Part One

Marriage Needs Love

Love is beautiful. It's not to be messed with. Love is not a test. It's a reality. Love can't be bought or forced. Unfortunately, some people in the world didn't understand that. My parents sure didn't. They believed in arranged marriage. Forcing two people together. And here, today, was the day I had to meet someone they were forcing me to marry. Today felt like the end of my life.

My name is Park Minhyuk, but my friends call me Rocky. I live in a small suburb in the outskirts of Seoul. We didn't even have a name for our small suburb. I've lived here all my life, born and raised. I just turned 18, the age to be married off, my parents believed. The age where everything changes and I become an adult. To top it off, my dad is a major CEO to a telecommunications company and he expected me to take over the business as soon as I get married. Meaning I was done for. My life was over.

I sighed as I stared into the mirror, styling my hair with a little bit of gel. When all the hair was out of my eyes and styled nicely on top of my head, I brushed some eyeliner onto my eyelids before straightening out the red and black tie around my neck. I cleared my throat a couple of times and stared hard at myself in the mirror. My blue suit jacket fit nicely, and the white shirt underneath looked perfectly ironed. After a few moments of checking myself out, I smiled in content and left the bathroom, shutting the light off as I went.

I walked down the stairs and into the dining room where my mother was busy setting the table. My older brother and husband, yes he married a guy, we both were actually very into guys and our parents knew that very well, were helping my mother straighten out the place mats. Both men were wearing matching black suits, though my brother was sporting bright orange, fluffy hair that covered his eyes with his thick rimmed glasses, while his husband's hair was more styled like mine and a natural black color. Both of them looked up and grinned at me as I walked into the room, glancing me up and down.

Looking good, little bro,” my older brother said in his slightly high pitched voice as he smiled at me. “Are you ready to meet your soon to be husband?”

Not really,” I said, shrugging my shoulders before looking at my mother. “What do you need me to help with?”

Nothing,” she said with a smile. “Just go wait in the living room. Your father will be arriving with your fiance and his family fairly soon.”

Neh,” I replied, leaving the kitchen and walking into our very open living room that had a wide, glass door that showcased our back yard.

I sat down on the large sofa in the room, staring at the blank tv screen with a small frown on my face. I couldn't believe my parents were seriously going through with this. I mean, they did the same with my brother and his husband, and the two of them seemed perfectly happy, but that didn't mean I would be with my husband. I had no idea what kind of guy he would be and I always liked meeting someone before getting in a serious relationship with them. Marrying someone meant binding them to you for life. I am absolutely and completely against divorce, so that meant no matter what, I was stuck with this guy for life.

I became so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear the front door open and people walking in. I just stared off into space until I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. I quickly shook my head and looked up to find my brother standing over me. He grinned and pulled me up, telling me that they were here. I nodded and followed him into the dining hall, where my dad was guiding a family to sit down. He sat a man around his age down at one end of the table with the man's wife on the right side of the table. Next to the woman was a boy around my age with bleach blonde hair. The boy was sporting a white suit that matched his hair with his sleeves rolled up and a bright green tie. He was making formal look very unique to say the least.

Park Jinwoo,” my father said, causing the boy to look up from the phone he currently had out. His mother immediately took the phone out of his hands and the boy jumped up and stood up straight. He looked shorter than me, and I was pretty short... Though my brother was shorter than me. “Meet your fiance, my son, Park Minhyuk.”

Neh! Annyeonghaseyo!” the boy cried, bowing deeply to me with a wide grin on his face. “Call me Jin Jin!”

Ah, nice to meet you,” I said shyly, awkwardly nodding towards him.

Minhyuk, why don't you go sit next to him?” my mother asked, taking me by the shoulders and leading me over to my seat.

Nice to meet you too,” the boy said, stretching out his hand for me to shake as soon as I was standing right next to him.

Neh,” I said, awkwardly shaking his hand and then sitting down in my seat.

"So, how did you meet my husband?" my mother asked, looking at Jinwoo's father.

"I'm a share holder for his company," Jinwoo's father replied. "We go to the batting cages together every once and a while. We talk about family and everything."

"So you guys talked about us?" Jinwoo asked, gesturing between me and him.

"Of course," my father said, nodding his head. "Otherwise you two wouldn't be getting married."

"Since when did I have to go through an arranged marriage anyway?" Jinwoo asked with a frown. "Never in my life was I told that I had to get married to someone of my parents' choice. Why now?"

"When my dad meets anyone that has a son our age that's what happens," my brother said with a soft smile. "That's how the two of us got married. His family never told him that he had to go through an arranged marriage either."

"But it's not that bad," my brother in law said with a bright smile. "We're very happy. Besides, with the standards here in Korea, it's very hard to find homoual partners. We're lucky to have parents who agree with it and support us. Most parents are very against it."

"Yeah," my brother agreed, nodding his head. "It would be better having a partner whose parents agreed with your partner than someone whose parents were against your whole relationship. That just makes everything ten times harder. And my brother, he's the sweetest person you'll ever meet. He's very easy to get along with. However, he is very against marrying someone he doesn't know, so you'll have to bear with him in that case."

"I'm right there with you," Jinwoo told me with a smile, I just nodded slightly and stared at my food.

"He's very shy too," my brother added, causing me to glare at him. "And awkward."

"Yah," I said with a frown, causing my brother to laugh and slap hands with his husband.

I sighed and looked at the food on my plate, moving around a fish cake with my chopsticks. I was too self cautious now to even look up at Jinwoo after my brother spat out those words. I mean it's obvious that I'm shy and awkward. It's not like that has to be said out loud to other people when you can clearly see that. I felt a pat on my back, causing me to look up and find Jinwoo smiling at me.

"Hey, don't worry," Jinwoo assured me. "I don't mind any of that."

I nodded and gave him a small smile before continuing with eating my food. The adults kept up a conversation while my brother and his husband joked around with each other. I stared at my plate and I could feel Jinwoo's eyes on me. It felt a little penetrating, and I tried to ignore it. I didn't really like people staring at me, to be very honest.

"Yah, Rocky-yah!" my brother cried, causing me to look up with him with wide eyes.

"Neh hyung?" I asked, staring at him curiously.

"Why aren't you talking with Jinwoo?" he asked, pointing at my fiance. "He obviously wants to talk to you."

"A-ah, sorry," I said, bowing shyly to the other boy. "I... um.."

"Hey, it's okay," Jinwoo said with a soft laugh. "How old are you? When is your birthday?"

"I'm 18," I replied, tapping my fingers on the table. "My birthday is February 24th, 1999."

"Wow, really?" Jinwoo asked with wide eyes. "You're only 18?! Wow... I'm 21. My birthday is March 15th, 1996."

"Oh, okay," I said, nodding my head.

"You're older than me," my brother in law said with a grin. "I'm September 1st, 1997."

"Seriously?!" Jinwoo asked, turning on him. "And you're his husband? How old are you?"

"I'm 22," my brother replied. "October 13th, 1995."

"Wow," Jinwoo said with a grin, looking around at everyone. "So I'm one of the oldest here?"

"I guess so," my brother said with a laugh.

"I didn't catch your names," Jinwoo said, smiling at my brother and his husband. "What were they?"

"I'm Jimin," my brother said, pointing to himself and then gesturing towards his husband. "This is Jungkook."

"Oh, okay," Jinwoo said, nodding his head.

We all fell silent again and I quietly finished my food. Once again Jinwoo's eyes were on me. I sighed and looked over at him, only to have him smile brightly at me. I smiled back and nodded my head before going finishing my last bite. The conversation in the room died down as everyone else finished up their meals. By the end of dinner, there was just a nice, peaceful silence. I kinda liked it. I wasn't one for loud noises, to be honest. Unless it had to do with music. That was different.

So when's the wedding?” Jinwoo's mother asked, looking around the table.

As soon as Rocky finishes up his high school finals, we'll start planning the wedding,” my father replied, smiling at everyone. “I want him to finish up high school before he stresses about getting married.”

That's not going to stop me from stressing,” I replied, looking up at my father. “Suddenly you announce that I'm getting married. How am I supposed to not stress about that? I just met Jinwoo hyung and now everything is changing and it's just so weird.”

How about this,” Jinwoo said, causing me to turn on him. “Just for things to become more comfortable with each other, let's have a night out. You and your friends with me and my friends. We can go out and get dinner and a movie. Then maybe go to karaoke or something.”

That's a great idea!” my mother cried, smiling brightly at me. “Rocky? What do you say?”

That's not a bad plan,” I said with a small smile. “Deal. When should we go?”

How about tomorrow after you get out of school?” Jinwoo asked me. “It's a Friday night. My friends and I will pick you three up from school and we'll go from there.”

I'll have to call Sanha and Bin hyung,” I said, nodding my head. “But that sounds good.”

Cool! I'll call my friends MJ hyung and Eunwoo!” Jinwoo said happily. “This will be fun!”

It will,” I said with a soft smile. “It will be good to get to know each other.”

Definitely,” Jinwoo said with a satisfied grin. “Definitely.”