Tinted Pink

Pink Tinted

1329 words .


“Cute umbrella, Byun.” Blushing furiously, he bows his head down and walks away with fast steps to get away from the mocking voices.

Out of all the stupid things he could've done today, he just had to accidentally pull out his sister's umbrella instead of his own.

His sister's umbrella. Pink. Frilly. He wants to cry, it's like he's asking Park Chanyeol and his dumb gang to bully him.

“Come on, Byun. We were just having a little fun.” One of them comes closer, pulling the umbrella back and exposing him to the rain, he raises it up quickly and walks even faster, they cant do much since the rain is heavy and they're all carrying umbrellas too. Not pink, not frilly umbrellas. Ugh.

They follow him around for a while before each going their separate ways, leaving him alone with the bane of his existence, Park Chanyeol. Goddamn him for having such a beautiful face, if Baekhyun didn't like it so much, he would've punched it by now. 

“Hey, Byun, what's your mom cooking for dinner today?” Chanyeol asks, seriously, for once.

Baekhyun isn't really surprised at the question since Chanyeol frequently asks him to bring food over.

Did he mention they were neighbors?

“I don't know, vegetables with chicken or something. Want me to bring you some?” He asks and Chanyeol gives him an unsure look.

“Can I come over instead today?” What.

“Sorry..?” Baekhyun turns to look at Chanyeol in confusion.

“I can't?”

“No, it's just...never mind, you can come, but it's not my problem if you get bombarded with questions on the dinner table.” He says turning away from Chanyeol's grinning face, angling his umbrella to hide the rising blush on his cheeks.

“Ha, it's all right, at least there'll be people on the dinner table with me.” Chanyeol says offhandedly.

Baekhyun's opens his mouth to say something to that but clamps it shut once again. Stupid lonely jerk, I'm trying not to care about you so much.

 

 

 

 

 


“Mom! I'm home, I brought a friend with me.” Baekhyun takes his shoes off at the entrance and makes his way to the kitchen, where his mother is, she smiles at him cheerfully.

“Hey, honey, who's this?” She asks smiling up at Chanyeol. Way up. Chanyeol bows a little, introducing himself.

“He lives next door.” He says to her, watching her fuss over Chanyeol.

“Well, don't be shy honey, make yourself at home, the food will be done in just a moment.” She states, pushing them out the kitchen, “You two go wash up, now.”

 

 

Baekhyun makes his way to his room, Chanyeol following him close behind, “My dad will come home in a bit, do you wanna do something while we wait?”


“Yeah, I do.” Chanyeol answers vaguely.

Baekhyun narrows his eyes, “Well, what is it?” He asks.

He doesn't get an answer because there are lips being pressed to his, and he's being pulled close by his hips, his eyes widen suddenly, and his hands instinctively go up to push Chanyeol back with some unknown force. His face gets hotter with every passing second as he stares at Chanyeol with wide eyes.

“Y-You..wh--what do you think you're doing!?” Baekhyun stammers out, lips tingling with a strange sensation that he quickly decides he doesn't hate so much.

Chanyeol looks at him, he's not smiling but he isn't showing any signs of regret either. He grabs Baekhyun's arm and pulls him closer, close enough that Baekhyun thinks Chanyeol might be hearing the thundering of his heart against his chest.

“Kissing you.” He answers flatly, like it was the most obvious thing to do.

“Why?”

“Because I like you.” Baekhyun looks down, this could just be Park Chanyeol playing around with him like he always does. Maybe he figured out Baekhyun had feelings and thought he could mess around.

He pulls his arms away forcefully, “Is that why you wanted to come over, to mess around with me?”

“What? No! I just told you I liked you, is there something wrong with that?”

“Yes! Lots of things! Why would you even like me? All you do is pick on me and bother me, you've never.. look, Chanyeol, I don't know who told you about my feelings, but it's not funny if you wanna play with them, it's a prank I won't tolerate okay!?” He yells and Chanyeol looks at him with furrowed brows.

“I'm not playing with you.” Chanyeol assures, “I'd never do that okay?”

“Why should I believe you?”

“I...I don't know what to say to make you believe my words but I promise I'm not playing, I know I...I'm really ty with you at school, but I'll tell them to stop now because all those pranks got me what I wanted in the end.” Chanyeol smiles softly, pulling him close again.

Baekhyun looks up at him with questioning eyes, “And what did you want?”

“For you to notice me. I've always gotten attention easily, but when you came here and brushed me off the first day of school, I had to do something about it. Somewhere along the way, it stopped being about bothering you and started being about seeing your adorable reactions, then when you got used to it, I had to do something to keep your attention. I like you.” Baekhyun's can feel his heart thumping, every time Chanyeol says that.

He hides his face in Chanyeol's shirt, “All right, I get it. Stop saying it, it's embarrassing.” He mumbles.

Chanyeol laughs and wraps his arms around Baekhyun tight, squeezing him, “Thank God... I was sure I was going to be thrown out the window because of that stunt.”


“I should, Park. I really should for all the you put me through at school.” Baekhyun complains, annoyed, if Chanyeol wanted attention all he had to do was ask.

“I'm sorry about that, the boys knew why I did that stuff though. They're the ones that urged me to confess today. They said it was because I'm a good friend that deserves happiness, also that they didn't wanna bother you anymore 'cause they got bored.” Baekhyun laughs at the utter stupidity of it all.

“I hate you and all your dumb friends, why'd you have to do that to me?”

“It was just a couple of pranks. I'm sorry, I'll make up for them.”

“How?”

“Like this.” Chanyeol leans down to peck his lips, then his face, littering it with kisses. Baekhyun laughs, scrunching his nose at the attack.

“Okay, okay, I get it, I accept your apology.” He holds Chanyeol's face in his hands, looking into his eyes for any signs of lies, and leans in for a kiss when he finds nothing but the stars Park Chanyeol holds in them. He gets to look at them up close now, whenever he wants, and for some reason, that satisfies him so, so much.

 

 

Later:

“That really was a cute umbrella you had today. It kind of felt less intimidating to follow you with it.” Chanyeol says, lying down on his stomach on Baekhyun's bed.

“Shut up, it was an accident.” Baekhyun replies, pink dusting his cheeks, Chanyeol raises a hand to pinch them.

“Your cheeks are almost the same color as it, so cute.” He continues to squish Baekhyun's unamused face.

“I'm warning you, Park. I will not hesitate to throw you out.” Chanyeol laughs at him, pulling him into his arms and wrapping them all around him.

“Hey..! I can't breathe like this.” Baekhyun tries to wiggle his way out of the giant's relentless hold.

“I know, just stay still for a second, I can't believe this is actually happening. Hey, hey, we'll walk together to school and come home together and and you can come eat lunch with me and also--” Baekhyun smiles hopelessly as he nuzzles into Chanyeol's warmth, listening him talk excitedly about all the things they'll do together.


Maybe that pink umbrella was a lucky charm after all.

 

 


A/n: sorry for shortness and overflow of dialogue i have many fluffy feelings ;v; please comment, subscribe and upvote if you liked it c:

150319.