1/1

Memento
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N: I sometimes feel like wanting to puke in my own sweetness...sorry xD The end is just too much for me. I'm not the sweet type of girl so when I have to write those scene I feel awkward. Hahah Anyway, this is really short and maybe not quite clear, the parts in Italic are "memories" of some of their lives togheter but they do NOT remember them. It's just a feeling. Okay now I shut up and you'll tell me if something is not clear enough. xD Bye~ 

Every day, of every year for the past five years, Jinhwan at 6 PM, after a day of school and homework, would enter his favorite café, near his house, seat at his favorite table, next to the big window, and order his favorite drink, mocha latte with extra whipped cream.
He liked that place, for some reasons it had this strange aura, as if it brought him back memories he once had but he forgot. He didn't quite grasp those memories, he couldn't put his hands on them. They couldn't even been called memories because he couldn't remember them. It was just a sensation, the sensation of having something familiar with the place. That place was something more deep than just a mere café he liked.

“Here's your mocha latte with extra whipped cream.”

 

Jinhwan's head shot up and a big smile crept on his lips as he recognize the voice of the boy serving him. Like always, Hanbin would bring him his favorite drink without even asking. During all those years they knew each other, the slightly younger male learnt everything about him and so did Jinhwan. He knew everything there was to know about Hanbin. He muttered a quite ‘thanks’ before waiting for the latter to join him at the table.

“How was your day hyung?” The younger boy smiled back at him before plopping on the chair right in front of Jinhwan.

Hanbin was an employee at that café for years now and that was why Jinhwan always stopped by after his shift at work ended. He liked the younger company, plus they were friends since forever. Hanbin was two years younger and he still went to school but they would always find time for one another, even tho their schedules not always matched. There were time like this, were they would met at the café and despite the still ongoing shift of the younger, he would stop for a few minutes just to chat with his best friend.

“Stressful. Like always, I'm new in the area and Mr. Nam bosses me around like no tomorrow. Luckily my shift ends at half past five and I don't have to babysit him at night. He's forty but he acts like a child.”

Hanbin was smiling the whole time as if he didn't even hear what the older was saying, if he was complaining or praising his boss. All he saw was the smooth jawline of the smaller male in front of him, the way his eyes curved into crescents every time he snorted or wrinkled his sleek nose. Or his pearl white teeth encircled by those full pink lips that moved oh so gently even when he was irritated. There was this heart-shaped mole on Jinhwan's right cheek, a little below his eye, that never failed to attract the younger attention the most. It was adorable, just like everything about the small boy.

“Your day instead? How was it?” Jinhwan stopped talking and began drinking his mocha only after eating all the delicious cream with some stripes of chocolate on it.

“Usual, at school everything went smoothly, YG contacted me again and I'm practically already working there as a producer. But the best part of the day is yet to come.” A big cocky smile appeared on the younger lips as he uttered those words.

“Which is?” The older didn't even rise his head from the drink because he knew what the latter would say and he knew that the younger had that smile of his printed on his face right now.

“You should kno-”

“Hanbin! Get your lazy back to work. I bet Jinhwan is sick of seeing that face of yours, let the kid alone.” The loud and deep voice of Hanbin's boss echoed through the café and the young employee jumped up a little scared.

“I'll talk to you later hyung, wait for me then I'll walk you home.” He didn't leave the time to the older to replay that he was already walking toward the counter where his boss was. “Yes boss, that's why he comes every time I work here. I'm sure it is because he wants to see you, not me.” Hanbin yelled not too loud and chuckled while he could still hear Jinhwan laughing because apparently he heard what the younger said.

“I love you boss!” Jinhwan blew a kiss to the owner of the café that responded with another kiss in the air and a wink before laughing too.

They knew each other very well and the boss of that place was like family to them. He always welcomed them even before Hanbin went there to work part time. That café was like their second home by now. When they needed to meet, they would do it there, or if they didn't know what to do, they would hung out there even in those days where Hanbin didn't work at the café. Jinhwan was grateful to that place, because it was one of the few places that held the most beautiful memories of his entire life. Some memories weren't that special or particular, most of them were just about Jinhwan, sitting there, at the table next to the window, watching his best friend work so passionately even when it wasn't absolutely the job of his life. Hanbin had always been like that, always put his all into whatever he was doing, be it at work, school or even with his hobby. The older had always admired him, he never was that passionate with things he didn't like, while the younger instead could put his focus in everything he needed to do, even the most boring things like cleaning dishes all day at work. From time to time Jinhwan could see the younger looking at him and he would smile back, mouthing him to stop staring and continue working. Hanbin would stick out his tongue before going back to do his job of the day.

 

“Would you like something else sir?” The waiter smiled down at him and Jinhwan quietly shook his head in response.

Just like every day, there was that strange feeling inside of his heart. As if someone was there, but he couldn't tell who. There was something missing, he knew that much, but that someone wasn't someone he knew. Yet it felt like as if he knew already everything he had to. There was this persons he felt missing, this completely unknown person to him yet so familiar, like someone you know for your entire life. But Jinhwan didn't have someone like that in his life. He thought about all the connection he had over and over for the past few years but he never came to any conclusion. He didn't know anyone that could make him feel like that. A feeling he wasn't even sure he understood.
After sipping the last drop of mocha latte from the cup, Jinhwan stood up and went to pay before heading toward the door.

 

“Goodnight boss. See you on Monday.” Both the boys waved goodbye to the owner and went outside the café, ready to go home.

Jinhwan knew that this was the best part of the day for both of them. It was late night so no one was walking on the street, everyone was already asleep or anyways in they safe houses. Jinhwan and Hanbin tho didn't mind at all, because that was when they finally could act more freely without being judged by inquiring eyes. The younger wasted no time and he immediately scooted over to his hyung, taking the older hand in his as he usually did every time they would walk together at night or when no one was around.

Pretty much everyone knew about them, and no one was against them being that close one another, it was just their relationship. More than friends, yet still a bit less than lovers. At least for now. They never talked about that, but maybe they were like dating each other or something. To them though, it didn't matter. They didn't need some label to define their relationship because they were happy with it as it was and they both knew that not being exclusive was not an option, it never even crossed their mind because there was just the two of them. It was like they had always belonged together so talking about calling themselves boyfriends or lovers or whatever was useless. They were just what they had always been, friends. That was the kind of friendship they shared.

Jinhwan smiled slightly while he intertwined their fingers together. Hanbin's hand was warm and he liked that warm more than anything else, it was even better that the heat of the fire, it was better than the warmth of a blanket. They talked about everything they wanted and sometimes they even stayed silent, enjoying the mere presence of the other. Jinhwan lived alone, but Hanbin still had to go home to his parents so they rarely spent the night together even if it happened a few times. They both looked at each other for a brief moment before saying their goodbye with a light kiss on the lips, still hand in hand until the younger had to leave and they both separated till the next day.

 

Jinhwan felt his hand itching a bit before clasping it in a fist. It was just the usual routine for him. He always had those sensation and that was just like every other. Something, someone missing from his life. It all started as soon as he turned eight, as soon as he was old enough to distinguish between reality and imagination. He probably had those episodes before too, because his mother told him he had an imaginary friend s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter