Moving In?!

Love Moves in Mysterious Ways

     Kim went inside for about 10 minutes, just to confirm to her parents that she was there. She then snuck out before the Anderson boy saw her.

 

     The next day, Kim was woken up by her yaya Pokwang. “Kim, iha. Gising na. Magbihis ka narin, may ipapakilala daw sa’yo ang papa mo,” she said, shaking her awake.

 

     “Yaya,” Kim said sleepily. “It’s too early. Sino daw po ba yun?”

 

     “Hindi ko alam kung sino, pero gwapo! At wala na akong magagawa, eh. Sabi ng daddy mo gumising ka na at magbihis,” Yaya Pokwang said with finality.

 

     “Ugh,” she said, groaning. “Fine.”

 

     She got up, freshened up, and changed into her usual black shirt and black skinny jeans. She got her skateboard from under the bed and went down the stairs just to find that same boyish grin that greeted her in the pond the night before. “What are you doing here?!” she asked, incredulously.

 

     “You’re Kimberly?” he asked with the exact same tone.

 

     “You two know each other?” William Chiu asked the both of them.

 

     “Yes, sir,” Gerald replied readily.

 

     But Kim was just as ready in saying, “Sort of.”

 

     “What’s he doing here, daddy?” Kim asked once again.

 

     “Well, since Gerald here is my scholar and has no permanent home, I’ve decided to let him move in. Not adopt him, just let him move in. It would be against his wishes for me to adopt him,” Mr. Chiu explained.

 

     “Moving in?!” Kim asked, shocked. “Why?!”

 

     “Goodness, Kimmy,” William said laughing. “I could have sworn I just explained why.”

 

     “But—but—,” she tried to reason out. But she was cut short by her father.

 

     “No ‘buts,’ Kimmy,” he said firmly. “Gerald is here to stay and that is final.”

 

     Kim’s eyes darted back and forth from her father to the strange guy who suddenly invaded her home. “Whatever,” she said, headed for the door, and hopped onto her skateboard.

 

     “I am so sorry about Kim,” he said to Gerald.

 

     “No, it’s okay, sir,” he said. “I completely understand that Kim is in shock.”

 

     “Thank you, Gerald,” the older Chiu said. “At least you know how to understand.”

 

     William then called to Yaya Maria to lead Gerald to his room so that he could rest and unpack. He was also given the afternoon to explore the mansion where he’ll be living in for years to come.

 

     Yaya Aning then prepared dinner, sending Yaya Maria out to the garden to fetch Gerald. Half way through dinner, Kim came back with a frown on her face.

 

     “Kimmy,” Mrs. Chiu called out to her daughter. “Come have some dinner with us.”

 

     “Not hungry,” she called back without even sparing them a glance, and headed back to her room.

 

     At around 8 o’clock, Kim heard a knock on her door. “Enter,” she called out. The series of locks on her door clicked open and the person on the other side obliged.

 

     It was the last person Kim expected—or at least wanted—to see. “What?”

 

     “I just wanted to make sure that you don’t want to eat dinner,” Gerald said.

 

     “I said I’m not hungry,” she repeated, but with her luck, her stomach growled loudly.

 

     “I doubt that so much right now.”

 

     “Yes, thank you,” Kim said, annoyed.

 

     “I’m sorry,” he apologized.

 

     “I’m sure you are,” she said, pulling the earphones out of her ears.

 

     “I really am,” he said truthfully.

 

     “Is that all?” Kim asked, rather impatiently.

 

     “Ok. I understand you need your privacy,” he said making his way out.

 

     “Oh, of course you do,” she said, right before he closed the door.

 

     “Excuse me?”

 

     “Daddy’s little favorite. You know, growing up, I thought that that was something I wasn't supposed to worry about—the ‘other one,’ the ‘favorite’? I guess I was, yet again, wrong. Daddy would love having you here.”

 

     Gerald was confused. What was she saying? ‘Daddy’s little favorite?’ But he saw that her attention was back to her music, so he headed back to his designated room—right across the hall from hers.

 

 

 

 

     Ooh, Kim sounds upset. What will happen next? Stay tuned!!