pick a box from under the table. "Come here. I have some presents for the medical team."

Naeun glances at Jongin who is already back on his paperworks as she make her way to Sehun's table. "What is that?"

Sehun open the box and Naeun take a peek inside the box. Her eyebrows meet with each other. ". . . Walkie-talkie?" She looks at Sehun.

"Because the signal is not that good here, so we; the soldiers uses this to communicate with each other." Sehun take one of the walkie-talkie out. "It's more convenient and much easier this way." He smiles again. How can a captain of a special force be so generous with his smile?

". . . Ah. . . yes. ."

Seeing how Naeun responds, Sehun chuckles. "You don't know how to use walkie-talkie, right?" Naeun shakes her head as a 'no'.

"Look, the button here –" Sehun's words interject by the sound of the phone. "Excuse me." Sehun walks out from the room leaving just Naeun and Jongin, alone.

Naeun can feel the silent between them. She swear to god that she can hear the beating sound of her heart and the fan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter