Part 3: A Heavy Heart

Uni. Oneshot Series

Next thing Hakyeonie knew she was pulled in tightly to the embrace of another. She let out short puffs of exhausted breaths taking in the appearance of the male behind her who slightly towered over her figure. His worried eyes staring back at hers through the mirror's reflection.

 

"Hongbin..."

 

"Are you alright?" His soft baritone voice rumbled beside her ear and she almost forgot why she was feeling this way in the first place.Until her memories rushed back to her in a matter of seconds leaving her feeling even more dizzy than before.

 

Hongbin helped her slowly sit down on the floor, sitting in front of her as he did so. Hakyeonie stared down into her lap, her hair covering her eyes as she breathed heavily.

 

"I'm not going to ask." He stated after a while, “but please don’t do this to yourself.”

 

The concern in his voice wavered in her ears. Her hand clenched tightly close, “I don’t need your concern, Hongbin. I am doing fine.”

 

Hakyeonie felt him tighten his grip on her shoulder, “No you are not!” She turned her gaze to him, “You are hurting yourself over this guy. What is so great about him anyway!?”

 

Fresh tears still glimmered on her cheeks as they stared into each other's eyes. She couldn’t break down, not now.

 

She watched as Hongbin’s face twisted into a mix of hurt and concern, “Day after day, you put yourself through constant rough dance practices, just to what? Impress him? But he never notices how much effort you put into to make him notice you. Why, Noona, why do you invite him in when he only has eyes for Jaehwa-noona? Why do you hurt yourself like this?”

 

Hakyeonie remained silent, turning the questions around in her mind. To find she didn’t even know the answer herself.

 

Hongbin let go of her shoulders and let out a long sigh. After a moment, he gave her one of his famous dimple smiles, “Noona, let’s go take a walk.”

 

Her eyes widen at the surprise turn of conversation. And Hongbin shyly continued, “You’ve been cooped up in this stuffy dance room for a while, I just thought the nice cool breeze would help.” A light blush fluttered over the younger man’s cheeks at the request.

 

And for once, Hakyeonie felt herself genuinely smile at his thoughtfulness, “Thank you….I’ll take you up on that offer.”

 

Hongbin’s eyes sparkled with such joy, Hakyeonie felt happiness enveloped her that she had such a valuable friend.

 


 

Hongbin glanced to his left to make sure Hakyeonie was still beside him. The older girl walked with her head low and a sad smile, he didn’t like it at all.

 

On a impulse, Hongbin grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers together. Hakyeonie stopped walking at the action, pulling him to a stop as well. Seeing the older just simply staring down at their connected hands made Hongbin lightly blushed and feel all warm and fuzzy inside from her cute reaction.

 

“I’m sorry. I just wanted make sure I didn’t lose you in the crowd.” Hongbin softly apologized, planning on pulling back until Hakyeonie simply just shook her head softly and smiled up at him.

 

“It’s fine, Hongbin. Can...we stay like this for awhile?”

 

Hongbin resisted from grinning like an idiot and avoided her gaze, “S-sure.”

 

Falling back into a walking rhythm again, Hongbin noticed how soft and warm her hands were, so small and gentle. He could easily fit a tiny ring on it. Hongbin blushed deep red as the last thought came to mind and he quickly dismissed it. He really...he glanced at her tiny smile…..shouldn’t be thinking like that.

 

The cool fall breeze rustled by them softly as people pass them by. They held onto each other’s hands tightly as if they let go, all their feelings would burst out into the open. They were friends who help each other when the other had fallen and Hongbin didn’t want to let go of that feeling just yet.

 

“There’s a cafe just down the way.” Hongbin offered gently, wondering if something to eat will help her feel better.

 

Hakyeonie nodded softly.

 


 

Entering the small warmth of the cafe felt soothing. Hongbin reluctantly let go of her hand as she slipped off to order for them. Hongbin felt guilty for making the older pay but she probably need a distraction from all her thoughts.

 

Letting out a long sigh, Hongbin silently took a seat at a window table. Staring out the window with his head propped up on his chin. He could girls giggling in the background and talking amongst themselves. But he didn’t care one bit, there was only one girl that he only wanted attention from.

 

“Hongbin,” his face turned cherry red as she seated in front of him with the tray of food. “I’m sorry they were out of your favorites. I hope you don’t mind, everything is banana flavored.”

 

Hongbin looked down at the tray and chuckled. “I don’t mind at all.” He smiled at her, he ignored all the girls going crazy over his dimple smile in the background, and picked up a muffin.

 

Hakyeonie was already drinking one of her favorite banana milks and Hongbin really had struggle to not say how adorable she looked.

 

It had been twenty minutes later when they walked out of the cafe. Immediately Hakyeonie suddenly grabbed his hand again. Hongbin looked down to question her but seeing her blushed cheeks and averted gaze, muttering her own excuse. Hongbin wonder if he could die from such a fast heartbeat.

 


 

The sun begin to set over the trees and the world was filled with a golden glow. Hongbin didn’t know what was better, watching the beautiful sunset or watching it with someone he loved.

 

As he gently squeezed their intertwined hands together, Hakyeonie gave him a soft sweet smile. Today hadn’t been exactly the best day ever, but when he was with her he felt like nothing could ever be better than this moment right now.

 

“Hakyeonie-noona, do you feel better now?”

 

Hakyeonie hummed softly as she gazed at the fading sunlight and the millions of diamonds appearing in the sky.

 

Hongbin looked down to see the older’s far off expression.

 

Hakyeonie had temporarily forgotten her troubles and worries while she was with Hongbin. But now, leaning on the railing in the cool fall breeze as the sunset faded. Hakyeonie knew she couldn’t keep her feelings hidden forever.

 

Hongbin watched as tears began to slide silently down her cheeks, “Haky-”. Hongbin caught her just as she turned to hug him tightly.

 

Hakyeonie held on to the younger male's sweater, letting the tears soak through as she let out small whimpers and sobs. Hongbin silently smoothed her hair, hugging her closer to him as she cried more. He didn't care if his sweater got soaked, just as long as she is not alone.

 

The pair stood like that for a while, Hongbin listening to her small cries as he calmed her by running his fingers through her hair. He had just noticed how soft her hair was and felt like he could hold her like this forever. Soon, Hakyeonie calmed down and all that was left was small sniffles.

 

"Thank you, Hongbin.", she pulled back out of his embrace, Hongbin felt reluctant to let her go but knew he had to sooner or later. He gave her a small smile, noticing how red her eyes were and how she rubbed at her now stuffy nose.

 

"Do you want to talk about it, Noona?" He knew what this was all about and he knew he shouldn't be involved in much as he is already. But the way the older girl's eyes shined with unshed tears and her small whines and sniffles brought an ache to his heart, he just couldn't leave her alone.

 

She sniffled, trembling again. Hongbin doesn't know what was going through his mind but he found himself wrapping her up in his warm and comforting arms again. She felt so small compared to him that he just wanted to enveloped her with all his warmth and love, but he knew he couldn't. "Won-wonshik....*sniff*... he....he..." she hugged him tighter.

 

His heart wrenched in pain, "Noona, did Wonshik do something?"

 

Hongbin felt the older shake her head, snuggling more into his warmth, "I...I love him so much...." She whispered softly into his chest, the younger barely could make out the words but they still stung his aching heart. "....Wonshik...he loves Jaehwa so much...I wish I was enough.....enough for him to become happy again......"

 

The younger softly ran his fingers through her soft hair, "Noona, you're already enough....he's probably happy that at least there is someone who will listen and understands his feelings."

 

"But I don't want to be just someone who listens!", Hakyeonie looked into his eyes with clear pain, "I want to love, Hongbin. I want to love someone and I want someone to love me just as much as Wonshik loves Jaehwa. I don't want to go through this pain anymore, I want to save Wonshik and myself from this awful pain. I want him to know how much I love him and how much I will love him for all eternity. And even if it doesn't work out between us. I want to at least know how it feels to be loved just as much as Wonshik loves her. I want to know and feel that overwhelming and warm love everyday and every single second. What... *sniff*.....what is so great about Jaehwa anyway?...."

 

Hakyeonie clutched to his chest again, sobbing her heart out. He stood there frozen remembering the words she had just spoken.

 

'..even if it doesn't work out between us. I want to at least know how it feels to be loved just as much as Wonshik loves her. I want to know and feel that overwhelming and warm love everyday and every single second.'

 

Without thinking the younger lifted her sobbing face up, cupping her cheeks, "Hongbin, wh-" the words tumbled from her mind almost immediately, as the younger kissed her soft and lovingly. It lasted for a while the older frozen on the spot her mind numb and only thinking his soft lips on hers as the younger slowly regained his mind and realized he was kissing the older.

 

He backed away quickly, his face flushed red and his mind and thoughts in a jumbled, "I'm sorry, Noona! I-I wasn't thinking!...."

 

All Hakyeonie could do is lightly trace the lingering feeling on her lips. "Hongbin?....", she quietly said after a few moments of silence.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Do you....", she looked into his eyes with a questioning expression, ".....like me?"

 

The younger blushed deeply again and nervously looked around, "I....I..." before taking a deep breath and facing her again. "Yes....I....I love you, Hakyeonie-noona. I always have....I want to be the one who can love you just as much as Wonshik loves Jaehwa. I want to be the one who can shower you with overwhelming warmth and love. I know you love Wonshik but.....I can wait...wait until you come running into my open arms no matter how long it takes. I love you, Cha Hakyeonie."

 

Hongbin could see the guilt, the conflict in her eyes, he doesn't want to hear it, "Hongbin...I...I'm sorry but-"

 

He shook his head with a sad smile, "It's alright, Noona. You don't have to say anything. As long as we can stay friends, I'll be alright."

 

As the faded light turned to night. His smile didn't help him cope with the guilty expression of the older's nor the heavy weight he now felt after telling her everything, it didn't lighten the pain in his heart, in fact, it only made it worse.

 


 

Originally Hakyeonie was supposed to run out the room and Hongbin caught her in the hallway and she started crying, which is part of the scene I kept for the ending, except in a different setting. I just thought it would be better to change it to this to make it a little more realistic and longer. I hope those parts don’t really confuse any body. I actually wrote a version of Hakyeonie’s POV for this scene as well, and I may or may not upload after this.

 

I’m still planning on releasing special bonus oneshots and prequels to this series. I’ve added a bunch of scenes and have taken away scenes I know probably won’t fit in the series. And I’m still working out all the entire sequence to this series to where I’m changing a few parts to make them better and I’ve changed some of the characters relationships to fit the story better.

 

I’m currently stuck on the next part to this where Sanghyukie (girl!Sanghyuk) appears, I’ve got an idea already for the next part but I’m currently trying to figure it which way to write it. And I’m currently writing parts of prequels and bonus oneshots that takes place before the main series. I don’t know when I’ll be uploading them or the next part, but I currently only have one more month and a few weeks of may until college is over for me. So I probably won’t be updating anymore until my summer vacation starts.

 

Also if anyone doesn’t know yet, I will be posting various vixxgirls fanfics, I’ve either never really finished or fanfics I will not be posting on here or hints or ideas of stuff I will be posting in the future, on my tumblr blog, tales-from-blizzard-the-kat. Currently I only have a short keo oneshot, which is a never before seen oneshot I’ve written, posted on there at the moment, but I will be posting more stuff after this college semester is over.

 

Thank you to everyone who has commented, subscribed, and read! I hoped you all enjoyed this part! Comments are always very much appreciated!