Prologue - Remember

Accidentally On Purpose

Baekhyun stares at the man in front of him. The man who used to ruffle his hair, who used to pinch his cheek fondly, who used to scold all the kids who had called him fat and, who used to tell Baekhyun to wait for him. It’s all too painful for him to remember. He has buried it deep inside the recesses of his mind. Other people, they might call call it a crush, but for him, Park Chanyeol will be his first love, forever and always.

Baekhyun is just not sure whether he will be his last love.

Chanyeol smiles goofily despite the rain that has started to soak his clothes. He sighs and tries to put on his raincoat but gets startles when the man suddenly lies down on the hard ground, eyes closed like he’s fainted. He quickly kneels down, shaking his body hard enough that Chanyeol’s head rolls to the side.

Before Baekhyun can start panicking, Chanyeol sits up and looks at him. Baekhyun heaves a sigh in relief, but then scrunches his nose when he catches the smell of alcohol lingering on the other. Baekhyun shakes his head at the sight of his boss who looks from from the handsome and sophisticated man people knew. He honestly doesn't know why Chanyeol is this drunk, and even more clueless as to why the man is here, in front of his house.

Remembering that Chanyeol indeed has a reputation to keep, he continues to help the man wear his raincoat, despite his hand being occupied with the umbrella. He ignores Chanyeol’s heavy stare and nearly curses the guy for looking at him that way, when suddenly a hand reaches for his cheek and starts caressing it..

Baekhyun is stumped, his hands stop moving and his eyes widen slightly at the latter’s gesture. That look is still there, except that it gets more intense. It makes Baekhyun uncomfortable.

“Chanyeol…” he said, his lips nervously. Suddenly, he feels uneasy, like something bad is going to happen soon.

“Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol replies instead, and Baekhyun just looks at him. The man offers him a small smile. “You remind me of someone.” He said, and makes a circle on Baekhyun’s cheek with his thumb. “I just… can't… remember who…” he continues, swaying and tripping towards Baekhyun, his head ending up on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

Baekhyun his lips again and looks at Chanyeol’s soft, black hair. Ignoring how his clothes start to soak because of the latter's wetness, he chooses to wrap his arms around Chanyeol’s body and sighs.

“This is not fair…” he says in a small voice. "How come I recognized you this instant while you don’t even remember my name?”