Visitation

Visitation

April 4th, 2015

“Come ON, Hajoon. We need to meet your mother soon,” said a man with dark brown hair to the child he was pulling along through the door of a coffee shop.

“Welcome to Coffee Castle, how may I help you?” called the blonde man behind the wood slated counter in a not so friendly voice.

“Hello, can I please get a medium iced caramel cappuccino. Hajoon, what do you want?” the brown haired man asked the little boy.

“Hmmm, I want chocolate milk,” the little boy, Hajoon, said after much deliberation.

“Okay then, one medium iced caramel cappuccino and one chocolate milk. That’ll be $4.75,” said the blonde worker. Yoongi, his nametag read.

“Uh, okay, not to look the gift horse in the mouth, but isn’t the total supposed to be $6.35? I think you entered something wrong,” the father said toward the worker.

“Nah, it’s right. I just gave you my discount. I’m friends with the owner, so it’s chill. You’re cute, you deserve it… uhh…” Yoongi trailed off, obviously awaiting a response from the other.

“Jimin,” the patron supplied, “and you aren’t so bad yourself, Yoongi. Can you call my name when my order is done? I need to go greet my company,” Jimin said as he started to walk toward a small circular table near the wooden panel accent wall in the back of the shop.

“Of course,” the blonde said with a small smile as he watched the back of the patron. His smile, however, faltered when he saw the company of the patron was a young woman.

May 4th, 2015

“Hajoon, you can take your hat off now, but you need to keep it on when we are outside. We don’t want you to get sunburned,” Jimin said as he took off his own sunhat while entering the quaint café.

“Welcome to Coffee Castle, how may I help you?” called Yoongi from behind the baby pink espresso machine on the counter in a very bored, very tired voice.

“One medium iced caramel cappuccino and one chocolate milk, please,” Jimin asked as he grabbed his son’s hand and guided him to the ordering counter.

“Okay, the total will be $6.35,” Yoongi said after punching in a few things on his screen.

“What? No discount this time?” Jimin asked with a slight chuckle.

“Well, I shouldn’t have been flirting with a taken man, so no. No discount this time,” Yoongi said with a grimace.

“Taken? Just because I have a kid doesn’t automatically mean I am taken,” Jimin said as he pulled his card from his wallet and paid for his beverages.

“No, but the kid calling her mommy,” Yoongi gestured toward the woman sitting at a table in the back, “does mean you are. Sorry, but I am not a homewrecker,” the blonde stated as he handed Jimin his card back and turned around to begin making the drinks.

“Okay,” Jimin said as he guided Hajoon over to the table where his mom was sitting.

May 18th, 2015.

The doorbell chimed, signaling a new customer had walked into the door.

Yoongi looked up from watering the fresh pink tulips in vases on every table to greet the patron, “Welcome to Coffee Castle, how may I help you?”

“One medium iced caramel cappuccino, please,” said a familiar voice underneath dark brown hair and thin circle rimmed glasses.

“Ah, Jimin. No Hajoon today?” Yoongi asked as returned to the counter and took Jimin’s card from his outstretched hand.

“No, Hajoon is in school. I only have to bring him here once a month for visitation with his mother,” Jimin said with a smirk as he gratefully took his coffee and began walking toward the door. “See you next time, Yoongi,” he called with a slight wave toward the cashier before the door closed behind him.

“Visitation?” Yoongi thought to himself as he stared unseeingly at the muted pink accent wall across from the counter with a confused furrow of his brows. Then, as realization dawned on him, the furrow disappeared and a small smile formed on his lips. Visitation, he thought happily.

June 4th, 2015

“Hajoon, stop shaking the umbrella! You are getting water everywhere,” Jimin scolded his son as they entered the coffee house.

“Sorry daddy,” the little boy said as he stopped playing with the water.

“Welcome back to Coffee Castle, Jimin. Same order?” Yoongi asked with a gummy smile.

“Yeah, but this time I would like a piece of strawberry cheesecake, and Hajoon would like a banana muffin,” Jimin said as he took down his hood and shook his hair out.

“Okay, that will be $7.99,” Yoongi said as he raised an expectant hand in Jimin’s direction.

“Ah, the discount is back,” Jimin said as he handed the blonde his card, “What’s got you in such a good mood?” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Nothing, it has just been a slow day. That’s all,” Yoongi said as his pale face took on a subtle pink shading.

“Uh huh. A slow day when it is abnormally cold for a summer day and is pouring down rain. Sure, because I am totally the only person in here right now,” Jimin said, making a grand gesture toward the café where almost every chair and the wall length booth was full.

“Shut up and take your stuff,” Yoongi said with a scowl as he passed Jimin’s purchase to him.

“Thank you, Yoongi~!” Jimin called with a wink as he walked with Hajoon over to the woman in the back.

June 7th, 2015

The cold and rain had finally passed, and the sun was beginning to shine once more. Seeing the sunshine and feeling the heat every time the frosted glass door opened only made Yoongi scowl a little more each time.

“What’s got your mood so sour?” asked a voice directly in front of the cash register, causing Yoongi to jump.

“Ah, sorry sorry. Welcome to Coff—oh. It’s you, Jimin. Same thing?” Yoongi asked, ashamed for zoning out while on the clock.

“Of course, you should know me well enough to know I get the same thing every time,” Jimin said, not even waiting for the total before handing over his card.

“How am I supposed to know you well enough when you’ve come into the shop a grand total of 5 times?” Yoongi asked with a scowl as he handed Jimin his card back.

“So you have been keeping track, huh?” Jimin asked with a wink, causing Yoongi’s face and collarbones to flush even more so. “But don’t worry, I would like to get to know you better. Here, call me sometime. Like tonight or tomorrow sometime,” the brunette said as he handed Yoongi a business card and grabbed his completed drink from the counter.

The man began walking out the door before he stopped, turned toward the counter, winked at Yoongi and blew him a kiss. The flush and grimace on Yoongi’s face caused him to laugh full of mirth as he walked out the door.

Yoongi looked down at the business card and read the elegant script text:

Park Jimin
Personal Trainer
202-555-0191

Before his courage could disappear, Yoongi quickly pulled out his phone and dialed the number.

“Hello?”

“Hi Jimin, its Yoongi,” he said into the receiver, “What did you have in mind to get to know me better?”