1/1

You're Just a Daydream Away

Mark sighed. The day was going by slowly and he only had classes he enjoyed less. He could tell the others didn't enjoy this particular class that much either. Because, you know, when you can hear their thoughts it's kind of hard to miss. Mark wished he was normal, without his own certain ability but there was nothing he could do. Sure, he could shut out their voices but it took some concentration Mark didn't have. And many times their thoughts were more interesting than the class. So it wasn't entirely a bad thing. Still Mark tried to convince himself it was.
'He looks so good today!'
Oh, this guy again. Everyone had different schedules but Mark somehow always ended up with one guy who was constantly thinking about him. In the beginning he had found it weird and creepy but now he found it funny and cute. Mark didn't personally know this guy but he seemed like a decent guy. A little shy but definitely a good human being. Mark both wanted to and didn't want to approach him and get to know him. He wanted to because he wanted to get to know the guy, who he knew was called Jackson, but at the same time he didn't after hearing what the guy thought about him. Mark was used to people complimenting his looks but it usually wasn't more than that. But this guy was different. He didn't only think about how good Mark looked but also about all the small details, like how the corner of his mouth would twitch from time to time when he was trying not to smile. The way his eyes lit up when he enjoyed something. Mark had basically gotten his whole body language read by this guy.

Jackson was his name. Mark wondered why Jackson liked him; Jackson was very attractive and had a great amount of qualities anyone would appreciate. He could have anyone but he wanted Mark. Or Mark couldn't say Jackson wanted him since they never talked and Jackson didn't seem to plan doing do either. It was like he was just admiring from afar. It drove Mark insane. For once he wanted someone to approach him. 

He waited for a week. Still nothing. Mark was not far from gripping this guy's shoulders and shouting at him. How could he do like this? Why can't he just ask Mark out? When class ended Mark walked behind Jackson. He was hoping Jackson would finally talk to him. Mark was growing impatient.
'He's walking behind me, why would he do that. I really want to approach him-'
"BUT APPROACH ME THEN!"
Everything became quiet. Jackson turned around and faced Mark, just like everyone else in the hallway did. Mark grabbed Jackson's wrist and dragged him towards the bathrooms, pulling him inside once they got there.
"Do you have something to tell me?"
Jackson looked beyond shocked.
"W-what?"
Mark didn't answer.
'Can he not stand so close, it's making my heart beat faster.'
"Can't you just say it out loud?"
"I don't understand what you're talking about."
"Yes, you do."
Silence.
"Please do tell your thoughts out loud instead of letting them stay quiet."
"You're crazy.", Jackson said and made an attempt to walk away.
"And you're crazy in love with me.", Mark said and held Jackson against the wall, one hand on each side of his face. Jackson's cheeks grew hot and were now painted a dark shade of red.
"I-I...how would you know?"
Mark smirked. "I have my ways."
Mark leaned in and pecked Jackson's lips softly.
"See you tomorrow Jackson. You better start a conversation then."